Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 1
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Do you think Plenty of Fish members are a fair representation of the overall population; or do you think Plenty of Fish represents higher incidents of antisocial (criminal) behaviour, mental illness, etc?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 2
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?
Posted: 2/9/2015 2:49:49 PM
It all depends on the quality of the eucalyptus leaves you have available.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/9/2015 2:55:29 PM
Has this turned into a bestiality site?
 petula1908
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/9/2015 2:56:45 PM
That header of yours is rather offputting but you didnt ask for a profile review. Why do you have an Australian native animal when you are in Canada? Just curious. Do you just like the little fellas?
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/9/2015 3:06:57 PM
I do love him! The expression on his face perfectly captures how I feel, most of the time.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2015 3:25:11 PM
^^^^^ He just needs a cig. LOL Sorry I couldn't resist after the last topic...

OT: I think there is a very good cross section of people on here. The good, the bad and the ugly~

LePew
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:08:13 PM

Has this turned into a bestiality site?

Yes. Marcus replaced "Intimate Encounter" with "Beast Encounter", didn't you notice that new option? However, they have to be cute like koalas. But some people mistaken it for going after the fuglies out of losing a bet or something.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:10:52 PM
While I cannot speak for others...boy howdy...did my girlfriend sure hit the jackpot when she met me online!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:26:33 PM
Since I rarely see people out in public having heated debates over a variety of subjects, no.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:48:50 PM
Special like short bus special or
There are no filters so people can be who they want
I like to think I am special, like everyone else
Guessing POF is just like real time, except I can sit and type while wearing leggings and an old T shirt
Oh wait
About the same
Are you looking for special?
 DietFree
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:13:05 PM
Shouldn't the Op be a beaver or a moose, instead of a koala?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:55:47 PM

Do you think Plenty of Fish members are a fair representation of the overall population;.

Yes.

do you think Plenty of Fish represents higher incidents of antisocial (criminal) behaviour, mental illness, etc?

Yes.

The good, the bad and the ugly~

Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach.

koalas

"I hate Qantas".
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:10:30 PM
Are we talking hockey helmet special?
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:21:07 PM
Diet free: Apparently Koala's have sex appeal (see above).

Full Moon: Thank-you for answering my query with some degree of sincerity. Why won't others do the same? Someone actually voted to delete this thread, saying I was "attention seeking". What the monkey?? As if I can control the fact that these things take on an ADD mind of their own. Anyhooo... let's talk about MEEEEE!!
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:29:20 PM
^^^^^
Stick around long enough creepy and you'll discover why they replied the way they did. It has nothing to do with you, it's just the way it works. It's because so many of these people are assholes and bullies disguised as adults. Of course these same people pretend to be nice on occasion. You'll learn which is which as you read the threads.

Enjoy the entertainment here.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:42:54 PM
Yes, I think there is a HUGE amount of anti social loons, goons, players, burn outs, liars, cheats, rouges and abusers. And it's on ALL the sites, not just POF. All the sites have "special people."

I've always spoken out against online dating. Two years of it, and running into the *exact same issues* over and over with people made me close my accounts. And it doesn't matter what site you're on...you see the same people on ALL the sites..the quality does not vary.

Online dating is used alot for people who are looking for a hookup....women looking for a wallet, men looking for a free hooker. I only was lookin' for men, and I can tell ya, from MY experience (others have better experiences, it seems) I could not seem to escape the guys who initially, up front, to the best of my knowledge and judgement, were "OK" guys...reveal themselves to be liars..about their age, marital status (still married/separated but listed as single) several men with herpes, guys who said they were on board with the relationship thing but pressed for sex on the first date, men who's tempers flared up when I turned to look at other people in the restaurant around us..alcoholics, drug addicts, serial daters, men who were broke/heavily in debt, or as it turned out didn't have a car and were dropped off by a friend for the date..guys who pulled out their celphones and started screwing around with it within minutes of sitting down for a meal.

OK...ALL of these things can happen in "real life." Granted. I just found that no matter how much analyzing, guessing, hoping that I would find a *normal relationship ready guy with no STD's or addiction issues* it was going to be impossible.

And these were only the men I had chosen to actually meet..the amount of abusive messages sent to me from guys whom I had *nicely* said no thank you to was to the point that I had to stop replying to people who wrote, for fear of more lectures on how I was a cold fish, hated sex, was ugly and unattractive, etc.

There's a LOAD of burned out, misogynistic opportunists, malcontents, people who seem to have lived their whole lives using people for narcissistic supply..and now, with online dating lining people up like products on a shelf to pick from, the dynamic is even more screwed up than ever.

It's like feeding crazy people pills to make 'em MORE crazy.

Oh, BTW..I never used POF for dates. I am referring to other major sites, but in the end, they are all the same.

Online dating just breeds laziness. People think they can order up perfection. EVERYONE does, not just the men. Men have crazy stories about whackjob women too. Just dial in what you want, like setting a gauge on an appliance, and people think a ready-to-order human is going to pop out and fulfill everything they want.

Ironically, the ones hoping for this have done very little in the way of character growth themselves-selfish, self serving, narcissistic, everything is about me and my needs. And if you dont measure up in any way...they go rushing back home after the date and get back online again. Zero patience, zero sense of being realistic.

