Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dreamin_of_you
Msg: 1
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Just wondering if you got what you wished for this Christmas? I don't know about you, but I keep my wish simple - to enjoy it with family and friends, having a good meal and good times.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday season!
 calguy14
Msg: 2
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:22:51 AM
Mostly its about giving at my age,Need is just new stuff I think of.Spent the morning trying to get my grandson's new toy gun working.He figured out how to load the clip pretty quick,then In the low light I fiddled with first the batteries for the camera,then the batteries for the launched,then the SD card so you can record what you shoot.:)
 ohenryx
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:38:10 PM

Just wondering if you got what you wished for this Christmas? I don't know about you, but I keep my wish simple - to enjoy it with family and friends, having a good meal and good times.

My wish is also very simple, but not at all related to what you wished for. I've still got my fingers crossed, with a little luck ... (insert evil grin here)
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:42:09 PM
If I make it home safe and sound tomorrow night with little to no snow, ice or damage to my vehicle, then yes, I got at least of bit of all of the things I wanted, but it definitely was not the best Christmas due to trying to "throw together" a Christmas for daughter away from home and the death of a family member on Christmas Eve (no, not an accident, cancer). I am grateful for my family, though, who took turns taking my daughter for a day during the week we were here and giving her bits and pieces of Christmas along the way.

I am ready (kinda) to get home and bath, sleep and eat (properly), but as 'bad' as it's been, I will feel the quiet after all of this family time.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 8:46:58 PM
I got some really great things, woohoo, I never ask for anything but I got a computer! Talk about knocking me over with a feather, I did not see that coming. Everything thing I got, from a bag of peanuts to the computer were great, no complaints. I'm better at giving than receiving and I am extremely grateful.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:35:17 PM
Not even close.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:09:07 PM
It’s been a tough year for my grandfather and his health! He is still kicking, so I did get my wish.

My grandfather opened a gift partially which ended up being a sock monkey (not sure why someone would get him this). He had the gift on his lap and pulled out the arm of the sock monkey first. He held the arm out and said “I’m not sure what he is but, hey there” as he slowly twirled the arm around and laughed. Just proves that even at 87, men are still thinking about their peckers (dirty old man). I did record it so the family can cherish the moment for a long time.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/26/2014 2:06:59 AM
my children's happiness is the best Christmas present, ever
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/26/2014 5:41:48 AM
I only wished to be with family, to enjoy the day with food and drink and laughing and quality time, and for the usual basic things - employment, shelter, good health, a warm bed. I got all that and a couple gifts. Not bad. Christmas is about kids -a so we focused on my niece and she was thrilled with her gifts. Mission accomplished. Now I seek to take advantage of after Xmas markdowns. : )
 junipermoon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:35:11 AM
i really don't enjoy christmas very much. so i just stayed home and didn't do much of anything.

but ~ i wanted a two-hour nap and got that!

i went birding, hoping to see a bald eagle or two, but got only a blue heron and a kingfisher.

a day without rain would be nice.
 cotter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:28:22 AM

Just wondering if you got what you wished for this Christmas? I don't know about you, but I keep my wish simple
I'm not religious but do enjoy the opportunity/excuse to get together with family and friends ... AND SING!

The holidays brings back-to-back performances for me (our chorus), so I enjoy singing with my fellow chorus members ... and very much enjoy seeing the pleasure and awe on the faces of our audiences when we manage to put on a really nice performance. We're not professionals so we do have our limits.

It's also fun to hear our voices in the various different venues we appear ... churches, nursing homes, local orphanages and even at the homeless shelter. Each area is different and sometimes it's a challenge for us to accomplish the sound we'd like to put out there. We don't sing with microphones so when it's an exceptionally large church, if feels like our voices are getting swallowed up.

Music gives my life meaning and when what I do gives others pleasure, that just makes it more meaningful.

... but no. Cotter and HFX_RGB are still here...
Wow ... that's some real hate going on there ... eh? Now that's just pathetic.
 junipermoon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:40:26 AM

The holidays brings back-to-back performances for me (our chorus), so I enjoy singing with my fellow chorus members ... and very much enjoy seeing the pleasure and awe on the faces of our audiences when we manage to put on a really nice performance.

ok. i'm officially jealous. i can do many things, but i can't sing.

... but no. Cotter and HFX_RGB are still here...
Wow ... that's some real hate going on there ... eh? Now that's just pathetic.

my thoughts exactly.
 Dreamin_of_you
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/26/2014 8:33:38 AM
You hang in there Cotter. While a few might not like you, many do. It goes without saying that you have a right to say anything you want - and many of us value your insight and words. Some don't. But that old saying applies - you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can not please all the people all of the time. And after all, this IS a discussion forum.
 gtomustang
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/26/2014 9:43:26 AM
"Cotter and HFX_RGB are still here..."

>>>gosh, if someone really dislikes 'em enough to pray for them to leave...why doesn't he man up and remove his own self from what pains him? seems like its two to one.

Me, I loosened a filling and didn't get laid. But an old friend called up to do dinner and breakfast--a reminder that someone does indeed do what they say they'll do and show up when they say they will show up. So, I guess a tie.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/26/2014 10:16:11 AM
^^^yup, some of the angry folks are still here and taking pokes when it's far easier to walk away from the forums.

