Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Attractive or not attractive???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RocketmanNX01
Msg: 1
Attractive or not attractive???Page 1 of 1    
It seems to me that all the woman that use the meet me feature towards me are BBW and Few extra pounds. Just unattractive woman. Most if not all emails that I get from woman are the same type. I sure as heck am not gonna sell my self short. I see myself as an attractive guy. I sure am not the most sexy athletic guy in the world but I am certainly not below par.

Most if not all woman I message are either thin, athletic, and or average. I rarely get replies to those. Then I ask myself maybe I should sell myself short and message a BBW or Few extra pounds. But then I think I would not be happy even if it worked out. I think most people on here are looking for a long term thing. If I end up meeting a woman on here I want a woman that I find highly attractive because if it works out I want a woman who likes sports, enjoys being active, and not a lazy person.

My search range is within 50 miles of my location. I know Oklahoma is one of the fattest states in the country. I am thinking 50 miles is not enough of a distance. I may stretch it out 100 miles. But if it is to long of a distance then you are almost defeating the purpose of trying to meet a woman because at that range you may see each other only a few times a month.

So woman what do you think? Should I just bite the bullet and "Settle" or lay low and wait? I have been here since May 2014. Hypothetically speaking if I am on here for a year and have not found anyone isn't just defeating the purpose of being here because if this sites statistics are right than I sure as hell should of found a woman by then.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 2
Attractive or not attractive???
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:16:13 PM
I think I gave you a profile review saying you looked like a lovely young man.

I take all that back considering this post.
The fat women are too good for you.

If you want to meet a woman who likes sports and enjoys being active then that is fine.

The rest of your rant is a shallow whine.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:19:13 PM
You even described your state as fat.

Should I just bite the bullet and "Settle"

No ... if you've never been attracted to a woman 'in real life' who was 'a few extra pounds' or BBW, they I would not waste the women's time or yours.

--------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add: you'll only get 21 or 23 replies on ask a girl, so I wouldn't use too may up commenting back if you want opinions. You can click the edit button under your picture to add more to your comment, tho.

True that everyone hopefully will find love ...but if you know that's not you, then don't do that to them, IMO. No one wants to be an 'experiment' or a "for now." If, however, you've ever been attracted to a woman like that in real life, at least to the point that you've said to yourself "she's not my type, but there's something appealing", then it wouldn't hurt to make some initial contacts and see. You never know sometimes, someone you wouldn't think is 'your type' can turn out to be 'your type' later after you've dated/attached to them. An example, I never dated a bigger guy. When I did, and after an attachment to him and some GREAT cuddling, I could no longer say "that's not my type". Can't say it is, but can't rule it out anymore.
 RocketmanNX01
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:20:52 PM
I know. I am saying every guy has their "type" of woman they are looking for. I just stated "my type." My concern is my "type" is more rare then most. Its harder to find the type of woman I am looking for. Everyone deserves to be loved.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:34:32 PM
Agreed. Everyone deserves to be loved.

Pretty packaging is nice but the present inside is more important.

p.s. You are a gymnastics coach.
Surely you meet lots of gymnasts and other athletes.
 RocketmanNX01
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:42:01 PM
Yea I do, but I generally want to find a woman outside of my profession. Its just easier when both people in a relationship have separate careers i think.
 gcdeb
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:59:05 PM
It's against forum rules to post this type of question:

"Billboard or Contact-Broadcast Thread/Post

People that either create new Thread or post Messages to promote themselves on the Forum to have someone(s) contact them (Troll Posts), often posting their e-mail address as well. Sometimes they even make such Thread "To Get Other People's Opinions" for Advice about THEMSELVES such as:

"Am I Ugly? What do you think?" ...or... "
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:27:12 PM
Why, do you think fat women don't have their preferences which may or may not include finding you attractive? So what if some fat women contact you to see if you have any interest in them, are fat women required to not dare contact men unless they are given a special golden ticket? All those women you wanted to reply to you, they found you not to be what they are interested in, just like you find the chubbies, so what, such is life, did you really feel the need to post a slam like this? Just don't answer those you aren't interested in or send them a thanks but no thanks or block them, you really didn't need to slam them just in case another one of them dares to think they have a right to contact men they are attracted to.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/23/2014 5:12:54 AM
No, you're not attractive -- you're average, as in your profile, photos, and that you're below average in disposition.

You seem to think women like me don't have our own preferences which don't include the likes of you. I'd never settle; and I take responsibility for my limitations, my high selectivity, and my life.

Now get lost.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:01:33 AM

If I end up meeting a woman on here I want a woman that I find highly attractive because if it works out I want a woman who likes sports, enjoys being active, and not a lazy person.

So:
All fat people are lazy
All thin people like sport and being active
All larger/curvy women are unattractive?

I think before you start any kind of dating you need to take a deep hard look at yoruself and how you judge people on appearance.

Maybe, just maybe, you should be going for people based on their personality, likes, interests and sense of humour rather than just their waist size.

Fat people can lose weight, you'll still be a douche.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:13:34 AM
Your perspective on yourself seems very limited to what you think of yourself. Have you asked any lady friends to evaluate your own self image and profile? It's a humbling task, but frankly it's the smart thing to do - because your opinion really doesn't matter to anyone else - beauty/attraction is always in the eye of the beholder. Finding outside opinions gets you that much closer to understanding how your audience thinks.

What some consider 'Fat' may be 'Athletic' compared to their neighbors and friends, so each person's label is based on their own backgrounds as well - and their choices can be just as flawed as yours may be.

Keep in mind, the most attractive 15% or so in here get about 90% of the online 'attention' - so if you're setting your own target that high, you're pretty much just a ripple in a rainstorm. It would be nice to only have to worry about searching for and matching whatever specific body type your may prefer, but these kind of sites are open to ALL flavors, sizes and colors, and you can't control who may be attracted to you - EVER.

