Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HondoGal
Msg: 1
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 1 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The employee was making a delivery in Decatur, Ga., Sunday night when a man approached her vehicle, forcing her onto the ground at gunpoint, according to the DeKalb County Police Department. The woman, who had a gun in her pocket, was able to fire at the man while on the ground -- striking the alleged assailant, identified as 24-year-old Donquaz Stevenson, in the face.

Her family is scared she may lose her job because she was carrying a gun at work, even though the gun may have saved her life. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/papa-john-pizza-stands-by-employee-who-shot-armed-robber-in-self-defense/

I love that this woman fought back although sad that she has to carry in order to deliver a pizza.
Perhaps this is an area wherein deliveries should not occur?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:34:42 PM
HondoGal...good news! The employer has reported the woman's employment is not impacted by this incident.
Donquaz Stevenson is a violent thug who would probably reconsider his life of armed crime, but he is dead already.
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:40:54 PM
What are the chances the next time the robber orders pizza he gets take out.
 HondoGal
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:07:00 AM
“ but he is dead already”

Wish it were so literally, Eric.
Getting shot in the face might change some persons’ minds…but thugs like Donquaz, I don’t think so.

Take out in some neighborhoods…bullet proof glass and no pizza box; just a slot to fit the pizza through.

The thug will probably find a shyster lawyer to sue Papa John’s.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:22:48 AM
Yes, just saw a correction in the news account that I read earlier.
Donquaz Stevenson survived the gunshot from his intended victim.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/17/2015 5:59:52 AM
Been there many times looking for suspects. Dekalb County can be a rough place.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/17/2015 6:12:16 AM
God, even a Pizza Delivery girl feels forced to pack a gun. ..sigh.. What more can you expect from a gun-toting culture.
Likin' the headline.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:39:48 PM
The Myth Behind Defensive Gun Ownership
Guns are more likely to do harm than good.

By EVAN DEFILIPPIS and DEVIN HUGHES

January 14, 2015

...What do these and so many other cases have in common?

They are the byproduct of a tragic myth: that millions of gun owners successfully use their firearms to defend themselves and their families from criminals.

Despite having nearly no academic support in public health literature, this myth is the single largest motivation behind gun ownership. It traces its origin to a two-decade-old series of surveys that, despite being thoroughly repudiated at the time, persists in influencing personal safety decisions and public policy throughout the United States....

Read the rest at -

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/defensive-gun-ownership-myth-114262.html?ml=po#.VLp3uiyGOsg
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/17/2015 1:01:47 PM

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/defensive-gun-ownership-myth-114262.html?ml=po#.VLp3uiyGOsg

Shhh... you are attacking their "leap of faith" with facts and reality... don't you know that will never do...? "Faith" is more important than fact...

Because... as we have all been told before... "perception is reality"... and "faith"... doubly so...
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/17/2015 9:16:32 PM
American obsessionist gun culture is surreal to me. A mother does her shopping at Wal-Mart while unbeknownst to her, her toddler manages to get her gun out of her handbag and tragically shoots her dead... Schools having drills and lockdowns in the event of a crazed random shooter... People proudly showing off guns they got as gifts, while standing next to their Christmas tree, without a care. The list must be endless..
I feel sorry for the citizens forced to live with gun ownership laws they're opposed to.
Frankly, it's pathetic that nothing was learnt from the terrible Sandy Hook atrocity. How can the die-hards be so apathetic to that. Rant for those innocent babies, over.
 HondoGal
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:26:24 AM
What the last three posters will not acknowledge, although I am certain they know better, is that in today’s world the BAD guys will ALWAYS have firearms.

Take the recent attack in France. Had someone in the Charlie Hebdo office been armed perhaps the Islamists would not have been able to murder 12 of them and injure many others. Even the first police officer on the scene may have been unarmed and we saw what happened to him.

In Canada another Islamist murdered a guard holding an unloaded rifle in the Parliament Complex. As soon as the culprit entered his intended destination he was killed; shot by an armed Sergeant at Arms. Fortunately he, unlike the poor guard, did not attend the School of Mayberry Defense Training.

Thankfully the woman in the Pizza incident was armed and not afraid to use her firearm. The scum that attacked this woman figured she was easy pickings; what a surprise the **stard encountered. Unfortunately, he survived.

