Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 1
Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationshipPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Remember: All of us have not been here for years.
This is not a judgment. I just wonder and I am sure that others wonder
I hope to be too busy or not interested if I ever find a match.
Just wondering
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 2
Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:37:21 PM
( Low deep voice ) You are doomed to become a Forumite for life... Resistance is futile.

Like some of us veterans here.
This Forum has been very educational and entertaining over the years, and it is always here for some mostly light vicarious entertainment.

Warning warning Will Robinson! The almost instant feedback from some few worthy worldwide Forum veterans can become addicting.

S
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:37:39 PM
My reason for remaining here is primarily for entertainment.
I have had a girlfriend for the vast majority of the time that I have been on POF.
One of the very best relationships I ever had was found via this site.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:46:04 PM
I an here 4 the forums & I also email back & forth w/ some people.

No big mystery.

:0D
 CharminC
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:56:43 PM
( Low deep voice ) You are doomed to become a Forumite for life... Resistance is futile.

I do not have a relationship but I have fallen victim to the above statement
 petula1908
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:59:09 PM
Like others have said the forums are entertaining, informative and addictive. We have to put up some kind of profile in order to participate in the forums and if you look closely you will see that there are disclaimers on a lot of those profiles when the members are not looking, orthey are in a relationship. I would only have a problem if I were seeing somebody regularly and they had the still looking for a relationship status on their profiles here.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:09:48 PM
i don't state my true relationship status, just here for the forums so I don't have a need.

Angel...hubba hubba. Cute looking dude you have there. :-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:20:50 PM
Petula1908...one thing to keep in mind is the extraordinarily fragile POF website programming.
For example, my profile is in "hidden" status and has not had any modifications or changes for years.

If I went in to change my relationship status, it would then prompt me for the silly *ambition* questions and *also* render my profile visible to singles. As it stands, the only people who can see me now are fellow Forumites here.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:48:42 PM
I've been too ill to do any dating for some time now, but I love the forums. If I was dating someone, I'd still be here because I love the forums. There used to be all kinds of good message boards online but most have gone away or trolls ruined them, and POF has the best one I've found in the last few years, but alas, it seems to not have anyone monitoring it lately. The fact that this message board is part of a dating site doesn't mean, to me, that someone here who is in a relationship is trying to cheat or looking for better, etc.
 Demidar
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:55:43 PM
Any person , male or female , who even tolerates their s/o interacting on a dating site for singles in any form must have very low standards . Either that or the person is interacting on a dating site for singles behind their s/o's back . I wouldn't have any issue deleting my account if I got involved with some one and any one who says they will keep theirs just in case , has already planned their failure .
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:03:08 PM
Dayna, we DO have moderators and we've been busy working with them to eliminate alot of the recent BS. You'll notice "blueguy" is gone, and the pinheads who were repeatedly posting the same misogynistic bashing rhetoric over on "Ask A Girl" are all silent.

Monitoring this crap will be on ongoing thing.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:13:24 PM
You can still report a profile on their profile page...Report Profile. This Is probably how blue guy was nuked and awesomefiftyguy .
 Demidar
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:13:30 PM
" misogynistic bashing rhetoric " that is rhetoric used by misandric feminists that also need to be removed . To be honest , I think online dating has cured me of any desire for a relationship .
to msg 14 , Do you think it really matters to me sir :)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:21:01 PM
Let's play nice. Don't want to lose a valued poster now do we?
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:26:30 PM
I think he's just flirting with me. :D
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:35:53 PM

Do you think it really matters to me sir :)

I'm sure it doesn't. Which makes me wonder why you even post in the forums. You bash women continually, you have little regard for their opinions or thoughts. You constantly rant about women taking men for "all" they've got.

I just truly don't understand your unending desire to provoke and flame in 99% of your posts. Unless you have some rationale no one else is privy too. I dunno....good luck to you though.
 mike11091
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:27:58 PM
Personally, I'm a member of several forums.

I kind of feel like forums are my way of staying up to date with things I don't deal with on a daily basis.

Otherwise, I do enjoy whiskey whilst I read the arguments.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:43:20 PM

My reason for remaining here is primarily for entertainment.

LOL, NOT that I think it's anyone else's business, but,..........I agree with eric.

When I get home from work around 2:30 AM, I raid the frig/pantry and sit down with my laptop, to read the Forums. After I have left my 2 cents worth, I crawl to bed.
Occasionally, on the weekend, when the weather sucks outside, (a foot or more of snow is predicted, between now and tomorrow night) I sit next to my BF, and again grab the laptop. I read the Forums while my BF looks over once in awhile to read and make comments such as, "Really? Where do these people come up with this stuff?"

My profile is CLEARLY revealing of my relationship status, as well as HIDDEN from searches.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/1/2015 12:16:36 AM
I am single and looking.

When I think I may be in with a chance of a relationship with someone I have met I delete my dating site profiles.

These forums can be addictive.
They are also educational and entertaining.
Even Bluboy and his ilk can be a hoot occasionally.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/1/2015 12:55:26 AM
Why are you here? The couples are here for the same reason.
 Aradia96
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/1/2015 2:55:56 AM
People like to go on the forums

Or they are looking for friends

Or cheating on their partner. I have had a few married men interested in me, so yes.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 4:39:18 AM
It's really bizarre to me that anybody would ask this question in a forum, where, clearly, the only reason to be there is to participate in said forum.

I mean, do people really stop what they enjoy doing just because they're in a relationship now?
 deetristate
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/1/2015 6:03:36 AM

we DO have moderators and we've been busy working with them to eliminate alot of the recent BS. You'll notice "blueguy" is gone, and the pinheads who were repeatedly posting the same misogynistic bashing rhetoric over on "Ask A Girl" are all silent.

Monitoring this crap will be on ongoing thing.

I never understood the whole ?monitoring" and "banning" people on a discussion board. Seems a bit controlling. If the person is insulting or crazy, just ignore them. If it is deleted, no one knows what you are talking about if you call them a jerk. Anyway...
 deetristate
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/1/2015 6:06:20 AM

I think online dating has cured me of any desire for a relationship

I am getting that feeling and it is part of the reason I asked the initial question.
Do men really like women much? Do women not resent men? -
These are the questions that pop into my head when I read a lot of what is posted.
 mjinict
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 6:46:12 AM
I, like Eric found my SO via POF and have my profile hidden. No need to change relationship status if it is hidden from search. My SO doesn't really 'approve' of me still frequenting the forums, so I just kind of keep it to myself.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship