Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship advice needed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
Relationship advice neededPage 1 of 1    
Yes, based on your side of the story alone, kick him to the curb.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 3
Relationship advice needed
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:12:05 PM
Ewwww, yeah sorry, I just got an image of what your boyfriend probably is.

Yeah, uh.

Sounds like your dating a grown up kid. Or wait, um... a stagnated adult grown more by lethargic process of age, than by any useful experience whatsoever.

You're dating a loser who still plays video games out of his moms house. Does his mom still wipe him too?

That's like one of those situations where a kid gets coddled too much, I bet her met you online too? He do all his shopping online?

Hah... I kid... sort of

It sounds like his life is over, but help yourself, yours doesn't have to be.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:27:56 PM
"He is addicted to his computer and online gaming"

Game over. You two dont have a relationship. It's just you, standing around while he plays WoW.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:32:43 PM
Kryssielee.

You deserve so much better.

My advice if you were my niece....

Move out of there and get your own life.
If necessary move back in with your mum.
Go to TAFE or do a course to help you to get a job and a career so you can support yourself.

You are a wonderful young woman and deserve better.
Great time for a New Year Resolution.

Go get it!!!
 DietFree
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 8:13:59 PM
Chalk it up as a bad experience and move out. There's no way that he's going to move out (he probably lives in the basement).

Dump him. You now know what he's like. Do you really want that for the rest of your life?
 petula1908
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/26/2014 8:22:07 PM
The guy is a chronic gambler, living with his mother and really has no future I would say. It was exciting when it was all long distance and you only saw each other rarely but now you know who he really is. No future there for you at all.
I imagine he doesn't have a real job? Does not talk about a future together? I would be moving back home before a baby comes along and you have an immature addict as the father. He will not change unless he admits he has a problem and gets into rehab but that is unlikely to happen.

Go back home, chalk it up to experience, get your life together and become independent. You are wasting your time with him. You will get over any love feelings you have and especially as he neglects you. Love has to be a two way street. What is it exactly that you love about him? It may just be an infatuation and lust.
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 9:26:03 PM
You are only 20 and have been sort of seeing this guy for 3 years, the last year you moved into his parent's house and it's not going well? It sounds like both of you are immature, too young to be playing house and should be living on your own or you need to move back to your mom's house. This is not going to get better, his parents must love having you live there and fighting with their son all the time, how do you stand this life? You made a mistake, you barely knew this boy, and you make a bigger mistake moving into his parents' house. For a year you've seen him as he really is, you don't like him as he really is and I have no idea what you think is going to happen. My advice, stop blaming him for being who he is and move on.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/27/2014 1:04:55 AM
Oh, the trials of being young. I've been where you are.

My advice is that you focus on your education, whatever that may be, to regain your self-confidence, among other practical skills to forge a fulfilling life.

I sense that maybe some counseling from this ordeal will be helpful, as well.

Take care of yourself.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2014 2:49:13 AM
20 yrs old...first relationship.....move on I know the heart ache will be trying but he wants when he wants you.....your both young and imature.....good luck and hope you have a better new year!
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:07:41 AM
This is a shining example why long distance relationships don't work. You don't get to see this person on a day to day basis. When you aren't around all that much it's doable when you get to see them regularly they drive you crazy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:47:37 AM
Let's see, You saw him once or twice a year for two years, and then decided it was a good idea to move in together at his parent's house. So how many days exactly did you two actually spend together-meaning together in person-before deciding it was a good idea to move in with him and his family? Texting doesn't count as time together, contrary to what young people believe. It makes me wonder what his parents thought about the idea, and why they allowed it.

At age 20, you're still fantasizing about having a fairy tale life and the happily ever after Disney script. Then something terrible happened-called real life. Naturally, things were going great at first, during the honeymoon phase, Doesn't any new experience go great at first, when everything is shiny and new? I'm not going to follow in the foot steps of everyone else who are telling you to leave and run back home. You're starting to learn what you can tolerate in a relationship, and this can only be learned by living in the real world for a while, and it it's an on-going process. Next time you get into a relationship (and it sure seems like there will be "next times"), get to know the person first. And that means a lot of face-to-face time, versus a relationship based on texts, like the current situation you're in.
 DameWrite
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 5:56:08 PM
Welcome to the school of hard knocks.

Now, do you want to drag it out? Or, figure why you let yourself get into this mess so it doesn't happen again?

Op, what were you wanting that you thought you couldn't provide for yourself? Whatever that truly is find it yourself, please! (or forever keep looking to men for a life. THEIR LIFE.).

A cousellor may help you figure it out.

TerrieLynnC70
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:51:35 AM
OP, run while you can........this relationship isn't going to go anywhere...............You're only 20..........get your education and establish your career and quit worrying about boys.........and yes, I said boys because at your age that's exactly what they are............
 carolann0308
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:08:47 PM
Welcome to the reality of a long distance online relationship, bet he was a real prince till you moved your stuff in.
No job and your BF that lives with his parents and spends his days gaming? Go home.
You are too old to be living off someone else's parents and too young to be making a major life change. You cannot move forward with no concrete plan. You don't love him, you love what you thought he was.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/29/2014 6:32:00 PM
Krissy--the world is a grand place to be; being alive and young and healthy, even better. I got a feeling that going home, which you should, is going to feel like failure. But it's not: it's claiming who you ARE from circumstance. Learn to take care of yourself, learn to entertain yourself, learn to do what you really most love. That is the magic. And with that magic in your pocket, everything is possible!

Blackwood85
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 7:13:47 PM
I never understood why people ages 17-20 want to settle down and have a serious relationship so fast. It makes no sense, you have your entire life ahead of you don't waste your time with a bum who has nothing going for him right now, you two are obviously are on two different levels. I'm not even going to call him a loser, he's probably only 20 himself and living with his parents and being into games isn't out of the norm.

Truth is you took him out of his comfort zone, he wasn't expecting you to be "so needy" he figured things would remain the status quo and how it would be when you guys were just seeing each other once a year, now you're around all the time and you're just in the way. It won't get better, it'll just get worst. Move out and see what else is out there.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/29/2014 11:14:14 PM

I never understood why people ages 17-20 want to settle down and have a serious relationship so fast. It makes no sense,

In hindsight, prior to the hindsight it makes perfect sense.
 Demidar
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:01:41 PM
I never realized that seeing some one one or two times a year equals a relationship . to me that is just an acquaintance . You never really get to know some one , until you live with them .
 Sashas__Eyes
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/30/2014 4:32:44 PM
Better to cut your losses now before you've wasted half your life in an unhappy, loveless relationship. Seeing him twice a year didn't give you the real picture of what he is really like. Why are you having to live with his parents? If he's mature enough to be in a relationship the he should be able to support himself and live on his own. He hasn't grown up. He don't know how to live on his own so there' s no way he can successfully maintain a relationship.

Run, don't walk!
 rose_chanel
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:26:06 PM
1. Come up with an exit plan.
2. Get out fast!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:02:28 PM
If 2 people can't cohabitate on their own, then they are not ready to cohabitate.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship advice needed