Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > This site... Pfft      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 groveman2015
Msg: 1
This site... Pfft Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This site is one ridiculous mess.

Errors often, problems that nobody here ever seems interested in fixing.

I guess you get what you pay for, and considering it's free, shouldn't be much of a surprise.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 2
This site... Pfft
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:36:42 PM
What errors are you referring to? Whats your issue? We cannot help if we don't know what your problems are. Please elaborate so we can help you.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 3
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/1/2015 2:10:12 AM
Hi, Groveman. I see you have 5 complaints here since December 16.

If you're looking for a job, give it up. I've tried for well over two years. Of course, I have no education, computer skills/tech knowledge or experience. You, on the other hand, seem to have some of those things but I'd say you're a bit lacking in, oh, perhaps charm and social skills.

In fact, in one of your two comments on 12/16, you suggest a mass exodus from POF to get the site owner to see things our way (paraphrasing).

That would have to be quite the mass exodus, my friend, to cause any noticeable difference in the site (and I'm fairly certain even a total mass exodus wouldn't create much difference in the owner's life).

So, good luck with that until your next attention-seeking complaint (no offense/offence).

Have a nice day.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 4
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/1/2015 2:42:52 AM
Dang, too late to edit.

Groveman, your post got me to thinking yet again about this site and your mass exodus suggestion. I've tried to think of a scenario (other than the end of civilization as we know it), that would in effect bring about a total end to POF (ie., no profiles here). I haven't been able to think of one other than a total breakdown of the site's software and I'm relatively certain (with my limited knowledge, you understand) that would be fixable.

Lots of folks state in their profiles as a disclaimer to their involvement in online dating that their friends got them here. That's true in my case; my younger friends eventually convinced me I was totally out of it, "everyone" was on POF. I had no interest and they kept at me. I started asking around. My neighbor on one side was a single, 35-year-old ER doc. He had a profile here. My neighbors on the other side were a married couple who met online, late 60s; they both kept profiles here.

I wasn't interested in dating, so I spent months/a couple years reading all the great stuff that used to be on this site (and following links to countless other sites) on the story of this site and how it was created. Not a whole lotta love out there for a kid who comes out of nowhere, decides around age 23/24 (who cares? I'm bad with numbers) he wants to "chat with some people" and soon never has to work again. Yeah, there's that. I mean, that's the only story out there so I've gone with it. The more I read the more I laughed (and the few taped interviews with the site's creator made it even more entertaining).

You know what? You should post another thread here under the title "Mass Exodus from POF". I'm pretty sure that's a violation of forums rules for broadcasting or billboarding or one of those danged things that are so tedious to keep up with, but I think it will fly here. You'll have some interesting comments.

Sorry, everyone (especially Otto). Not much time for forums yesterday and Groveman spurred my creativity (or lack thereof, whatever; let's face it, I like to run my mouth).
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 5
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/1/2015 6:15:56 AM
^^^ The last time there was anything that remotely resembled a 'mass exodus'
was a couple or three (Otto-help!) years ago, when He decided that 'viewed me'
would be a paid feature - oh dear, that did cause it - word was that around
20,000 users left in about ten days....'viewed me' was quite quickly back
to being a standard part of the free kit.
These days, I don't think anyone would care overmuch.......sad........

irishgirl772
Msg: 6
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:00:13 AM
You are free to delete your profile at any time.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 7
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/2/2015 5:47:39 AM
I agree.
Yes, it's a free site and you get more than what you pay for it, if you try hard, even with the annoying errors.

cheers
 groveman2015
Msg: 8
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/2/2015 9:33:35 AM
thank you Miss. Obvious.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 9
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 7:51:53 AM
Maybe you should ask for a refund.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 10
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 10:13:25 AM
^^^Right. A refund.

And maybe you should stop being sarcastic.

I'm not sure your attitude is adjusted yet.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 11
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 10:19:56 AM

CuriousinDB says...

^^^Right. A refund.

Is there anyone here you don't argue with?

Except me, because I just find you amusing. Even if you really are a guy as some have said.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 12
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 10:37:38 AM

Is there anyone here you don't argue with?

I don't argue with most people here. And I try to keep it to site issues and profile reviews. At least I'm not advertising my new website/forum/whatever and posting inane threads. :))

Except me, because I just find you amusing. Even if you really are a guy as some have said.

Thanks, Kewl. I don't find you amusing very often but I've decided to turn over a new leaf here. I'm trying on "nice". Like me better yet?

I only argue when people obviously are not seeing the flaws in their thinking processes.

EDIT: People think I'm a guy? Who? The same crazy people who constantly post inane threads? I have plenty of local Plentyoffish who can vouch for me. Need some events sponsors' names?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 13
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 10:47:19 AM
Wonderful - we've not had a slanging match forever!
I'm on no-ones side here, but the OP really does need
a swift reality check (my opinion, natch).
This is a (basically) free warts 'n' all site - you either
accept that or kiss off...........

benartflick
Msg: 14
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 12:15:29 PM
DB is a woman and does live in the Daytona Beach area. I saw HER at a POF function a couple of years ago.