In Georgia, where Dekalb is located, another town demanded that all citizens be armed; the crime rate and B&Es dropped dramatically.

The most effective defense is a stronger offense.

Every woman should read, “Armed and Female”.

Midnight, good to know that you liked the title.
 cooldog65
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:49:39 AM
This story gives new meaning to the term "pizza face"...

Order delivery...get take(n) out...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:01:41 PM

Take the recent attack in France. Had someone in the Charlie Hebdo office been armed perhaps the Islamists would not have been able to murder 12 of them and injure many others. Even the first police officer on the scene may have been unarmed and we saw what happened to him.

In related news:

Gun Nuts Simulate Paris Shooting, Get Shot By Simulated Terrorists
Adam Weinstein
Thursday 1:32pm

In an attempt to prove that good guys with guns could have altered the dynamics of last week's deadly Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris, a Texas-based pro-gun group reenacted the shooting a dozen times with armed citizens and mostly discovered that armed citizens suck at stopping terrorists.

Dallas CBS affiliate KTVT reported on the backfiring plan by some guys from The Truth About Guns, who put out the call last weekend for "40 warm bodies" to prove "the champions of civilian disarmament" wrong:

Watch video here:

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/gun-nuts-simulate-paris-shooting-get-shot-by-simulated-1679735859/+adamweinstein
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:38:16 PM

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/gun-nuts-simulate-paris-shooting-get-shot-by-simulated-1679735859/+adamweinstein

That was hilarious :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:26:15 PM
I had a feeling this thread would turn into a gun debate. Now I wish I hadn't posted to it. The mandatory DNA thread has been nothing but endless arguing between a small group of posters. I wish I had not posted once there either. This is why I avoid all the political threads.
 HondoGal
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:26:09 PM

Me too.....I say way to go! The thug got a well deserved "special delivery" - - right the the face!! I suspect (at least I hope) there are many pizza delivery drivers out there that ignore that company policy - Cautiousluv

LoL, So good to see a woman fight back. We are often the target of home invaders, car-jackings, rapes, muggings…on and on. Because we are soft targets. Well, a firearm sure evens the playing field doesn’t it?

I had a feeling this thread would turn into a gun debate. ~ Cooldog

I don’t debate with posters nine and ten. Just wanted to enlighten them as to current events that proved an armed person stands a better chance of survival against an armed murderer.

However, my thread is intended to laud the gun carrying pizza delivery gal.
Others may opine that she should just have allowed herself to be victimized.
After all, this is now the new American Way; don’t fight back.
Well, I am happy as hell in seeing a woman fight back with a firearm.

midnite_icecream
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/19/2015 1:32:39 AM
It came to me in a dream last night. Large nasty c0ckroaches crawling about some fishfingers I forgot I left uncovered in a bowl. As a result, I got a sudden fright when preparing my food *thinking* I saw something. But I realized it was the fear, not the fact a c0ckroach was there, that gave me the jitters. If just about anybody is given licence to pack a gun, you gotta be left wondering when walking the streets, who's sane and who isn't...who might end up going on a shooting rampage or whatever.
Concerning Scandanavia, methinks lifestyle and culture likely has more to do with their low crime rate..eg "A government-owned chain of off-licences called Systembolaget is the only retailer allowed to sell drinks that contain more than 3.5 per cent alcohol; it is forbidden from offering cheap deals or selling in bulk and is governed by strict opening hours, which means the shutters go down at 6pm on weekdays and 3pm on Saturdays, and stay shut until Monday morning." Though I'm mystified why they have such high gun ownership.
With the recent craziness of Islamic extremists dominating news around the world, one effect I can see is that women would want to avoid middle eastern men...not trying to overstate the importance of this specifically, merely explaining it as a by-product of fear.
Yeah I didn't really want to make this about a gun debate. Seems theres a few Dirty Harriets around. But I get it. "Take that punk!" is an understandable reaction to the Pizza girls actions. Is fighting fire with fire really the answer. With the right mix (or wrong I should say), it can become an avenue to a more aggressive society.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/19/2015 5:53:44 AM

As a reminder: Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world and yet, virtually no gun crime.

Myth: Switzerland proves that high gun-ownership doesn't increase murder.

Fact: Switzerland also has strict gun control laws.