Yeah. Pretty sick! :P

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:59:39 PM

Message: Yes, I think there is a HUGE amount of anti social loons, goons, players, burn outs, liars, cheats, rouges and abusers. And it's on ALL the sites, not just POF. All the sites have "special people."

I've always spoken out against online dating. Two years of it, and running into the *exact same issues* over and over with people made me close my accounts. And it doesn't matter what site you're on...you see the same people on ALL the sites..the quality does not vary.

Online dating is used alot for people who are looking for a hookup....women looking for a wallet, men looking for a free hooker. I only was lookin' for men, and I can tell ya, from MY experience (others have better experiences, it seems) I could not seem to escape the guys who initially, up front, to the best of my knowledge and judgement, were "OK" guys...reveal themselves to be liars..about their age, marital status (still married/separated but listed as single) several men with herpes, guys who said they were on board with the relationship thing but pressed for sex on the first date, men who's tempers flared up when I turned to look at other people in the restaurant around us..alcoholics, drug addicts, serial daters, men who were broke/heavily in debt, or as it turned out didn't have a car and were dropped off by a friend for the date..guys who pulled out their celphones and started screwing around with it within minutes of sitting down for a meal.

OK...ALL of these things can happen in "real life." Granted. I just found that no matter how much analyzing, guessing, hoping that I would find a *normal relationship ready guy with no STD's or addiction issues* it was going to be impossible.

And these were only the men I had chosen to actually meet..the amount of abusive messages sent to me from guys whom I had *nicely* said no thank you to was to the point that I had to stop replying to people who wrote, for fear of more lectures on how I was a cold fish, hated sex, was ugly and unattractive, etc.

There's a LOAD of burned out, misogynistic opportunists, malcontents, people who seem to have lived their whole lives using people for narcissistic supply..and now, with online dating lining people up like products on a shelf to pick from, the dynamic is even more screwed up than ever.

It's like feeding crazy people pills to make 'em MORE crazy.

Oh, BTW..I never used POF for dates. I am referring to other major sites, but in the end, they are all the same.

Online dating just breeds laziness. People think they can order up perfection. EVERYONE does, not just the men. Men have crazy stories about whackjob women too. Just dial in what you want, like setting a gauge on an appliance, and people think a ready-to-order human is going to pop out and fulfill everything they want.

Ironically, the ones hoping for this have done very little in the way of character growth themselves-selfish, self serving, narcissistic, everything is about me and my needs. And if you dont measure up in any way...they go rushing back home after the date and get back online again. Zero patience, zero sense of being realistic.

Yeah. Pretty sick! :P

So, do you think online dating is a bad idea?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/9/2015 10:09:57 PM
OP's headline:

I think I might be lost.

Probably not. We all end up here. Hotel California. Haven't you heard? We are all just prisoners here ...
norwegianguy123:

Yes. Marcus replaced "Intimate Encounter" with "Beast Encounter", didn't you notice that new option?

Really? Hahahaha.

It's Markus, Markus. (Just a little OCD here.)
ThePig0fYourDreams:

So, do you think online dating is a bad idea

Only for those who aren't thrill-seekers.

With a user name like that, you need to ask that question?

This is almost as good as jeeves' profile review.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/9/2015 10:30:01 PM

With a user name like that, you need to ask that question?

Yes, I had to ask. I really got the impression she's on the fence about the matter. Didn't you?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/9/2015 10:33:45 PM
^^^Hell, too late to wonder why she posted this. I'm in for the humor.

Idk. I see the date on her profile but ...

Short bus was the first thing I thought. lol

I think we're a little crazier here than average but not much. I mean, it's the nature of the beast.

Love your user name. Really.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/9/2015 10:36:55 PM
My username loves you, too. Really.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/9/2015 11:58:10 PM
Even more interesting is the American Apparel label..Curious...just curious! I use their shirts for my business.
 petula1908
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/9/2015 11:58:30 PM
Just curious why you would associate a koala with Qantas?? And yes, koalas are stoned on eucalyptus leaves pretty much all the time, very boring to watch. They are called bears when they are not. Just some trivia from OZ!!!
 Dee4166
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 12:30:11 AM
I have met just as many fvcked up people IRL as online, no question...Let's not forget, everyone on here is also out there....

For me, it's an alternate way to meet people and I have met mostly normal guys on here, nothing too outrageous.

Actually met MUCH more outrageous IRL, myself....

But everyone has their own experience, and no one person's viewpoint/experience is more right than any other....just one of those things....
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/10/2015 2:24:06 AM
?Special? Yes, No.
From those I have interacted with by messages alone, to those I met face to face, to those who post and/or respond in the Forums, they are no different than the people I met on a day to day encounter while at work or cross paths with in a store.

There are those, I genuinely respect, and admire to those I would cross to the other side of the room to avoid. Those I would seek out to engage in conversation, to those I would have to keep my mouth shut, for fear of saying something I would later, regret.
No different here inside this website than outside in the great big world.
IT/your experience here , who you choose to interact with, is what you want it to be. What you let it to be.
Be your own gatekeeper.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?