Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 d2545
Msg: 1
Profile ReviewPage 1 of 1    
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=80240541

Hello. Would you mind giving my profile a review? I'm having minimal responses to my messages. I don't know if it's my profile, or what I write.

Thanks!!
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
Profile Review
Posted: 12/16/2014 5:34:47 PM
Hi OP, click on my profile, read it, then come back here and tell me what you think the difference is between yours and mine.

Also read the profile tips at the top of the page in green.

Best wishes

Jerry
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Profile Review
Posted: 12/16/2014 6:18:12 PM
It is not good :( So neg
If she need not wear a pound of makeup
how come you posing with others and wearing costumes?
Read the tips at the top but more importantly
put some effort into writing a profile if you want to be taken seriously
 tatersprout
Msg: 4
Profile Review
Posted: 12/16/2014 6:52:34 PM
What they said.
It's not magic where you sign up, fill out stats, and they drop into your lap, unfortunately.

Tell your personality, what you do for fun, what type of woman you seek.
No negativity, and humor is very good.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Profile Review
Posted: 12/16/2014 8:52:17 PM
There are definitely more efficient ways to find a f-buddy. You are dancing around it in your profile but it's obvious to any girl who has been here more than 20 minutes what you're really looking for. If that's not true, there is a complete list of things you need to do to correct that first impression. If that IS true, you are wasting your time on this particular site.

Let us know what you're really looking for (don't waffle) so we can offer more specific suggestions.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 6
Profile Review
Posted: 12/16/2014 11:34:07 PM
Typically you don't want to make demands, and you probably really want to avoid making demands when you avoid describing yourself.

Ironically, online dating is a humbling experience. Most go into it thinking its below them, women are buyers, you're the seller. What are you selling? Demands without justification?

Yeah you display a healthy amount of confidence, but that translates to an irrational level of arrogance for the above mentioned reasons.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 7
Profile Review
Posted: 12/17/2014 4:34:06 PM
A girl to hang out and chill with? Let's call a spade a spade. We are all adults here.

You're not going to convince a woman to sleep with you by criticizing her makeup. Like with many things in life, there is a tactful way to state your desires.

Also, you need to realize women are getting plenty of offers for sex, regardless of what we say. So why should she sleep with you when there are 10 other guys offering the same? What makes you special?

I suggest you only write to women seeking the same thing as you. A woman who genuinely wants a relationship and dating may be put off by your request.
 tennistown
Msg: 8
Profile Review
Posted: 12/17/2014 4:35:54 PM

I'm having minimal responses to my messages.

You could caption your photos.

For your current "main," might I suggest....

"I'm on the left."

Anytime there are more "people"
than you in a particular photo.
Eliminate the potential confusion
and guessing game of "which one is he?"

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review