Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Delete your profile using the cellphone app?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 1
Delete your profile using the cellphone app?Page 1 of 1    
How would one delete their entire profile using the cellphone app?

Is it possible, or do you have to do it on the desktop version?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Delete your profile using the cellphone app?
Posted: 2/3/2015 8:22:08 AM
Perhaps see you later and good luck.
It was enjoyable reading your posts.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/3/2015 8:50:00 AM
^^^Yeah, rock on, Kewl. We've had our laughs but I'm sitting here, thinking of what explanation there is for this thread other than attention-seeking. The majority of folks on POF are using the phone apps exclusively; how hard can it be? Aren't you the guy posting about building websites or something?

Sayonara.

I wish I understood when and why the "Vote to Delete Thread" option appears.

EDIT: How about this idea? Just a guess.

Once the user has had a certain number of threads successfully post because people who care don't log in to vote for deletion, he/she gets a press card, right?
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/3/2015 12:27:52 PM

but I'm sitting here, thinking of what explanation there is for this thread other than attention-seeking.

Wrong again. A friend has the phone app and wants to delete her account, and I deleted the whole app last year because it kinda sucked. I'll just tell her to do it through her laptop.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/3/2015 1:03:37 PM
There are two separate pages of instructions on deleting Android and iPhone profiles right here on POF.

I always search forums/google for info here before I post a thread about it. Consequently, I've never had to post a thread to ask a question when the information was easily available to me. I don't like the limelight, you see.

Have your friend give that a try maybe. You, too.

Happy trails, new forums master.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/3/2015 1:19:28 PM
Whelp, I typed in "Delete iphone" and got one thread, which had nothing to do with what I was looking for.

Happy trails, Joe.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/3/2015 1:38:44 PM

Whelp, I typed in "Delete iphone" and got one thread, which had nothing to do with what I was looking for.

Happy trails, Joe.

Hahahaha. I googled "Happy trails, Joe" and came up with Joe's Online Smoke Shop. Funny, Kewl. lol

I wasn't aware of Joe's. I like to purchase my paraphernalia from local retailers and pay cash. You know, it's bad enough I broadcast it here when there are some real azzhats in my county who'd love to get me on anything because of my big mouth on local affairs.

Rock on, Kewl. I enjoyed that one.

And try googling "deleting POF accounts/profiles on phone apps."

Once again, you're welcome. :))
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/3/2015 1:43:48 PM

Once again, you're welcome. :))

See, over on that other board I can simply "like" this post. ;o)
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/5/2015 5:12:08 AM
^^good riddance
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/5/2015 6:19:19 AM
Looks like that law degree kewl claimed didn't do much to scare POF. They deleted him in spite of his statement that he was not breaking any rules by advertising his new dating forums.

I checked that Monarch site a couple times yesterday and again this morning. As suspected, it is a joke. He is attempting to emulate POF and own and have total control over a site like Markus here. Maybe he should call himself BigFlutterBy or KingBug if and whenever he gets the dating site up and going.

There is one administrator, him, and zero members. There is one thread. The first guest that asked "What the hell is this?", a guest who is obviously kewl trying to fluff the thread, one quest poster who's post is now deleted after identifying kewl (the site administrator)as a pissed off POF member and accused him of starting a site to spite them, one user from this site, POF, as a guest with one post and kewl quickly invited her to "get involved" in creating the dating site, and another user, also listed as guest, that is obviously him posting curiosity so that he, kewl, can answer those questions. This last guest that is kewl pretending to be a guest has posted three or four times and chastises the guest who asked "what the hell is this?" Kewl looks to be too chicken siht to mock the post as himself.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/5/2015 10:16:06 AM

I checked that Monarch site a couple times yesterday and again this morning.

can you share link?
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/5/2015 10:25:04 AM
^^^^ old.free forums.net
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/5/2015 11:04:01 AM
He started a thread "How likely would you be to join a new dating website?" in the dating Experiences board. It was basically yet another thread to poll users as to what they want in a new dating site and dating forum.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16339265.aspx

In post 25 he states he wants to start his own site.
Post 42 he claims to be experienced in running profitable sports card forum and a rock star (or some such dribble) web sites.
In post 64 he states he started a new forum and has a link to it.
From post 66
I'm not doing anything against the letter of the ToS.

It helps when you have a law degree. ;o)
I guess it would have helped if he had a law degree. It surly would have made him aware of the obvious violations he denies.
And finally in his next to last post before being zapped he completely lies and misquotes an article about POF and the owner in an attempt to run down the site.
His last post was a link to the article he referenced.

Yep, that new site will surly put this place out of business!

On his new forum he claims to have left POF, closed the account on his own. Yea, right! If he had the chance he would have continued to push his butterfly palace.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/5/2015 12:18:00 PM
I guess the one that was linked, here, is also gone, too.

Oh, well.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/5/2015 12:21:29 PM
http://old.freeforums.net
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/5/2015 1:11:55 PM
ah, that extra punctuation included in my original attempt tripped me.

Thank you.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/5/2015 1:29:37 PM
Thanks for the link.

I love a good train wreck, and this should be a good one.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/6/2015 5:02:29 AM
It's a little hard to have a train wreck when the rain is someone trying to act like a conductor and an engineer and is standing on a siding and hollering "Over here!! Come over here!! I have the best and newest train around!! I am a world renowned train developer, I swear I am! Come over here and I will get you in a car and take you someplace as soon as I can build some cars, an engine, and get other riders!"

He has to get a train and riders before he can even get the damned thing moving to have a wreck.

I predict the train will never get out of the yard before being left abandoned and empty.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/7/2015 7:08:32 PM

I predict the train will never get out of the yard before being left abandoned and empty.

Total Members: 3
 patty6060
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/24/2018 7:14:50 AM
I want to delete my profile on fish
 ForumLurker
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:54:00 PM
If you cannot or will not take the time to figure out the process to close your profile here is a sure fire alternative:
1) Put a bunch of nude pictures on your profile. (NOT OF YOURSELF – PLEASE!)
2) Go to the Meet Me page and click “YES” on about 100 photos.
3) Open 100 random profiles and send a flirt.

I guarantee your profile won’t be around long after that!
 _tholiån_webmaster
Msg: 22
How to Delete Your Profile
Posted: 5/26/2018 6:21:36 AM
I want to delete my profile...

Click Help at the top of any POF page, including this one. Once you are on the Help page, look for "How do I delete my account" in the 10th paragraph and click the link "Delete account" where it says "Go here Delete account" to get to the delete account page. You will have to be signed into POF to complete the process.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Delete your profile using the cellphone app?