Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Wizard_of_Oz
Msg: 1
Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looserPage 1 of 47    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

Dear users,

You have a charlatan in your midst.
You have a user that is trying to mislead you into believing they are a forum moderator. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There are several things this this charlatan is doing to try to convince you that they are now a POF moderator.

Here is a peak behind the curtain.
See for yourself he is not the wizard he portrays himself to be.

Trick 1. He is making sure his name is showing up daily as he last poster in the volunteer moderator only forum as there is a common misbelieve that only admin and moderators can post to this forum.

Fact 1. Anyone can post to the Volunteer Moderators Only forum.
To achieve the same trickery as this charlatan all you have to do is while logged in to the forums go to:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum96.aspx

And click the new thread button located in the upper left hand corner and start a thread.
Sure, if you post a thread to this forum you will not be able to see it but suddenly your name would appear here as the last person to post in the Volunteer Moderators Only forum:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com

Trick 2. This user is now signing their forum posts.

Fact 2. This is a trick some users have used in the past to try to give their posts a level of authority behind them which in fact the user does not carry. Real moderators use the forum moderator icon. Posers sign their posts. It might seem like a minor trick but forum fools have fallen for less.

Trick 3. User recently returned to the forums and has been telling users he is the next up and coming moderator. He is using his trick 1 to try to back this statement up.

Fact 3. User was banned for life after repeatedly publicly posting private information about other users in the forums. User dumped their original profile and rejoined to get around this ban. The ban was not removed by administration. Anyone can be a stalker and Google search facts from a profile, but it takes a special kind of person to think that information should be posted in the forums. Would POF really select a user to be a moderator that both lacked the respect to live by a ban and/or that committed such acts against other users in the forums?

Trick 4. User is quoting (usually misquoting) rules and posts them in bold trying to hold a false sense of authority.

Fact 4. Any person can post in bold. It does not mean his posts carry more weight than anything else. Just another way this charlatan is trying to stand out.

That leaves 2 questions.

Why would anyone go to such great measures to deceive all of you?

Are you foolish enough to buy the oil this charlatan is trying to sell you?

I hope not!

Just please don’t drink from the poison Welles, I mean wells.
It just isn’t good for you.

Seriously, I know I am not the only one sick of all this crap Steve W. In fact I know I’m not as I am NOT the only one behind this information message.

So why not give us all a break. If you’re not going to respect the rules (ie: banned = banned) then at least just have fun. No need to try to pretend you’re the kinder garden cop or hall monitor.

(PS: For sh1ts and giggles feel free to change the subject header when you respond. I know it really irritates the crap outta Mr. Wannabe and frankly no one in the history of POF admin or mods really ever concerned themselves with this violation).
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 2
Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:50:02 PM
Best not to give that loose Opie TROLL any more attention than necessary to remove her from here AGAIN. Reporting her profile and emailing reports with copies to CSR@POF.com and then ignoring her is the most effective procedure. She seems so obsessed with me, maybe I must look like a god to her... She most likely has no RL attention at all where she lives. Maybe if she practiced being looser... More.
S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:52:28 PM
Awesomefiftyguy is back. Acting like a 12 year old again, seeking attention. Sad and pathetic.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:03:23 AM
^^and like the other socks, it'll be nuked, too.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:18:02 AM
Lost in the matrix but I like the the Wizard. The Wizard speaks a lot of truth. I have a pretty good idea of who the Wizard is.

I see you're still using that S Tall. Funny how you never respond to posts.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:06:03 AM
In this case, I was referring to Awesomefiftysomething.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:48:47 AM
^^^Oh, good. Anything that helps me in the matrix is appreciated.

Glad not-awesomefifty is gone again. Such an annoying, immature nuisance. No redeeming social value whatsoever.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/12/2015 6:25:03 AM
There are both supporters and haters of Tall. Here is my take on the situation of this poster coming back again and bashing him to hell.

I agree that Tall will on occasion makes some good posts and comments... when they are not about the workings and rules of this site.

