Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Not here for hookups."??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SHS24
Msg: 1
"Not here for hookups."??Page 1 of 1    
Seen this on about 100 different profiles and I cannot stand it. If you've got nothing to be guilty about then don't even mention it. Guys are going to message you regardless of what you say you want on your profile.
 kasandroid
Msg: 2
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 4:37:42 PM
Awe.

Who made you the boss of women? We will write whatever we want, and we don't care what you think. And if guys want to send us messages asking for sex, we can choose to not reply.

No means no.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 3
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 4:44:51 PM
What was your question?

People can format and write their profile however they wish, you don't have to read it nor message them, you can skip it if you don't like it.

When something acquires a reputation for being a "hookup" site or where people look for such, it becomes necessary to state that the person in question is not on here for that purpose. So those who read profiles and are looking for such, as discouraged from sending a messages inquiring about such.

In my case, since my intent is "nothing serious", I explained that I'm not looking for friends, or friends with benefits. You often come across individuals who proposition for friends or FWB, and if you don't say anything about it in your profile, then you are not ruling it out either. I'm serious, I've gotten messages from people who claim to have read my profile yet they are not what I'm looking for (as per my profile), and their excuse is "you stated your preferences but you didn't outright exclude everyone else". Like really?
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 4
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 4:58:49 PM
I failed to understand the question.

If you don't like someone's profile, you are under no obligation to interact with them. Everyone sees truly mind boggling stuff in other people's profiles.

There is a perception that online dating is solely for hooking up, so some people preemptively try to state their true intentions. Others (I'd wager most of the women who have been on any site for more than a week) have received sexual messages and are hoping the disclaimer will stop the hookup requests.
 SHS24
Msg: 5
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:17:18 PM

Awe.

Who made you the boss of women? We will write whatever we want, and we don't care what you think. And if guys want to send us messages asking for sex, we can choose to not reply.

Funny how no means no only when you are not interested in the person. No wouldn't mean no if someone you were interested in wrote you a romance novel.

How stupid.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 6
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:24:12 PM

No wouldn't mean no if someone you were interested in wrote you a romance novel.

I will start it off:

It was a dark and stormy night...
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:35:29 PM
This isn't TELL A GIRL...it's ASK A GIRL. You failed to ask a question, so I will take up a post in an attempt to get this thread closed sooner. Buy a diary and rant there.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 8
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:43:46 PM

It was a dark and stormy night...

.......and Unicorn blood was in sight. There laid the beast helpless and weak and two choices presented themselves to me. Do I help the poor beast restore itself to health, or do I drink it's blood and be condemned to hell? The choices presented themselves to me, and one I must pick, oh yes indeed. Upon the sky I observed a ray of light which symbolized do I dare or do I die? These choices bestowed upon me were a test of the seven sins, do I allow a creature to live or ensure my own immortality?...........someone take it from there.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 9
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:11:41 PM
As much as I like goofing off on here, I must say "is there a question?"
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 10
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:12:25 PM
Oops! I accidentally hit "post" and took up a reply.

Sorry.
 SHS24
Msg: 11
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:15:04 PM

I failed to understand the question.

If you don't like someone's profile, you are under no obligation to interact with them. Everyone sees truly mind boggling stuff in other people's profiles.

There is a perception that online dating is solely for hooking up, so some people preemptively try to state their true intentions. Others (I'd wager most of the women who have been on any site for more than a week) have received sexual messages and are hoping the disclaimer will stop the hookup requests.

Did you read what I wrote guys are going to message about sex no matter of any "disclaimer". It's like that fat kid who has a cookie before dinner without his mother noticing so he goes and does it again and again. He wants to see how far he can get before he gets caught. Putting up a standoffish sentence about no hookups isn't going to prevent anything. I actually wonder how many women with the "disclaimer" still receive those same messages.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 12
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:03:58 PM
Get a life volcano, seriously. No cares about ur "oops I took up a post" crap.
 SHS24
Msg: 13
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:14:32 PM

Get a life volcano, seriously. No cares about ur "oops I took up a post" crap.

It's ok. She has never had a worthy forum contribution or logical thought in her life why start now lol.
 petula1908
Msg: 14
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:56:55 PM
What I cant stand is the attitude that you are displaying. We can write whatever we want on our profiles and you are coming off as an oaf. Women get swamped by so many sleazies and ineligibles that they are just trying weed out the ones that are after casual sex. Sure some guys don't read a profile just send messages according the pictures. More fool them. If you ever got the replies that women typically get, you would understand how tedious it is to have to wade through all that mail.

VolkanoKing
Msg: 15
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:57:56 PM
Oh crap I hit "post" again.

That seems to happen when the umpeenth whiny, bitter guy comes on to rail on about women.

Sorry.
 petula1908
Msg: 16
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:00:48 PM
Stupid?? Because a woman doesn't want to deal with a man she is not attracted to. You have lost your sense of logic. Not doing too well? You sound as though you have a chip on your shoulder and the pictures you have loaded, reflect that.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 17
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:06:38 PM

If you ever got the replies that women typically get, you would understand how tedious it is to have to wade through all that mail.

I think most guys would be happy to trade places with women for a while and be on the receiving end of "all that mail", than on the composing (and rejected) end most of the time or all of the time, whatever their individual case may be.

If a woman considers the avalanche of mail so "tedious" to wade through, she can always quit dating sites altogether and keep meeting men the same ways in which she always met them before joining a dating site, or is it possible that she WASN"T meeting any "perfect" men by the other methods, and figured a dating site was the panacea?
 petula1908
Msg: 18
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:36:10 PM
I will say that women are often on dating sites like these just to see who takes the bait and are not serious at all about meeting anyone.

Sure receiving a lot of mail from women may be exciting at first, but once you realise that most of them are of no interest at all, yes it gets tedious. Especially from those who are twice your age, or half your age, ugly and unemployed or all three, for instance.
 SHS24
Msg: 19
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:50 PM

I will say that women are often on dating sites like these just to see who takes the bait and are not serious at all about meeting anyone.

So with this you are basically saying that many women are here "just to see" and actually have no intention of going on any dates with anyone.

Sounds like a big, I don't know, game?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 20
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/19/2014 12:01:07 AM
While I can agree that "Not Here for Hookups" is negative and negative profiles are not appealing I can understand what can drive a woman to write such a thing. Years ago I think I had something similar in my profile - for about 2 weeks and then I learned about the IE filters.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 21
Not here for hookups.??
Posted: 12/19/2014 1:59:32 AM
Unfortunately, OP, it's not really your choice to decide what a woman should state on her profile, lest it directly names and shames you or violates the usage policy some other way.

You have the right and the responsibility to move forward to a more interesting profile -- preferably to a profile that includes the 'hook ups' that which you apparently seek.

Cheers
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Not here for hookups."??