Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Required      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Review RequiredPage 1 of 1    
Hi Mike - If you send a message the person sees your thumbnail main photo. If they click it, it means they approve of your looks, at least enough to learn more about you. Then they did read your profile and went no further because they were disappointed.
I would caption your photos and take better, brighter, more appealing photos to replace these. The pics AND the text are here to "attract" a woman. Look critically at every element of your profile, and if that doesn't help to attract a woman, then fix it so it does.
Your physique looks more thin to me, as opposed to athletic.
Good luck.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Review Required
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:21:09 AM
There is a bug so captions are not working right now.
Pictures - a few of you too far away to serve much purpose. Not a fan of group shots on a dating site.
Nice fur babies
A lot of your Interests are solo - I'd add a few couple friendly
Overall the text paints a good picture of you but
I think you overuse some words ( great but one example)
I'd remove the line about someone have to convince you to procreate ( nonono)
It is however a rather flat read - not much passion
Can't say I'm fond of the User name - I was expecting you to be a SHE
I click and read everyone's profile before I even look at their msg btw
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 6
Review Required
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:47:36 AM
You need a better headshot. I would suggest you look into the camera for your main photo.

Take this out. It sounds negative:

but I'd need some convincing about having kids of my own. No dramatic reasons, and if you’re curious then feel free to ask why.

For the first date, I wouldn't be so specific about what the food and beverage choices are going to be. She might prefer something else entirely:

First Date
First date - coffee and cake (or hot chocolate for me, I never grew up in some ways), or a drink.

I would leave this out entirely. It sounds too controlling. Let the lady pick the venue. vvvvvv

Second date - walk with a pub at the end, live music in a beer garden, trip to the Snowdome, or a picnic in the park (depending on the time of year!).
 tennistown
Msg: 8
Review Required
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:11:29 AM

Sometimes it seems to read okay, others it seems a bit flat and boring

I thought it started off well with your "Headline",

RuberyTuesday: Reading this could change your life!

Then I began to read your "About Me" and instantly thought I had been deceived by your headline.

About Mike
I have a habit of seeing pictures of interesting looking places and deciding that I want to go and see them for real. It doesn’t always happen instantly –

Somehow you need to keep your momentum continuing,
and it doesn't, with what you have written initially.

Don't you begin a lecture with a bang.
Get the attention up front and center
where it should be? You might lose some
later on, but I bet you begin with everyone all aboard!
Try to do that here!
Good luck.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 9
Review Required
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:35:41 AM
Mike - getting better but -
that opener is still clumsy - read it aloud to yourself. Is that the first thing you say to a woman you meet in real time you are attracted to?
The string/Michelin/ballet part. At 44 haven't most people done some if not all that list? Now if you had captured unicorns, survived in the Arctic for 30 days clad only in a loin cloth and/or know all the words to the Blackadder theme hey yea!
Mr Tennis is correct, you need to get our attention off the bat.
btw, I saw a picture of a Castle in Germany I would like to see for real :/
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Review Required
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:08:36 PM
I actually enjoyed the profile version you have now. But for the dog thing, I'd have hypothetically messaged you when I was looking.

And I'm a huuuuuge Stones fan, so that was a given.

Nicely done. Now add photos.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 14
Review Required
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:51:32 AM
Right. This was that great profile that was going smoothly.

Wouldn't it be great if you dropped by now and then and reviewed some profiles. We'll save the challenging ones for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Required