Summary
Switzerland has compulsory gun ownership for military age males, yet it has a far lower murder rate than the U.S. But Switzerland also has far stricter gun control laws. Even so, Switzerland has the second highest rate of handgun ownership and handgun murders in the industrialized world, after the U.S.

Argument
Switzerland is frequently cited as an example of a country with high gun ownership and a low murder rate. However, Switzerland also has a high degree of gun control, and actually makes a better argument for gun regulation than gun liberalization.

Switzerland keeps only a small standing army, and relies much more heavily on its militia system for national defense. This means that most able-bodied civilian men of military age keep weapons at home in case of a national emergency. These weapons are fully automatic, military assault rifles, and by law they must be kept locked up. Their issue of 72 rounds of ammunition must be sealed, and it is strictly accounted for. This complicates their use for criminal purposes, in that they are difficult to conceal, and their use will be eventually discovered by the authorities.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-switzerland.htm
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:24:48 PM
Strict gun control laws. That would do it. In contrast, one often hears complaints about lax laws in the US. Okay, seems that overall high Swiss gun ownership owes to compulsory ownership of military assault rifles by military age males.. but
the handgun murder rate is still the 2nd highest after the US, correlating with ownership rate..by what margin I guess...still stumped why there's high handgun ownership under strict laws, if they're not illegally obtained.
I like when facts are posted. Food for thought.
In my earlier post, I was talking about an irrational fear activating a person's self-defences.
If everyone around you arms themselves, it can influence you to do the same.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/19/2015 5:52:38 PM
Liberals remain out-of-touch with reality. Wow.
When seconds count, hey, police are only minutes away!

Vicious and crazed Islamic terrorists are poised to attack and Liberals feel an innocent is safer without a firearm handy! Seriously? For real? Liberals are definitely not the kind of people one wants in a deadly situation. Thanks, but I will stick with patriots like Cautiousluv who will join forces to fight and save the lives of innocents.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:16:08 PM

Thanks, but I will stick with patriots like Cautiousluv who will join forces to fight and save the lives of innocents.

I am sure Cautious and Madeline...(oops Hondo) are chomping at the bit to register their first kill.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:24:56 PM
Let's give guns to teachers....how fvcking stupid are you people. My sister went to university and studied hard to be a teacher, a good one, not to be Rambo. I just shake my head at some you fools. The idiot that ranted for weeks about the Ebola crisis and the other dumb ones. Geezus. Scared shit. And while you are busy being Chicken Little, you're probably too chicken shit to go out ...all talk? Pathetic. You want a military state without the military...a bunch of Gomers out there packing guns. How about laws, enforcing them, making them stronger and making the courts follow through on the laws.

And Becky, many police officers that protect your shaved legs daily are...wait for it...liberal too. The same applies to those in the military...some are liberal too. But stupid seems to be an exclusive club for republicans. Becky, you are such a girl, I doubt you could protect anyone, with or without a gun. And how the hell did you go from a gun toting pizza girl to terrorists? You turn everything into a perceived disaster. What a moron.
 cooldog65
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:39:47 PM

I had a feeling this thread would turn into a gun debate.

What does Switzerland and ISIS have to do with a pizza delivery person being robbed in Georgia?

Now that the usual suspects are showing up, I'll exit this thread now. Carry on...:laugh
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:44:28 PM

Posted by Bluemoon24_7:
"...And Becky, many police officers that protect your shaved legs daily are...wait for it...liberal too. The same applies to those in the military...some are liberal too. But stupid seems to be an exclusive club for republicans. Becky, you are such a girl, I doubt you could protect anyone, with or without a gun. And how the hell did you go from a gun toting pizza girl to terrorists? You turn everything into a perceived disaster. What a moron..."

HFX_RGB might not be participating in this thread any longer. Calling him "Becky" won't make him respond any faster.
HFX_RGB made the transition from local criminality to terrorism in Post# 14 on the previous page. HFX_RGB has unusual perspectives on things, yet you should NOT be calling him a moron. He strikes me as an intelligent person.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:57:22 PM
Actually Becky, you turned up quicker than I thought. I may not always agree with HFX but he does seem smarter than you. Now run away like a little girl there Becky...Eric.

It must be horrible living in fear every day.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.