Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > No/Little Interest from women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GigabitEthernet
Msg: 1
No/Little Interest from women?Page 1 of 1    
Hey :)

This isn't a profile review request as I have had my profile reviewed and made some changes accordingly. I am curious from a womans perspective however, aside from location and perhaps age, what would turn you off about my profile? For example, is it my height, or my lifestyle, or because I have a daughter, or something else? Just trying an idea as to why I might be unattractive/uninteresting to the opposite sex.

Thanks
 petula1908
Msg: 2
No/Little Interest from women?
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:50:42 PM
You can do something about your weight, but not the height. What can I say?? Having a young child can be a drawback also. However even tall, fit men have trouble on sites like these. So go figure.
 GigabitEthernet
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:09:27 PM
Thanks :) As far as the weight goes, it's genetic. It is what it is and I accept that. I've been close to 200 even back when I was in middle school, been to multiple doctors, had many labs done to check thyroid, testosterone, among other things. My weight is about as controlled as I can get it now, I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day, no soda, salad for lunch every single day, low calorie dressing in a limited amount, B12 to try to boost my metabolism, multi-vitamin everyday, etc. I also used to walk for an hour everyday, never did have an effect. It sucks, but it is what it is. My dad/grandfather were up near 300 most of their lives so mine is very well controlled, at least the best I can.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:42:55 PM
This is THE most posted question by men. It is asked daily. Maybe you can try reading thru some of the recent threads.

No one has ever been able to come up with a "one size fit all solution" for the lack of interest. Because there is none.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2015 4:52:56 PM
Your screen name is bad and your profile is too long winded and boring.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:36:38 PM

what would turn you off about my profile? For example, is it my height, or my lifestyle, or because I have a daughter, or something else?

It could be one or more of those things you mentioned. What type of women are you messaging? I would suggest you focus on women who are similar to you in terms of body type, lifestyle, and parenthood.

Are you contacting women who are single parents themselves, or women without children? If I were a single woman in your age group, I probably wouldn't be interested in a man with a young child.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2015 9:23:24 PM

Your screen name is bad and your profile is too long winded and boring.

^^^^
This is crap. I've seen screen names a hell of a lot worse than yours.....like I don't know.... jukebox cowboy. The only way to change it is to upgrade....not worth it, or delete and start over.

To be frankly honest I don't care if you can write a story like Mark Twain no one is going to read your profile if they are'nt attracted to you PIC. I don't care what anyone here say's, if they aren't attracted to your pic you could have the map to the fountain of youth in your profile and it would go through the ages undiscovered.

Take your child and go to Chuckie Cheeze and places like that where there are likely to be single mothers.
You will stand a better chance than online. Promise
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2015 12:26:00 AM
A screen name is important. More important than what people realize. Someone isn't going to know what "GigabitEthernet" means unless they know about computers. I have tried different screen names and the one I have now is giving me positive results. The choice is yours if you like it, just giving my opinion.

Your pics are good. You look happy and are dressed well and your face can be seen clearly. Don't believe the other males that would say you need to look like a model.

Your profile is too long winded. The ladies don't want a checklist of favorite movies, tv shows, etc.

Write for example "I am passionate about computers and technology and that's why I got into IT. You can say I hold the future in my hands." See how upbeat that sounds.

For the first date just say "walk on the pier" - short and to the point.

People really do read profiles. Never believe what a "crook" says.

Online dating is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes a lot of patience.
 Aradia96
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/30/2015 3:21:02 AM
You are a little big, but it is nothing to worry about if you are active, eat well, are generally healthy and have no underlying conditions - so I would not worry about that.

I think it would be nice if you had some pictures with you wearing more formal clothes, like dress clothes or a suit of some kind. You should also refine your hobbies and activities into a single paragraph. Include what games you play as well, I see no harm in it. Would be nice if you had a separate paragraph describing your personality qualities.

I do think it is important to have a section talking about what you are looking for on the site, in a woman and in a relationship (or what it is you are looking for).

I know that a lot of women would be turned off by the nocturnal sleeping pattern. Something funny I noticed however, is you say you are nocturnal yet you have these pictures of being out at day? Kind of made me laugh. I have a nocturnal sleeping pattern, it is rather bad, makes going out hard. I don't mean, 'late' nights, I mean going to bed at 8-10 am every single day and waking at 7pm-9pm. I obviously need to fix it.