Most of his posts about the workings and rules of POF are meant to sound like they are knowledgeable and authoritative but in reality are misgivings, misrepresentations, and even misguided. To be honest, some of his comments about how and why this site dose some of what it does, I can't figure where he is coming from. He has a long history and he is sometimes correct and once in a while helpful. Surprising though, for someone who has used the site so much, his "helpful" and admonishing/scolding postings are often flat out incorrect in his comments, assumptions, and presumptions.

I can understand where some see him as trying to appear to be a moderator. He often posts (incorrect/mistaken) answers to questions about site features and issues. He makes authoritative and scolding comments that come off as if is his decision and discretion when the rules have been violated. He often tells posters to stop doing things like he has the power and authority to make those decisions. He makes statements that sound like it is his decision who is breaking the rules and when they get deleted. But, Tall is not alone in pointing out what he feels are violations of posting ethics and rules violations. One of the most common postings here is one poster calling out someone else for harsh posts and rules violations. I just think it is the way Tall makes those type of posts and the incorrect answers, assumptions, and directions. Once again, he makes those statement as if they are authoritative posts.

As to why the OP of these attacks has such hatred towards him only they can say. For me? I usually ignore Tall unless I see one of his incorrect answers and feel it should be corrected. Wrong answers and suggestions are not at all helpful and should be corrected. When I post something wrong I am thankful when someone comes along and corrects it. I would rather have the correction out there than misinformation and have often thanked the person who has corrected me.

Now, as to why Tall keeps making those ghost posts to the Moderators only thread??? It really is strange and only Tall can answer it definitively. I'm just not sure why the originator of the hate spewing posts about it and him has their panties in suck a scrunch and is so upset. Why not create one of these profiles and just make you own posts to that Moderators only board whenever you see his name there???
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be loser
Posted: 2/12/2015 7:48:33 AM
bobby_z_man...

Now, as to why Tall keeps making those ghost posts to the Moderators only thread??? It really is strange and only Tall can answer it definitively.

What is the purpose of that thread? I've seen a couple of other regulars post to it, too.

Is any of the "facts" in the opening post true? If not, wouldn't this be libel/slander?
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/12/2015 7:55:50 AM

as to why Tall keeps making those ghost posts to the Moderators only thread??? It really is strange and only Tall can answer it definitively. I'm just not sure why the originator of the hate spewing posts about it and him has their panties in suck a scrunch and is so upset. Why not create one of these profiles and just make you own posts to that Moderators only board whenever you see his name there???

This is reminding me of the end of a Scooby Doo cartoon where they take off the mask and find out the villian and the victim are .... THE SAME PERSON !!!!

DUN DUN DUN !!!!

Think about it :

You invent someone attacking you and then.... the person is deleted so quickly !!!!

" If I could get rid of " Wizard " so quickly .... YOU could be next ! So BEWARE ! "

People can get away with stuff if it isn't for some "meddling kids " !
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:07:05 AM

"This is reminding me of the end of a Scooby Doo cartoon where they take off the mask and find out the villian and the victim are .... THE SAME PERSON !!!! DUN DUN DUN !!!! Think about it"

Those that can think, usually try not to ASSume that all others are doing exactly what they themselves have done multiple times... Enough attention for the seeker.

Some remember last month...

S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:17:55 AM

Best not to give that loose Opie TROLL any more attention than necessary to remove her from here AGAIN.

Tall, I'd like to know why you call this poster troll "her".

Do you not think this recurring troll is awesomefiftiesguy?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/12/2015 9:17:35 AM
Unsure if this latest Forums poster was AwesomeFiftiesMan, Mr. Yoshi, or someone entirely altogether new.
Mr. Yoshi asked me "why Tall_IQ2 insists on appending a 'hanging S' to the end of every post" that he makes.

I advised him I do not know Tall_IQ2 and completely unaware why he adds the superfluous letter to every post.
Another regular here on the Forums advised the extra consonant letter perhaps represents his first name?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/12/2015 9:32:28 AM
Hmm, everyone has their faults, and some are more weird than others. That covers 99% of all posters.

Anyone that thinks Tall is a MOD can't be helped.

I wonder if posting in the Volunteer Moderators Only forum gets read by POF staff?