If you're looking for someone highly athletic like a gymnast, yet you don't want to date a gymnast - do you understand how you've just shut off your MOST likely route to find someone of that type? Yes, you may find someone in a totally different profession that fits your specifics, but by ignoring the largest portion of likely targets, you've basically hobbled your chances by a huge amount. It's almost like shooting yourself in the foot right before the start of a marathon. It's ridiculously hard to find a banker or a chemist or someone who's got enough spare time to work out like a gymnast and stay in that shape - and if they do work out that hard, where would THEY find spare time to date? They gotta go to work too. Do you understand what I'm saying?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:33:12 AM

It seems to me that all the woman that use the meet me feature towards me are BBW and Few extra pounds. Just unattractive woman. Most if not all emails that I get from woman are the same type. I sure as heck am not gonna sell my self short. I see myself as an attractive guy. I sure am not the most sexy athletic guy in the world but I am certainly not below par.

Most if not all woman I message are either thin, athletic, and or average. I rarely get replies to those.

Attraction is 100% subjective, thus thinking that not getting a reply or only getting messages some people you are not attracted to is a symptom of anything but the law of averages is a fail at understanding attraction.
 hemicharger4403
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:43:24 AM
To the OP- I know this is an "ask a woman" forum, but I thought I'd chime in here. I wouldn't put much stock in the "meet me" feature. What very few "wants to meet you" messages I get from women are always someone whom I am not attracted to. And it's not necessarily that they are not physically attractive or overweight, usually I take one look at the profile and realize me and this person have ZERO in common and/or their profile has all of one sentence about themselves. Truthfully if someone is interested in you but all they can do is click yes(or swipe right if on a smartphone) and they can't take the time to send you a short message, they are probably lazy. And you mentioned in your message that you are not looking for someone who is lazy. Instead of worrying about "meet me" messages, do a search for your area and see what profiles come up, from those message the ones you are interested in. And while I agree with you on not wanting to settle, I would be cautious about making assumptions or remarks that imply larger people are lazy. If a larger person doesn't attract you, then they don't attract you. Simple as that. Don't settle but don't just lie low and wait either.
 _shakti_
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:54:27 AM

The phenomenon of not wanting the people who want you but not being wanted by the people you want is just another tragic or amusing norm of the basic human condition, depending on your point of view.
Lol ain't that the truth!

I sure as heck am not gonna sell my self short.
And neither are the women you consider attractive who evidently feel that you don't pass muster.

Then I ask myself maybe I should sell myself short and message a BBW or Few extra pounds. But then I think I would not be happy even if it worked out.
You're basing that on a few pounds of flesh?

It almost sounds like you think fit women feel the same as you, that being fit is an automatic in. If that's what you're counting as your largest selling point, it might be time to work on some other features.

That is exactly the type of man I avoid. The ones who think their hot body and going to the gym nearly everyday of the week is attractive. It isn't, not to me. I could care less. I want to know he cares about more than his physique and concomitant pumped up ego.

Edit: Omg I just looked at your profile and you aren't even athletic! I could see your point if you were in tip top shape. Yowza. Maybe start working out all through the week so you can hopefully attract another body obsessed person?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/23/2014 7:00:46 AM
I want a magic mirror too!
OP has been given much good advice.. like draws like
You can lay low and wait til the cows come home and unicorns rule the earth
But frankly I think you only posted to slam women.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/23/2014 8:12:03 AM
All those rotten fat women taking up space on dating sites. How dare they. Just getting in the way or making you happy and fulfilled. What say we get rid of all the fatties for you...and I will get rid of all the whiny, shallow entitled men and then...

Oops!

Heh. Sorry.
 StarClassic
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/23/2014 8:30:59 AM
Dooooood! Have I got the perfect girl for you.
She's trim, athletic and log legged. Just the right height for you even.
Has a magnetic personality, and could give a poop less what a man looks like.
Rub her chest, pat her on the ass and she'll cling to you like Velcro.

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/AsphaltCowboy_album/003_zps6b3c743e.jpg[/IMG]

OK. How do I link to a PB image?
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/23/2014 8:31:22 AM
I haven't read other replies, so if there is a repeat of anything I apologize. You see yourself as an attractive guy, I see you as an average looking guy. Many average looking women (like myself) get lots of messages from average looking to below average looking men. After that, we will pick who we think will be a match and who we feel attracted to.

Average doesn't equal unattractive and can be attractive. It's just finding someone who thinks we are the latter and not everyone will. I have had many men reject my initial contact messages including guys who facial features did not trump mine. With those who did of course they didn't write back unless they were looking for a booty call.

In regards to pudgier women contacting you, I get the same in reverse although my subject line clearly states I am seeking someone slim/slender. Maybe all the slender women are dating people hence their reason for not writing you back or they're just not interested. You don't look all that lean, so maybe be a little more open with a women's body type. I see nothing wrong with women who have a few extra pounds (10 - 15lbs) and some are super cute and sexy if they have even weight distribution.

It's unfortunate I don't find men who have the same extra weight on their bodies super cute. If I did I would not be single because there are is an abundance of overweight men where I live.
 LittleLadyMaxine
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/23/2014 11:15:16 AM
Sure, the less desirable women will be more aggressive, they have to be... that's the law of supply and demand at work. Here's a shocker for you... you don't need internet dating to find horizontally-challenged women... you can find one right down the street!

Work on your profile/pics, and contact more women. It's a number's game for men. If you are under 25, most of the women are in school/college, go there.

-------Gary and Marie
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Attractive or not attractive???