Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's the deal with busty profile pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 1
What's the deal with busty profile pics?Page 1 of 1    
Do women expect to find a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man by posting half-naked pics of themselves or pics that show more cleavage than face? Do women really want a guy who is that superficial? What's up with that?!?
 kj521
Msg: 2
What's the deal with busty profile pics?
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:05:12 PM
Why don't you ask them? :D
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:06:51 PM
I guess being in their church clothes couldn't entice anyone, desperate times call for desperate measures
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:09:07 PM

Last time I did, I got reported and banned for a month. :o)
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:16:46 PM
I tried to do that but then my computer pointed and laughed at me, so I didn't.

I guess people try to show off/sell what they think is their best asset/attention getter. For me I unfortunately have no boobs and a flat ass and the legs of a chewed up log. So I smile a lot.
 kj521
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:18:00 PM
Well.....I can't help you then cause Kj here doesn't have much cleavage to speak of!

But maybe if I did.....who knows? I might take pics of them and display that cleavage unabashedly. ;)

But here is a simple solution.....if you don't like it.....don't look.
 DietFree
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:42:17 PM

Last time I did, I got reported and banned for a month. :o)

Ohhh-kay....what did you ask? Was it "are they real?", "you got big ones...can I see more?",.........
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 2:31:18 PM
Well I've had a whole lot of cleavage through much of my life, and now have none. For me, I don't think you should prominently show off an asset unless that asset is up for grabs, on the other hand having cleavage is something that naturally happens, even some men have it, and there's butt cleavage that lots of men have...anyway, my personal opinion is that if you don't want men to pay attention to it and comment on it, don't toss it out there. If your cleavage is just in it's natural place in an outfit, than you are posing it as a highlight of what you are offering, but when you arch your back, show photos that leave no guesswork, then don't whine about men thinking you are offering them what you are thrusting toward them. Some camera angles are so weirdly positioned just to get that cleavage in the shot, that it's pretty obvious that a women is using sex to get attention, don't then play innocent.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:04:49 PM

Well I've had a whole lot of cleavage through much of my life, and now have none. For me, I don't think you should prominently show off an asset unless that asset is up for grabs, on the other hand having cleavage is something that naturally happens, even some men have it, and there's butt cleavage that lots of men have...anyway, my personal opinion is that if you don't want men to pay attention to it and comment on it, don't toss it out there. If your cleavage is just in it's natural place in an outfit, than you are posing it as a highlight of what you are offering, but when you arch your back, show photos that leave no guesswork, then don't whine about men thinking you are offering them what you are thrusting toward them. Some camera angles are so weirdly positioned just to get that cleavage in the shot, that it's pretty obvious that a women is using sex to get attention, don't then play innocent.

This lady here ^^^. I've learned a lot from her lurking around here.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:11:57 PM
Sometimes the bust is almost impossible to hide.

I had a photo on here wearing a one piece swimsuit and a sarong.
A male pen pal on here had told me that I needed to change my advertising.
So we attempted an international experiment. He was in the USA.
Within an hour I had over 70 inappropriate mammary comments and offers of what these men wanted to do with them.

Making comments about any body part of a woman you do not know is not wise.

The opposite extreme is what I have now.
Neck to knee in a church.
Still get the inappropriate comments. Just not as many.

So some women, me included, try different bait to try and catch a good fish.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:18:45 PM

Do women expect to find a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man by posting half-naked pics of themselves or pics that show more cleavage than face? Do women really want a guy who is that superficial? What's up with that?!?

Alternate answer:

some women actually do want to be sexually desirable to a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man. They know that at least SOME of us mature, serious, relationship-oriented men, do really like sex a lot, so they present themselves as sexual beings...knowing well that they have the power to turn away the immature,cheeky, just-want-to-hit-it-and-quit-it men.

I figure if they want to sort us out that way, whatever. Me personally, I want a hot-to-trot woman who seriously thinks I'm wonderful enough to have serious discussions, and mutually deal with the ups and downs of life together, AND run around the house and garden making chipmunk noises on occasion.
 kj521
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:20:54 PM
Igor......

Love your answer and can not for the life of me figure out why you are single! :)
 jessebunnies
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:36:53 PM

some women actually do want to be sexually desirable to a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man. They know that at least SOME of us mature, serious, relationship-oriented men, do really like sex a lot, so they present themselves as sexual beings...knowing well that they have the power to turn away the immature,cheeky, just-want-to-hit-it-and-quit-it men.

I absolutely agree. When did attracting mature men become associated with not showing cleavage, azz or a beautiful face? Personally I think men (yes mature men) like women who likes sex is confident in her body and knows how to use/show it.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/30/2014 4:18:20 PM

Do women expect to find a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man by posting half-naked pics of themselves or pics that show more cleavage than face?Do women really want a guy who is that superficial? What's up with that?!?

I think a better question would be; Do women really buy the whole "I think t*ts are bad" act?

Or do they see it as another whinny nice guy thread?
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/30/2014 4:52:08 PM
They're using the adage that sex sells, in order to stand out from a plethora of profiles. And they must enjoy the attention.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:13:28 PM

Or do they see it as another whinny nice guy thread?

Yes.
 petula1908
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:53:19 PM
Most of these women that are appearing half naked are only playing games is my bet. If you ever got to the stage of asking them for a physical meet, more than likely they would flake. I imagine you are talking about younger women anyway. As for showing some cleavage, nothing wrong with that, women get far more attention and responses with a bit of sex appeal. How a man responds to those images is down to him. Blaming a woman for a man's sleazy reaction is just chauvinistic and narrow minded. It doesn't take much for many men to start talking sex regardless of the pics and conversation.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2014 10:38:26 PM
Showing more cleavage than face IS going a bit too far, in my opinion. Showing just a hint of cleavage can still be tasteful if done right. I think for many older women, less is more. What man wants to look at old, spotted, sun-damaged d├ęcolletage?
 OtisGreening
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:08:29 PM

What man wants to look at old, spotted, sun-damaged d├ęcolletage?

Men who like breasts, lol.
 SHS24
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:33:51 AM

Do women expect to find a mature, serious, relationship-oriented man by posting half-naked pics of themselves or pics that show more cleavage than face?

Yes.

That wraps this up.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's the deal with busty profile pics?