Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Boring profiles!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Boring profiles!Page 1 of 1    
I'm slightly bemused here as your own profile says likes going to the gym and having a good laugh spiced up with you don;t like TOWIE. What cue would a female grab form that to start a conversation (good start to Sunday morning from me).
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Boring profiles!
Posted: 1/25/2015 2:58:08 AM
Ahhh - didn't spot the interests section - never look there myself. Not that you're bothered i don't want to go to Australia thanks - full of Aussies, spiders and sand from what I hear.

Hopefully someone who knows a bit about this dating lark will pop along in a moment and answer your question properly. I don't bother too much myself as I have enough propositions to cope with anyway, though why most of them are from women in Fishguard and Cardiff heaven knows.

Actually here's a thought. If you've read someone's profile that is because you have been attracted to their photo ne c'est pas? Quite likely therefore that they are a "looker"? There was thread on here recently called "women with a blank about me" http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16317370.aspx where I think the conclusion was that "lookers" don't bother posting much about themselves and at the top of the "lookers" pyramid are the one's who say something like "if you want to know more, just ask". To which the conclusion is that they are looking for a guy who's image fits someone of their perceived station. Ergo you probably don't need to say too much at all because they will judge you by your image first, your job and pay packet next.
 Aggers
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Boring profiles!
Posted: 1/25/2015 3:47:55 AM
This is unusual, because I was thinking the exact same thing as the OP this morning?

Ready, my opinion :- intake of breath.

Some people put up a profile, then just sit back and expect to be "snapped up" lots of them, in both genders. They are using the visible factor to attract attention. So unless you match their visible requirements before any of the other requirements kick-in OP, it has to be a next and move on. Unfortunately this is far too common on all dating sites.

If we all were visibly drop-dead gorgeous and the other sex thought so, all of us would be snapped up quickly, probably and would have no further need for PoF. The only real problem here is that, most of the time, the standard requirements are good-looking, nice, the old on-line dating staple of "genuine & honest" and so-on. The reality is that all those people have usually already met their OH's, either on here or in RL and are not on dating sites as they, probably, had no need for it in the first place? They are taking their OH's for Sunday Lunch, as we speak.

Ice-breakers, now as we all know - Hi, Hello & How are you do not work (we are told) so as you say we need to be inventive and find something from the profile to comment/question. I hear your pain, but just keep knocking until the door opens.

And do not ever forget, on-line dating is only ONE of the tools available to you for meeting people and should never be relied up on. I mean at the end of the day if we all had to rely solely on PoF? Well I'll leave that to Your imagination!!! Lol
 iguanagirl01
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Boring profiles!
Posted: 1/25/2015 4:01:26 AM
I think its a universal problem - some of the mens profiles I've read are boring or they've written "just ask". "Hi how are you?" works, but you should add a bit more. If they say they keep fit maybe ask what they do and add that you go running (or whatever). Failing that ask about holidays they've been on/would like to go on as most people like holidays. Ask what their hometown is like or where they go for a good night out. You have to be inventive when you're not given much to go on!
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 11
Boring profiles!
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:17:42 AM
Profile writing is a chore.
I always read them, in the hope of getting a better idea of the writer.
I'm sure that around 75% never get read - I get mail from people hundreds of miles away
suggesting that we've soo much in common just because they like Bob Marley (!)
POF isn't the only site where folk don't put up pictures or life/body details - I belong
to OKC and they have a good question/answer set to get an idea of match-up - it's incredible
how many customers stop at about nine or less answers..
..when people are that lazy it does,at least, give you an idea of how serious they are.
A profile is your shop window, along with your pics it should at least give something to work with........

GrouchoMinx
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Boring profiles!
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:09:05 PM
Going to change my profile to " fortunate" :-D
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 18
Boring profiles!
Posted: 9/11/2016 12:55:25 PM

A person's profile should be a reflection of themself. If you find their profile boring why are you so keen on messaging them in the first place? -- Angelic Devil

This is one of the most sensible and logical posts I have read.

If it's another of the zillion "Just ask!!!!!!!!!" profiles, or the "I DON'T HAVE MEET MET!!!!!!!!!" headline, or it's empty, or no photograph to work with, or "fill this in later," or the "I'm too busy for this" type, then . . . you click on the next one of the zillion profiles.

I keep clicking.

There's a lot of clicking going on here, and I don't expect to stop. What was that last profile? Oh yes, "Just ask!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And don't forget the exclamation points. They can't get by without them.

- Peter
 billybonds
Msg: 19
Boring profiles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!._
Posted: 9/11/2016 3:01:00 PM
Never ever have I seen a boring profile. For me the best are the ones that put me in the zone. Profiles such as ; staying in going out, I don't meet me , Dvd vhs , favourite me and I'll block you, are riven with shirts and blouses and heels and pants strewn all over the kitchen island work top. Reading these erotic splattered profiles leaves me lying down on my bed exhausted beyond endurance.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Boring profiles!