Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 3
A profile review
Posted: 12/15/2014 4:31:06 AM
That is not going to work OP, read ^^^^^^^^^ as suggested, you need 3 solid paragraphs.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 4
A profile review
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:02:30 AM
Banterman, online dating is all about marketing yourself in the best light. I don't think online dating is going to work for you. There are things on your profile that you might be either unable or unwilling to change.

To start off, your tagline - "Here I go again."

Makes you sound like you've been around the block a few times. On and off POF multiple times? Can you think up something better?

You can post up to 8 photos and you've only used 2 slots. Post some more photos.

Profession - you answered "have one". Well that sure tells a woman a whole lot. By listing a profession, even in general terms, a woman has an idea if the man is in a profession that appeals to her and approximately what his income is. A vegetarian is not going to want to be surprised to find out the "have one" profession means she's meeting up with a butcher. A woman who is the CEO of a huge corporation with a fat salary is not going to want to date a man delivering newspapers on his bike. Cagey about profession is a pass for most women.

At 35 you don't have a car and no explanation why not in your About Me. There's only about 3 cities in the world where public transportation is really good that they don't need a car to get around, but they probably own a car anyway so they can get out of town for outings. Belfast isn't one of those cities so you should address how you plan to pick up your date. Maybe you're terrified to get behind the wheel of a car. Maybe you recently had a car crash and insurance hasn't settled yet so you can buy another. Maybe you're broke and can't afford one. Maybe you're behind on spouse or child support and the government agency in charge of enforcement seized your car and you've been blocked from registering/insuring another car until you're arrears are caught up. Maybe you did something bad while driving and you've been banned from having a driver's license. A woman's going to think the worst. No car = pass.

At your age you're undecided about having children. A woman in her 30's knows if she's a yes or no and is going to do an online search for a similar thinking man. She's not going to want to waste her time on a man who's going to waffle back and forth while he decides. I doubt any woman is doing a search and choosing undecided in the have children category.

You need more interests. Try for 9, but 12 to 15 is better. If the interest doesn't show up in blue, its not a clickable searchable interest. "Enjoying the banter" falls into that category.

Half your about me consists of song lyrics or a poem. You've just wasted real estate where you could have been talking about your goals, places you want to travel to, what you like to do for adventure, what excites you about life, qualities you're looking for in a woman. The other 3 sentences in your About Me are clich├ęs. And then there's this gem: "Anything else you want to know ask :-)" I don't think so. Your About Me should give a good, clear picture of you so a woman doesn't have to ask.

Your first date: "How about we just do something chilled?" What? Visit a morgue? Put something down like go for coffee. That's inexpensive and about 30 minutes out of both of your lives, so if things aren't clicking away you go.

Good luck.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
A profile review
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:12:07 AM

Posted By: banterman_
is it my description?

Yes.

I was hoping,
from "Banterman"
a little more playful banter
in your written description.

I felt let down
when I read the last sentence
of your "About Me."

Anything else you want to know ask :-) this thing wants me to write more but I really don't want to lol, after all we have to leave something's to talk about.

I suggest you start bantering man.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 6
A profile review
Posted: 12/15/2014 3:28:18 PM
What a jarring profile. I'm speechless.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A profile review
Posted: 12/15/2014 4:40:09 PM
You have two selfies. Get a friend to take 20 photos of you, indoors and out, doing things.

Don't say "just ask", the women you write to don't have time to ask.

Don't say "have one" for profession, you are competing against men who disclose their profession.

Your longest relationship was 1 year???
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > A profile review