Your first date idea sounds nice and respectful, so don't change that.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:21:33 AM
please head o er to profile review. Even if you don't apply the changes, the insight (reality checks) might be useful to you.
 SHS24
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:41:30 AM

please head o er to profile review. Even if you don't apply the changes, the insight (reality checks) might be useful to you.

WHY on earth would he want advice from a bitter old wench who obviously has man hate issues?
 Ainen
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:53:17 AM
OP wrote in the first post on this thread:

I have had my profile reviewed and made some changes accordingly

A responder wrote:

please head o er to profile review.

D'oh! Even if the OP hadn't explicitly stated he'd already had a profile review, it only takes a few seconds to click the history link and skim the posts to see he's had one.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:03:47 AM

"WHY on earth would he want advice from a bitter old wench who obviously has man hate issues?"

Even though this is a "throwaway" Forum, that type of name-calling is still not allowed.

Post #13 reported to "Report profile" for Forum abuse. Enough of those and the profile goes away. Next?

S
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/30/2015 4:01:27 PM

is it my height,

Maybe.

or my lifestyle,

Maybe.

or because I have a daughter

Maybe.

or something else?

Maybe.

The point is that for some women, it could be any of those, all of those, or the "something else" entirely.

Just trying an idea as to why I might be unattractive/uninteresting to the opposite sex.

That is a reasonable enough curiosity.

People can find ANY reason, logical or illogical, to pass on another person's profile, and they do, no matter how good or bad the profile may read, or how appealing the information is.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/30/2015 6:12:05 PM

I am curious from a womans perspective however, aside from location and perhaps age, what would turn you off about my profile?

They would be the very same things that would turn you off from a females profile.

Those things can be easily grouped together under the title: Things that you do not like.

For example, is it my height, or my lifestyle, or because I have a daughter, or something else?

It is everything and none of it is in your control.

Because you can not control who is attracted to you, anymore that someone can change who you are attracted to.

Just trying an idea as to why I might be unattractive/uninteresting to the opposite sex.

It is because you have gone problem hunting in search of a solution.

Reality is, there are far fewer people who we are going to be a match with then there are ones that are not and that factor is about 1 to 100,000.

Worrying about the 100,000 is going to reduce your chances of finding the 1.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:31:47 AM
Most women want someone fun to be around ( I don't mean the 3 stooges or gaming).
Lets say it "genetic".
Men that we can laugh and have a good time with and you don't sound like sticks in the mud, will get you a lot further imo.

It is what it is

There is someone out there for you.
Look at profiles of women that like to stay home, want or have very young kids, gaming, overweight but cant do anything about it (aka very average )or get a few new"out of the house interests" and change your food choices.( if you care or think it will help you in dating) It will more likely than not.
Walking is good for you regardless, but 10 miles a day wont make a large person slim without a dramatic change in food choices.
The not sounding fun, would turn me away unless you looked like Orlando Bloom or a young Steve Perry and then we both know that would last about 3 months and the boring would set in over the hot factor.

You are eating all wrong to lose.Calories smallories. I would starve and be a grump eating salads and 1200-1500 cals a day. Good grief, I wouldn't be fun either.
Cant imagine a male weighing what you do eating that little and not wanting to shoot someone.
You should hit the health forums and thread search if that is a concern for you and you want to change.
Its what you eat, not the calories.
I dont mind a bit of pudge, but to blame it on something genetic and hear how little/wrong you eat..Its not doing you any favors to let you keep thinking that .
You could be *starving yourself big*

Low cal, diet labels, all those things are gimmicks.
 3rdmediumfish
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:14:28 PM
GigabitEthernet being a problem for a profile name?
Not a romantic title.
Not a machismo title.
Not an adventurous title.
Not a philosophical title.
Not a dramatic title.
Not a profound title.
Not a passionate title.
Not a proud title.
Not a courageous title.
Not an ingenius title.
Not a soulful title.
Not a artful title.
Not a mysterious title.
Not an interesting title.
Not a wise title.
Not a creative title.
Not an intelligent title.

Then again

GigabitEthernet
As far as the weight goes, it's genetic

. . . .maybe what Kentish-Man said?
 3rdmediumfish
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:21:49 PM
I can't seem to locate "There are zero intelligent women: Part:2" ?

And actually MoonCanvas, you need to shave your head military style and loose the beard.
And pictures of you in the bathroom has to stop.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:26:41 PM
Oh brother... another faceless troll has appeared. And it's "lose", not "loose".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > No/Little Interest from women?