Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are you attracted to 'Crazy'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OtisGreening
Msg: 1
Are you attracted to 'Crazy'?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hello all, do you find yourself attracted to and subsequently dating people who are a bit 'off'? Of course, no one is going to admit that they like a "crazy person", especially if someone they are fond of. Instead, such adjectives such as "quirky", "offbeat", "eccentric", etc may be used but yeah....if you think about your dating history, do you subconsciously like weirdos? Or have they been pretty vanilla?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 2
Are you attracted to 'Crazy'?
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:14:11 PM

Of course, no one is going to admit that they like "crazy people", especially if someone they are fond of.

I admit it. It's right there in my interests.

My life experience tells me men love crazy people. Don't ask me to explain.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3
or just to "hot", who also may just happen to be "crazy"
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:17:08 PM
Sometimes, we overlook a little crazy b/c the person is just such a hottie. And at the beginning of the relationship, "crazy" is energetic and exciting. Until it bites us in the ass. Then crazy becomes a bad thing. But until then, the "hyper little purse-size dog" sure gets a lot of love. we confuse "lousy impulse control" as "spontaneous", for example.

Other times, we're just as crazy. Oh, we put on a good act--we have a job, we act in nice, considerate ways (when someone's looking), we dress well (with the aid of a good catalog), we chase the latest fads (as if that means anything, but to people of little substance, its all they have to go on). But put a little stress on us, and the act shatters like glass and we're as nuts as squirrel droppings.

so, we meet someone who equally seems to be like us, and their red flags...gee, look a lot like our's. How can we say their belief system is bad, if we live our life the same way? We think of ourselves as "OK", so we don't see them doing the same thing as "bad".
 JoeBnD
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:17:47 PM
All five were, much the opposite of what my handle might imply, pretty vanilla. My ex just became crazy in mid-life.
 Mentisnow
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:21:58 PM
Nope, I don't date. At least not in 12 years. Would that make me weird, or crazy?
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:23:44 PM
Attracted to crazy?? No way! Well maybe if she's a mute gymnast too
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:39:22 PM
Hello all, do you find yourself attracted to and subsequently dating people who are a bit 'off'?

No.

"Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit".
Desiderata

Usually "crazy" is evinced as loud and unruly in person or in groups. Unless they present a very attractive face, most people will avoid them. Some will try to pretend they don't even exist. That sometimes gets the goat of the habitual loud attention-seeker.

Some people who are simply seeking a roll in the hay may hang around an attractive "crazy" lady for that.

Most experienced men with long-term intentions certainly don't have to tolerate the "Something Wild" act, which is usually a fake facade anyway.

S
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:48:37 PM
OP, please define "crazy" as intended in your post?
 kj521
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:49:03 PM
No......but......I need a lover who won't drive ME crazy! : D
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:50:28 PM
I am certainly not attracted to craziness straight out of the starting gate, of course.
Sometimes people change. Sometimes people who have their lives pretty much buckled-down go off the rails.
One supposes it can inadvertently happen to anyone. I am attracted to a woman who has her life together.
 chameleonf
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:53:58 PM
Being attracted to crazy is much like water seeking it's own level. Nope, not attracted to it. I tend to go for level headed and realistic and get annoyed quickly with "crazy".
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:59:24 PM
Define crazy.

I am an intense person. I am passionate about what I like and pursue. I not only like crazy, I demand crazy.

The important thing is not about dating someone that is crazy, but one that is crazy like you.
 kj521
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:03:38 PM
"Sometimes people who have their lives pretty much buckled-down go off the rails."

Yeah...life's a bitter shame, Eric....if you start to see someone.... going off the rails on a crazy train.....get off! :)
 Walts
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:06:57 PM

OP, please define "crazy" as intended in your post?

Add me to the list of wanting to know what the OP defines as "crazy".

Einstein comes to mind on this one, just for example.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:08:17 PM
Equally as important is if he or she ultimately does become crazed...
Some guy or girl that knows the meaning of a, "Hey hit the highway!"
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:13:46 PM

No.

"Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit".
Desiderata

LONG, what about the "quiet" ones? You know, not those with a high number on that histrionic scale? *wink*
 Demidar
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2015 2:52:51 PM
Attracted to crazy , that is actually funny . I would dump a crazy woman in a heart beat , been there , done that , no thx . Try being with some one diagnosed as psychotic with delusions , you will never do it again , trust me .
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 3:29:51 PM
I am attracted to passionate people. I know that I want to be loved by a passionate person. That makes me susceptible to some kinds of "crazy" people, and I have indeed been severely emotionally injured by more than one. However, I learn as I go, and I at least hope that my next (and hopefully last) mate, will finally be the passionately sane person I have always wanted.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/2/2015 3:54:37 PM
Quirky and weird yes. "Crazy" as in creating drama, irrational, needing medication to control mood swings, game playing BS..absolutely not.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/2/2015 4:40:17 PM
Hello all, do you find yourself attracted to and subsequently dating people who are a bit 'off'?

^^^ As at one time sure, if .....[ they are lonely,horny etc] it was attractive sometimes.... but in real life it usually ended as a FFFF dud.

imo, if your just looking for someone to walk a little on the wild side, ok.....but if your looking for substance & character,. never.
So pick you poison....or pick what might be something a little more.....or keep complaining why you can't.......cheers
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:10:03 PM
At my age, no, absolutely not.

Impulsiveness is good, though, as long as it's not something that can be potentially harmful.

I'm not sure how "crazy" and "vanilla" go together.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:14:19 PM
I agree with VK

Nothing wrong with quirky, eccentric, Outside the box....This is different from crazy as in irresponsible, drama queen, histrionic.

Like all of these questions.. 'It depends'.

At my age I'm not attracted to conservative women with conservative lifestyles... All too 'blah' for me. Any grandmothers with glasses, short hair...click, delete. In contrast an older woman with some zip and sexiness is yummy.
 petula1908
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/2/2015 7:15:44 PM
If you are attracted to "crazy" it is only a projection of yourself. Like attracts like. Eccentric people can be interesting, mentally disturbed, not so much. Some people like to live on the edge and are masochistic or sadistic.
So be it.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/2/2015 10:17:53 PM
As long as it's the happy kind and they have't lost touch with reality (even if they don't particularly like it), I'm cool.
 _shakti_
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/3/2015 2:50:19 AM
Nope, I'm usually the weirdo in the scenario, lol.

I don't tend to care for the word crazy being used colloquially. Especially when guys crack jokes about my career, it definitely falls flat. So yeah, I agree that you could have defined the topic a bit better. Because quirky and weird are light years away from crazy or mentally ill.

People with issues are often drawn to me, and they tend to open up to me quite easily. I do appreciate that, and at times it can lead to a sense of emotional intimacy. Many of my friendships in the past were based on me listening to their problems too, but a person gets tired of doing that at work AND in their personal life.

All of that said, I really like those who aren't afraid to be different. Those who stand out from the crowd some. I need a certain amount of quirkiness in another so that he can understand me. But I have a line. On occasion I have met men weirder than me, and I honestly can't handle it, lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are you attracted to 'Crazy'?