Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > a little help please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 1
a little help please Page 1 of 1    
So I have been on here for a while and I've gotten maybe two responses.... I don't know what I am doing wrong.. I'll send a message saying hi and try and start a conversation but I'm never replied to... Is my profile maybe?
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 6:24:20 PM
Hi OP, your profile certainly isn't helping you.

For starters it has no personality, then you go into the cuddles and ONS stuff.

Have you seen the profile tips at the top of the page in green?

Happy New Year

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:02:18 PM

So I have been on here for a while and I've gotten maybe two responses.... I don't know what I am doing wrong.. I'll send a message saying hi and try and start a conversation but I'm never replied to... Is my profile maybe?

It is definitely your profile. And your photos. And your expectations.

The first thing you need to do is post a main photo of you from the shoulders up, smiling, no sunglasses or hat/cap. If you are going to take a selfie, make sure it's not in your bathroom. Good lighting/outdoors works well.

Other than running around in the bush getting dirty, it really doesn't tell too much about you. You must have something else to say. As already suggested, read the profile writing tips, have another think on it, and post back to this same thread when you're ready for feedback.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 4
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:03:53 PM
So I made some changes following the tips post. I deff think they'll help... Is there anything else that doesn't work in my profile?
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:04:53 PM
That was the updated version? Oh dear...
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 6
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:29:39 PM
I haven't done a picture yet just had wisdom teeth pu
Pulled
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 7
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:55:42 PM

Funny,kind,smart,creative, outgoing

You read the profile tips and THAT was what you learned? Seriously OP, if you have some kind of a learning disability I will be glad to try to help you through this. If you are just lazy and self entitled though good luck, I have better things to do.
 petula1908
Msg: 8
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 9:32:22 PM
You smoke for one thing and the other, well. it would be politically incorrect to say. However I will play along and say that you do need smiling full length shots. Don't have any expectations in this huge ocean full of male fish and you wont be disappointed.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 9
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 10:05:45 PM
Actually I have AD HD writing is not one of my strong suites great with numbers though I gotta take more time to do more editing obviously it's not there yet
 CTRLvector
Msg: 10
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 10:07:50 PM
Photos suck
Profile sucks
And you're not athletic, you're wiry at best.
Nobody who is athletic in constant practice follows up by smoking a lot. That doesn't work.

Vague, uninspired, pictures are bad for obvious reasons.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 11
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 10:33:30 PM
No please go right ahead and say it I want honesty so I can succeed.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 12
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:10:39 PM
You don't have a graduate degree. Graduate degree doesn't mean you graduated with a certification and now are able to slam a wrench into automotive engines - or whatever it is you people do all day.

The write up is pretty book-report typical of the no-draw nothing interesting to say kind of situation of simply providing a list of you.

You have to describe yourself, using example, not words in place of example.

When a storyteller tells a story, do they just list the qualities they think a character in that story exhibits? Or are they required to detail?

So yeah detail, and don't fabricate - ill let you slide on the graduate degree thing, just kidding lol as if I have any place to infer superiority

You have to make a better attempt, be honest with your body type and explain, don't list.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 13
a little help please
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:20:29 PM
Okay I get it i need context basically
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 14
a little help please
Posted: 1/2/2015 3:48:44 AM
OP, it might help you understand if you go read my profile as just one example of how to describe yourself, read some other regular reviewers here as well.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 15
a little help please
Posted: 1/4/2015 10:57:53 PM
Hi so I made a lot of changes can someone tell me if it's any better?
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 16
a little help please
Posted: 1/5/2015 3:57:38 AM
Hi Eric, too redundant and too much cliche, sentence structure is poor, lacks personality for both you and the woman you seek.

Have you read those profile tips?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 17
a little help please
Posted: 1/5/2015 4:50:12 AM
I would strongly suggest you visit Purdue OWL (online, of course), and go through the grammar basics. I believe their worksheets are printable. It's a matter of practice, but where as you have a specific diagnosis, you might need to contract the assistance of a proper tutor who is trained and skilled with individuals with your specific diagnosis.

Your lack of an understandable profile is going to hinder your chances of meeting somebody, considerably. Your main photo is the first thing somebody sees in the searches, and it has to be one that is appealing.
 XJmaniac242
Msg: 18
a little help please
Posted: 1/6/2015 9:00:28 PM
I made alot grammatical changes.... i hope. I'd like to thank everyone for giving me the advice they have given me. Someone mentioned earlier that I need a better picture I have tried I just seem to have difficulty posing for the camera and appearing natural. Honestly I am a horrible picture taker. It probably would help though if I took a picture outdoors when it is bright and nice out.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 19
view profile
History
a little help please
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:04:30 AM
I feel like you should be meeting girls offline instead of pinning your hopes on this wasteland. You're 21. Life is good right now. You've got all your buddies. Nobody's buried under a ton of responsibilities. You guys can go out and raise h-ll whenever you want and that is a precious thing. Go to parties. Crash parties. Throw parties. Expand your social circle. Make friends with friends of friends. You get yourself out there enough, someone's going to notice. Don't let this be a crutch. There's more disappointment on here for guys than there is happiness. On here, they'll say you're too short, but out there, you're a whole person instead of a stat on a screen. Stick with the real world. Keep your profile up just to have it there, but don't wait around for messages. You've got more fun things to do with your time.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 20
a little help please
Posted: 1/7/2015 1:33:50 AM

Honestly I am a horrible picture taker. It probably would help though if I took a picture outdoors when it is bright and nice out.

"I'm sure he's a really nice interesting good looking guy, he just doesn't take good pics" - said NO-ONE EVER. Excuses for bad pics will get you exactly nowhere. If you don't have good pics you will never have success here.

Yes getting outdoors in good lighting is probably one of the best things you can do to help. Keep the hat off, and SMILE!

You have quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes. Whether, not weather. it's not its. Capital I. This is basic stuff and having this kind of errors makes you seem low intelligence.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > a little help please