Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > image reported isuse      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 welcome2vegas
Msg: 1
image reported isusePage 1 of 1    
I have an old.... Ummm... Let's go with acquaintance, who harasses me on a regular basis. Today, magically, I get a complaint about my now former main image not being a clear face picture even though it was definitely a clear face shot! I just assume it was her bugging me, but I got the "this is your only warning" email from Markus along with it so now I'm concerned that she'll report another and I'll get deleted without warning for something I didn't even do!! :(
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 2
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 3:44:37 PM
If Markus thinks you did it, you did it. Get used to it.

Let's see the compliant former main pic.
 welcome2vegas
Msg: 3
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 3:54:27 PM
I just reuploaded it, not as main this time. Its the one where I'm floating in the water. I'd say it's a pretty clear face shot personally... If I'm mistaken then I apologize!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 4
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:02:37 PM
That is not a clear headshot of your face. You're wearing sunglasses.

Shirtless pics are against site rules. Seems Markus has a thing about them. Take that thing down before your entire account is gone.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 5
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:03:09 PM
Do just what you did, put the picture back up.

If she keeps reporting it, it will be her account that will get deleted.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 6
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:05:50 PM
^^^Why are you confusing what appears to be a new user?

Do what HFX says and your account will be gone.
 welcome2vegas
Msg: 7
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:32:30 PM
I deleted it again... My personal opinions are irrelevant, if you think it's not cool then it's not something I think is worth arguing over by any means. Thanks for the advice. Have a good one!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 8
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:39:51 PM

^^^Why are you confusing what appears to be a new user?

Because when my photos are up I get those emails at least once a month.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 9
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:45:44 PM
^^^It's a shirtless pic.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 10
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:48:41 PM
It would be what ever pic was my main image.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 11
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:43:36 PM

Shirtless pics are against site rules. Seems Markus has a thing about them. Take that thing down before your entire account is gone.

Yes, do what the American Apparel t-shirt tag tells you about pics that are against site rules. :/
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 12
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 6:03:23 PM
^^^Had to happen. You're the first. I've already received mail from forums people asking if anyone here was hassling me about it, so it's okay you have a comment.

It's a shirt. I have ... causes. It's my profile.

Maybe I should change it. It is in violation of the rules. And right after I posted today that I just do what POF tells me now. Hmmm ... That seems ... well, contradictory, doesn't it?

I kinda think that pic might be a good thing for POF though.

I don't know. I thought about it for a while. I wasn't going to post Pic 2 at all (the one of me in the shirt), but I realized I had to post it for some folks to believe that's a POF t shirt tag (yeah, not a lotta love out there for the site owner among some folks).

Do you have an opinion on that? Do you think it's a bad reflection on the site?

Under the circumstances, I just couldn't resist posting it.

Okay. I've made my decision. You're absolutely right, SunshineGirl. I'm switching pics one and 2 out. I hope everyone will be happy with that.

Thanks. I'm changing those two out right now.

Let me know what you think. I did think I could post a different photo for forums but I asked an expert and he said no. I thought I'd read that in forums. Anyone know anything about that?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 13
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/10/2015 6:30:45 PM
Hey, Vegas. What are you doing? Pic 4 is a shirtless pic (and it is terribly unflattering).

Good luck with that.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 14
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:09:12 AM
Rate Images, right. I always forget about that when I see these photo issues here.

Even I've never lost the upload photos thing ... Oh, wait, yeah, that goes with the account. :-/ Not doing those things anymore.

Yeah, vegas still has that shirtless pic posted and he's posted publicly here and wasting people's time. He'll probably eventually have his account deleted.

Vegas, the pic with the dog should be your main. The others are terrible. I'd delete them.

Wait. This isn't profile review.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 15
image reported isuse
Posted: 2/11/2015 11:01:36 AM
^^^Yep. Don't you hate that. I gotta make myself move on.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > image reported isuse