Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imreallygreat
Msg: 1
profile reviewPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi guys, would really like and appreciate some feed back on my profile, anybody and everybody, male, female, young, old, experienced, un-experienced, the more the merrier, I can take whatever you would like to say to me, good, bad, ugly, down right humiliating, its all a learning experience to me. Thanking you in advance.

I actually showed my profile to a female friend of mine who is now dating one of my friends, me and her a really good friends so we will never date like that, but anyway she said that she quite liked it and would be interested in me, she helped me touch it up here and there and this is pretty much the final result, she even took some of the photos.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
profile review
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:49:36 PM
Where is Banks, ACT?
Your friend's appraisal doesn't help you. Disregard that.
I like pic #4 as your main, it has good graphic appeal. The one you have now is too dark, hard to see your face.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
profile review
Posted: 1/26/2015 9:04:01 PM
You missed the Interests field.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 4
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:46:56 AM
Not taking the time until he returns and tells us where he lives.
 imreallygreat
Msg: 5
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:35:04 PM

Not taking the time until he returns and tells us where he lives

theres no need to be rude like that its been like two days but was feeling happy until i read a comment like that, i didnt know, it seems like some kind of rule that i have to tell you otherwise no one will be happy to talk to me, thats just plain flat really really rude of you,its my first time on a forum and i get a comment like that, it really turns me off straight away
 imreallygreat
Msg: 6
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:35:29 PM

Where is Banks, ACT?
Your friend's appraisal doesn't help you. Disregard that.
I like pic #4 as your main, it has good graphic appeal. The one you have now is too dark, hard to see your face.

Banks ACT is in Canberra which is in the capital of Australia about 3hrs drive from sydney approx population 350,000 so like a big town but not quite a full on big city. why should i disregard my friends apprasial we are good friends and we trust each other?ive read that its suggested for allyour photos especially your main one to have a nice clean shot of your face so no hoodies hats glasses nothing to cover up your head or face because thats what they want to see,but i will try switching it over and see how if it helps they say rotating your main photo is good.and what do you mean by better graphic appeal, does anybody else think the same of this?
 imreallygreat
Msg: 7
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:38:52 PM

You missed the Interests field
.i wrote its something we can both talk about. i thought i covered a lot of it in my profile description so it doesnt make sense to me to repeat it twice. can you make suggestions on how i should do it? they say not to do a list, and make your interest sound interesting so i figured that what i said in my profile description so just repeating myself again. do you mean say it again but say it differently because ill try if that helps
 OtisGreening
Msg: 8
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:40:20 PM
what's up with your headline? the first thing someone sees is negativity on your profile. way to start off on the right foot. if someone has negative stuff on the forefront of their profile, I don't bother to read the rest.
 imreallygreat
Msg: 9
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:53:22 PM
Thanks for the replies a lot of great suggestions i will try and fix. could you give feed back on what you liked or disliked? like "yeah that was good keep that" or "i like the feel of it and the way it comes off" or is it that bad i should just rehash the whole thing? "mate it was terrible and you have serious phychological issues and should just give up now" just be brutely honest with me...anything on the username,tag line,profile description,too long,too short,anything on the photos,what you liked or didnt like,anything on the first date and ultimately would you be interested and wanting to meet me?say you would have to imagine yourself similar age to me and female. rate my profile out of 10, 1 being delete it,10 being your going to have no trouble at all...
 imreallygreat
Msg: 10
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:55:22 PM

what's up with your headline? the first thing someone sees is negativity on your profile. way to start off on the right foot. if someone has negative stuff on the forefront of their profile, I don't bother to read the rest.

thanks ill look at changing it, that was generally my aim, not to be negative but to get people off here and meet in real like in person but i will change it, thanks again :)
 OtisGreening
Msg: 11
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:56:40 PM
I see. Well, there are other ways to articulate that you'd rather meet in person and get to know a woman that way than referring to the site as "crap".

Good luck!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 12
profile review
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:01:53 PM
"Banks ACT is in Canberra" - remember , this is the internet and we are strangers. All I know is what you have put in this profile. I googled Banks ACT and do you know I found? A bunch of stuff about banking. ACT is an abbreviation which strangers to your area do not know.
Your friends like you, that's why you are friends. When they look at your profile they like it too, because they know you and like you. NOBODY on the internet knows you, so if it isn't on this profile then it doesn't exist. YOU have to lay it out for us, we should not have to guess.
As for photos, when women surf profiles the bright smiling faces stand out and are noticed. Look here for some photo tips, and see if your pics look like these: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Photogenic
 imreallygreat
Msg: 13
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:07:06 AM

I see. Well, there are other ways to articulate that you'd rather meet in person and get to know a woman that way than referring to the site as "crap". Good luck!

Thanks for the advise
It should now read imreallygreat:so lets have a great time together
 Ouija2025
Msg: 14
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 5:47:49 AM
I like the one you playing the guitar as the Main.
You need to tidy up the spelling mistakes ( their not there for example) mention who your fav rapper is.
Paragraphs can be your friend :)
Don't like the Q and A.
Speaking of death at the end is a downer.. I'd remove that
Interesting name - is the U silent?
Take care
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 15
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 6:22:06 AM
NouNou:

Not taking the time until he returns and tells us where he lives

theres no need to be rude like that its been like two days but was feeling happy until i read a comment like that, i didnt know, it seems like some kind of rule that i have to tell you otherwise no one will be happy to talk to me, thats just plain flat really really rude of you,its my first time on a forum and i get a comment like that, it really turns me off straight away

NouNou, I wasn't rushing you. We know very little about people who come here and when we can't decipher even their location, it makes some of us not want to take the time to help with your profile. I meant no offense, young man. Every now and then, just every now and then, we get folks here who aren't who they say they are.