Dood - are there any Single's Dances in the Hartford area any more?

Back in the late 80's and early 90's there were plenty.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 15
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 1:05:06 PM
^^^Oh, isn't that nice, Kewl?

I should have thought of you, you party animal. What a night that was, huh? Dancing until dawn and ...

Well, what happens at POF events in DB stays in DB. We're a wild bunch here.
 groveman2015
Msg: 16
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 1:21:54 PM

you aren't capable of saying anything else? I GET IT'S FREE!"
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 17
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 1:32:32 PM
Good - so GO AWAY!
For crissakes, what does it take?
I've survived nearly ten years on here without giving everyone brain-ache...........

groveman2015
Msg: 18
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 1:41:35 PM
not my problem if you're a simpleton.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 19
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 1:48:11 PM
Aaw, and now it's going to try and get personal - come back when you're older sonny..........

CuriousInDB
Msg: 20
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/4/2015 2:16:59 PM
In response to Mark It Up's msg:

groveman2015:

you aren't capable of saying anything else? I GET IT'S FREE!"

Oh, we're capable of saying a lot more. Is that what you seek?

Great. I'll start:

You're a 36-year-old man who seems to have a lack of life seeing as how you post frequent threads here whining and complaining. At 36, your longest relationship is one year. Yikes. What's up with that?

You have one image posted on your profile that is against POF's ToS (the dog pic; user must be in pic). Who's sleeping on that sofa behind the dog? Not really a great background there. Your profile is mediocre or worse. You define yourself when given one choice among quite a few as an "animal lover". Yeah, antisocial types. I stay away from those. Grooveman would have been a much cooler name.

On a thread here posted by another user entitled "hello, your forums software is absolute crap", you posted:

I agree with you, this site has too many problems yet people are suckers and will come to eat it all up.

professionalism is lacking in numerous areas.

Your posts here and your profile do not bring to mind "professionalism". lol

On a thread posted by you today entitled "6's don't get 10's" you posted:

I have noticed for a long time on this website, MEN and WOMEN both are trying to obtain someone from a different class.

6's will never get a 9 or a 10.

and if a 9 or 10 goes for a 6, he/she either has a lot of money or is desperate.

a man or woman who's a 6 will never be realistic, and will always believe they're worth of a 10.

I don't categorize people into "classes" here or anywhere else. I'm aware some folks do. Seems you're unhappy with your dating experience here. Who do you blame for that?

On a post entitled "why am I seeing people in Meet Me that are 2 hours away?" posted by you, you posted:

I don't want to see new people that live 2 hours away from me.

why do I get this every so often? how shoddy is this website? mistakes and problems all the time.

nobody has ever fixed the issue with the my city issue as well.

I guess customer service isn't your biggest concern hey? the all might dollar is.

How many dollars have come out of your pocket for your account here? You're a whiny little ... Sour grapes, my friend. Yeah, not many people do what this site's creator did, but get over it. Only took 2 posts to get you to shut up that time.

On a thread posted by another petulant user on 12/5/2014, you posted:

nothing will ever change unless more people begin the mass exodus out of here.

Hahahaha. You and I have already gone over that, groveman.

I'll leave it at that. You have one other post here, all of them negative.

Your profile sucks. You know where profile review is. I hope.

Don't you see what we all see in you? Self-improvement time, my friend.

Next on the POF AAT?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 21
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/6/2015 6:15:44 AM

I will stop being sarcastic when people stop making sarcasm-worthy threads and comments.
I don't anticipate that happening any time in the near future.
 Ready_For_Love_1953
Msg: 22
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/6/2015 6:32:06 AM
Too true Mark...and it is sooooooo entertaining to see these mental midgets get their comeuppance......although they themselves may not see it, as it's over their heads.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 23
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/7/2015 1:26:16 PM
CuriousInDB:

^^^Right. A refund.

I'm not sure your attitude is adjusted yet.

Mark_It_Up:

I will stop being sarcastic when people stop making sarcasm-worthy threads and comments.

Sorry. I caught that you might think I was referring to you there and couldn't edit that day. No, I was addressing groveman with the sarcasm there and didn't quote his previous post.

Groveman and people like him ... Well, they invite sarcasm. Heck, what fun is it reading these crybabies' threads over and over again, same thing, if we don't have some fun with it? (I only have fun with it if the more gentle version of the PAA doesn't bring results.) Groveman here definitely deserves it.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 24
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/7/2015 4:06:00 PM
..........Are we still wasting time with this pile of cack?
There really must be something more interesting on the board?

groveman2015
Msg: 25
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/7/2015 7:20:34 PM
Why don't you shut up. How dare you criticize my profile, what the **** do you know about good profiles?

And for the record, stupid ugly cow, it's your main picture has to show your face... NOT all pictures muse have a user in the pic.

So go **** yourself
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > This site... Pfft