I didn't get laid either, teeth are fine too. The great thing was spending another Christmas with my 84 year old Dad. He and I cooked a nice prime rib dinner, drank a nice red wine...awesome.
 _shakti_
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/26/2014 3:12:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of this time of year, but things weren't overly traditional or laden with greed and I thoroughly enjoyed myself with family and on my night shifts. So while I made no wishes, they were exceeded :)
 Molly Maude
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 4:36:50 PM
my expectations were low so I feel fairly wonderful about how this last
holiday went ... I was hoping "Santa" would bring a few days with no
family squabbles and that turned out perfectly ... I wanted (if not peace
on earth) at least peace within the family ...

we'd had a family member die just as we were sitting down to dinner on
Thanksgiving day ... and no one died during this holiday so, using that
day as a standard, Christmas eve and day were fabulous merely because
no one died ...

two families were unable to join us but we talked on the phone ... so it
was overall pretty great ... we didn't even have a cooking disaster and
those are pretty much the norm for holidays here ... during Thanksgiving
2013, my daughter-in-law's chocolate silk pie turned out wrong so she
and other members of the family had a food fight with it ... so ... taking
all things into consideration ... yeah ... "Santa" brought me a peaceful,
loving holiday w/no deaths and no food fights ... I'm happy!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/26/2014 5:33:54 PM
I did not get what I wanted for Christmas - which was to at least meet a man with potential for mutual attraction. Guess I'll need to wish on the New Year's eve star.

Instead I spent the day with my sister, her husband, and our uncle whose wife passed away a couple weeks ago. We had a nice dinner, then a long walk, dessert and conversation, and then I drove my uncle to the ferry. On the way he said "I wasn't sure about staying home or being with family today. You and your sister made it easy on me." My uncle is a wonderful person and does so much for other people that I was happy we could do this for him. So I did get something warm and special for Christmas afterall.
 calguy14
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/26/2014 5:59:10 PM
That was special.Keep in contact with him.
 aj7125
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:17:16 PM
I got what I get every year and that was being with family. My two sons and their families, my ex in laws family and in January, my side of the family will celebrate Christmas. Has been a tradition every year but what is even most important, we also practice the season all year long as far as being good people, caring for family and others. And it is natural.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy holidays!
 StumbledN
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/26/2014 9:22:27 PM
This one was quite a bit more subdued than average. I wished for nothing. But at least I didn't get that ;-)
 kj521
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/27/2014 3:01:09 AM
For many years now...... I have wished and longed for a full nights' sleep on Christmas Eve.....no staying up till 1:00 am wrapping presents only to be awoken three hours later by children insisting it is morning.......no enduring the cries of "Please.....can't we open just one present?"....no half heartedly contemplating slipping the little buggers some Tylenol pm because they can not sleep no matter what technique is tried....... no listening for tiptoeing feet and hushed giggles in a semi awake state with camera in reach and at the ready so as not to miss a single moment ...no putting together toys and trying to figure out where the heck the batteries are in the chaos of paper and bows all before that most important first cup of coffee.........

This year those wishes came true.

As I sat at the kitchen drinking my coffee I pondered my granted wishes to a silent house. What did this mean I wondered? Tears threatened as I realized the "magic" of Christmas was lost to my children........no more excited cries of delight.......no more delicious torture of anticipation......and what this really meant is that my babies had grown up.

And then a new wish, fear, hope, and worry emerged. .....Did I teach them what Christmas was all about? Did they learn what it meant to give from their hearts with no expectations? Did they learn the joyousness of even the smallest act of kindness?

Just then the silence was broken with their excited voices......

"Mom....Mom......look what Santa brought you! "

"Open this one first!"

"No! This one first"

The threatened tears fell......with the realization that sometimes granted wishes can be bittersweet.

And the best part? I am now the owner of a grinning ceramic horse salt and pepper holder with big buck teeth that I will have to display in my kitchen proudly for the rest of my life!
 Walts
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/27/2014 5:47:22 AM
Along the lines of kj's post.

I've always loved the season but, not because of all the commercialized "stuff". I was lucky because of the parents I was raised by and the gifts themselves were just one "tool" that can be used to spread of what I believe to be the feeling and meaning of Christmas and the season. "It's not the day, it's a state of mind".

As my daughter grows I can look at her and smile and "know" she "gets it". Last year was her first year of working as an emerg nurse and we had to spend our first Christmas "apart", physically. It hurt, we cried, but, we survived. This year, she volunteered to take a shift for someone that wanted to be part of her family's "big day", on Christmas Day itself. We didn't cry, and we were not upset that we would be "apart" again. Because, this year, we weren't "apart". In fact we were more "together" than ever.

And with that, I received the best "gift" I could ever receive. She will, for the rest of her life spread her belief of what Christmas is truly about. And I can feel, because I do know that I was part of this belief. She's grown to the young lady I could only have dreamt about, and she continues to amaze me. Watching her walk out the door Christmas morning for her shift, with her Santa Claus shirt, and red pants on, and the smile on her face made me shed a tear. A happy tear, cause I got something I never thought I would wish for.
 mjinict
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:31:40 AM
Yes, my patience paid off and got my engagement ring! After over 3 years and being vilified in the forums (bluemoon aka Welsh 474) going on about how I was an idiot wasting my time with a man with financial security and no kids or grand kids. Well, look whose still here looking and still being nasty.
 Walts
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:43:06 AM
^^^^ Now THERE is the Christmas spirit some live and breath!!!!!!

Supposedly a very happy moment in someone's life and yet, vindictive, nasty and really, just more biatching comes into play. Do ya feel the love?????
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?