Good luck.
 Forums_only
Msg: 16
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 6:54:29 AM

do you mean say it again but say it differently because ill try if that helps

No. I mean list at least 6-8 of your Interests in that field. Once women view your photo and stats, and assume they haven't clicked away yet, they will skim the Interests field to a) see what you may have in common, b) get a sense of your personality and humour, and c) decide if they want to bother reading the rest.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 17
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:03:13 AM
NouNou, I like all of your photos except 5, blue shirt with open collar. I especially like the pic of you up on the roof. That's a shirt as far as that pic is concerned. I usually mark those shirtless pics when I rate images, but keep that pic.

EDIT: One bit of advice: I'd change the user name after you're through with profile review. Or can he change it mid-review?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 18
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:13:58 AM
"Wearing a hoodie in your main picture is not a good idea."
Why not? I like that pic because it has strong visual appeal. it reminds me very much of the cover photo used on a National Geographic Magazine, which is noted for their superb photography. https://louseandflea.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/natgeogirl1.jpg
Also, that pic looks good as a thumb, which is a great quality too.
We all wish we were model-quality handsome or beautiful and can have a flawless headshot with perfect smile as our main image, but I maintain that a visually strong image is just as good if not better. My goal in the main image is to make the casually surfing viewer STOP and open up the profile, to see the rest of your pics. If your other pics are weak then they need to be upgraded, because the viewer loses interest. You need many good photos, not just 1 or 2. Show them your life, show them where you live, what you do, etc., so that they can imagine joining you in that life.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 19
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:30:17 AM

"Wearing a hoodie in your main picture is not a good idea."
Why not?

I like it, too. He needs to keep it.

Angelic Devil is in the UK. They've passed laws on hoodies, haven't they, AD?
 call_me_tater
Msg: 20
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 8:06:04 AM
Hi NouNou,

First off:
Screen name: imreallygreat
Header: so lets have a great time
First line: I'm really great at a hell of a lot of things...
Every sentence in first paragraph starts with "I'm really great".

There's no way I'd respond to you if I was your age. I would assume you have a huge ego.
You might think that having a theme like that is genius; actually it's awful.
Who wants to read that?

There's some humorous content to keep.
Divide those paragraphs more; you have 2 big blocks of text.

Overuse of "I really" everywhere.
Almost every sentence starts with "I".
Everybody wants to be a famous rapper or DJ....

Grammar, spelling, punctuation errors need to be corrected.
So many run on sentences with commas instead of periods or semicolons.

You've already been told to move your interests up to the interest list and delete from text unless you are elaborating on one or two.

Delete that list you think is interesting. It's so not :/.

First date sounds a little creepy. Walking through the trees and walking her to her car sounds like you have 2 options to jump her...jmo.
 tennistown
Msg: 21
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 2:01:15 PM

......appreciate some feed back on my profile,

I'm really great at not doing the house chores

So let me imagine your place......

Overflowing dishes in the kitchen sink
Food gone bad, in your refrigerator.
Bed sheets in desperate need of washing.
Bathroom, shower and toilet disgusting?

Yeah, I can see why your having troubles.
Best to let her find out you're a slob, AFTER
you have a date or two on neutral territory.

It would be really great,
if you removed that particular sentence.
Sounds like you need a maid, instead of a date.
Good luck.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 22
Profile Review
Posted: 1/28/2015 5:43:34 PM
Remove your favorite curse word and the other two that have been truncated with asterisks.

You should not post words in a misspelled, abbreviated or modified form that would normally be detected by the system. This applies to profiles, messages and forum posts. Profane, obscene or otherwise offensive language is expressly forbidden in the POF Terms of Service and Forum Posting Rules.
 imreallygreat
Msg: 23
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 9:10:57 PM

I like the one you playing the guitar as the Main.
You need to tidy up the spelling mistakes ( their not there for example) mention who your fav rapper is.
Paragraphs can be your friend :)
Don't like the Q and A.
Speaking of death at the end is a downer.. I'd remove that
Interesting name - is the U silent?
Take care

Thanks ouija2025. Ill keep all those things you said in mind and make adjustments. Just thought Ild put the Q and A thing in as something different to try and stand out, its actually from James Lipton's Inside the Actors Studio and he asks that at the end to every actor he talks too.

my names pronounced like Noo-Noo or like Nu-Nu hope that helps
 imreallygreat
Msg: 24
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 9:15:03 PM

No. I mean list at least 6-8 of your Interests in that field. Once women view your photo and stats, and assume they haven't clicked away yet, they will skim the Interests field to a) see what you may have in common, b) get a sense of your personality and humour, and c) decide if they want to bother reading the rest.

ohhhhh thanks! that helps heaps! will do that!
 imreallygreat
Msg: 25
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 9:26:03 PM

NouNou, I like all of your photos except 5, blue shirt with open collar. I especially like the pic of you up on the roof. That's a shirt as far as that pic is concerned. I usually mark those shirtless pics when I rate images, but keep that pic.

EDIT: One bit of advice: I'd change the user name after you're through with profile review. Or can he change it mid-review?

Thanks for the compliment CuriousinDB, thats me in an obstacle course race. Why do you want me to change my user name, what other user names can you suggest?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review