Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please critique my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xSingleSoldierx
Msg: 1
Please critique my profilePage 1 of 1    
Please analyze profile and give some feedback. Pics? Message? I am very confused. I found my last GF on this site years ago. At that time if I sent out 10 messages I would get approx. 5 responses. Out of that 5 I would get 2-3 phone numbers and then 1-2 dates. This site was great! Now, if I send 20 messages I may not get a single response. What has changed? What can I change? Thank you in advance.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Please critique my profile
Posted: 1/24/2015 5:33:29 PM
There isn't much effort put into this profile.
You need better photos. Get outside, wear different clothing, take sharp, bright pictures.
Add more interests, and tell more about yourself in the text.
I don't know what happened years ago but now is now, and you definitely need to get busy.
Good luck.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2015 5:34:14 PM

What has changed?

Actually quite a lot.

While it may be that a profile like this brought you success 4/5 years ago, these days you need to try a little harder. The fact that ever cell phone and laptop now has a very high quality camera attached along with apps like instagram, mean that there is no excuse forlow quality pictures anymore. Your pictures need to be crystal clear, well lit and show you at yoru very best. If they arn't flattering don't post them. And for heavens sake SMILE!

"management" could mean anything from a manager of a mcdonalds, to COE of a fortune 500 company, so which is it?

Fill in the first date section, leaving it blank makes you look lazy.

The same could be said for the rest of your profile:
Interests:
Dining out
Being active
Sporting events

Could these be any vaguer or more generic? You may as well have put "breathing in" and "breathing out"

The body of text is no bad, just again a little bland.
What are you passionate about?
What makes you special and unique?
Why should a woman date you over the millions of other guys on this site?
What attributes do you find attractive in a woman?
What is it like to date you?
What does romance mean for you?

Answer these in your text and you'll be well on your way to a quality profile.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2015 5:46:08 PM
oh and using the username "singlesoldier" is a little disrespectful and and deceitful unless you actually are a solider, in which case, why not put it as your profession?
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/24/2015 6:15:42 PM
"What has changed" is that this site is now available as a free download/app so that any goof can play with it on their cellphone and this means thousands more profiles have been set up for the lookie-loos who have no real interest in meeting anyone but are enjoying the attention, or are using it as a hookup site and pissing off the women who aren't here for that. The sad part is they mess it up for those people that truly do want to meet someone.

If you put up some clear, smiling photos (no bathroom mirror selifes), add some Interests that a female may relate to, add a bit more humour and personality (not to mention PARAGRAPHS) in your profile, you may see better results. You will need a lot of patience, though.

Have a look a the profiles of the people who have replied to you here to see how personality can be shown.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/24/2015 9:56:09 PM

I found my last GF on this site years ago.

This site was great!

What has changed?

The date on the calendar.

Your age.

And the women online.

What can I change?

Time.......... backwards.

2006 was a good year.

Right now is the toughest online dating has been in the last 10 years.
Best realistic advice I can give any guy is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages and hope it starts to get appreciated again like it used to be.

You are not the first guy to come back after being gone in a multi-year relationship and notice the big difference.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:04 PM
Forums_only:

"What has changed" is that this site is now available as a free download/app so that any goof can play with it on their cellphone and this means thousands more profiles have been set up for the lookie-loos who have no real interest in meeting anyone but are enjoying the attention, or are using it as a hookup site and pissing off the women who aren't here for that. The sad part is they mess it up for those people that truly do want to meet someone.

If you put up some clear, smiling photos (no bathroom mirror selifes), add some Interests that a female may relate to, add a bit more humour and personality (not to mention PARAGRAPHS) in your profile, you may see better results. You will need a lot of patience, though.

^^^^ Exactly.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:36:37 PM
I agree with most but disagree with Johnfromsydney...... Hi to a fellow soggy Sydneyite

It is all about the pictures.
Not necessarily looks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Even the most classically beautiful people can take bad photos and the less genetically blessed of us can take good pictures.

John may I use you as an example. Even though you state you are happy with your results.
Of course you are doing well.
You are a handsome, tall and brilliant man.
But you do not smile.
If you added a smile, good posture and confidence to your mix you would be unstoppable.

Both of you are tall, handsome men. Who both need better advertising.
Please heed the advice of people and the tips on here.
Good luck to both of you.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/27/2015 1:13:48 PM

I agree with most but disagree with Johnfromsydney ...
It is all about the pictures.
Not necessarily looks.

Agree with ozsea. Most don't get past the pics. Pics are everything. (You can see from my profile I'm not dating.)

oh and using the username "singlesoldier" is a little disrespectful and and deceitful unless you actually are a solider, in which case, why not put it as your profession?

Scooter usually knows his stuff. I need to know if OP is a soldier before I spend any more time here. Tired of people impersonating Navy Seals, Seal Team 6, and whatnot.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please critique my profile