But any nonMOD posting in that forum is a little to odd for me to want them to get to know ME better. For me, that is weird enough for to avoid them.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:24:28 AM
Tall, here is a sample of the type of post that causes you grief. Using just the tinniest, little tiny bit of logic blows away this statement as pure fabricated hogwash. I'm not sure why the troll you want reported has singled you out but this type of posting backs up the claims.

Form the thread
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16342462.aspx
Page 3 post 66

Customer service reps at CSR@POF.com have asked for links to that TROLL's posts. She won't be here much longer if enough people report her TROLL profile AGAIN...

S

Why would Customer need to request links to the posts? That tinniest, little tiny bit of logic I mentioned is screaming "They have EVERY SINGLE BIT OF HISTORY FROM EVERY POSTER AT THIER FINGERTIPS!"

Come on Tall. Stick with non-site related comments like dating advice and stop posting fabrications like this and answer why you make those ghost posts and people will stop bashing you for it. (Unless Yoshi comes back and picks up the conversation he was having with kj.)
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:35:43 AM

"Using just the tinniest, little tiny bit of logic blows away this statement as pure fabricated hogwash."

You used to have more credibility here than my other few "friendly" critics. So I will show you this much...

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email POF.com.

In order for us to investigate, please send us the username or web-link of the profile in question.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Regards,

C(rest of name redacted)
POF Team
POF.com

************************"

The best procedure for the long term is NOT to respond to oh so obvious attention-seeking trolls, at all.
Please don't join those few, with unfounded accusations, defamation and tripe.

S
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:55:13 AM
Do you recall a poster with whom you may have had a significant quarrel who might have felt inspired to create subsequent new profiles to carry the disagreement forward? That might provide a potential clue for your research.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:03:30 PM
A couple of long-time common attention-seeking trolls here seem to thrive on ANY bits of attention fed to them by a few on these Forums they may have a long-term "crush" on. I try not to feed them anything anymore, and ignore them unless they start up another virulent troll thread with their new fake profiles. Always have to report those to CSR@POF.com. So that is why they do that, desperate for bits of attention. For some, negative attention is better than none at all. If you saw them, you may understand...

S
 dragonbytes
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:05:37 PM

Do you recall a poster with whom you may have had a significant quarrel who might have felt inspired to create subsequent new profiles to carry the disagreement forward? That might provide a potential clue for your research.

It does seem the troll and tall are locked into flaming each other in different ways.

At least Tall creates the same profile over with the same pics and same age, so I know it's likely still tall. N

I think it would be nice if The_Wizard_of_Oz used the same picture in all of their reincarnations. Then they would be easier to track.

A thought came to me, maybe this is what Buddha meant when speaking about reincarnation? Maybe this is about the Internet, nothing ever dies but does come back in a different form?
 _babblefish
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:48:21 PM

A couple of long-time common attention-seeking trolls here seem to thrive on ANY bits of attention fed to them by a few on these Forums they may have a long-term "crush" on. I try not to feed them anything anymore, and ignore them unless they start up another virulent troll thread with their new fake profiles. Always have to report those to CSR@POF.com. So that is why they do that, desperate for bits of attention. For some, negative attention is better than none at all. If you saw them, you may understand...

S

I'd wipe that spittle off your face and ease back on the ongoing circuitous spiels because all you are doing is feeding your perceived troll/s and you are failing miserably at ignoring, if it's personal, deal with it privately with customer
service instead of trying to garner support from like minded negative attention seeking peeps
 theforumfiend
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:54:06 PM

Lost in the matrix but I like the the Wizard. The Wizard speaks a lot of truth. I have a pretty good idea of who the Wizard is.

After having friends harassed by the Tall one I confess that watching him get so worked up is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. If anyone else knows of Tall's bad behavior I suggest we take his advice and report him to CSR@POF.COM
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:16:16 PM
[" bad behavior I suggest we take his advice and report"]

By all means conjure up some specific false defamation if you can dream some up, instead of "bad behavior". Although best to check your local state laws first... Here in CA that can be a misdemeanor, depending on wording and "intent".

Online here, if you do create defamation for any reason, your main profile can evaporate like some others have.
Just FYI as a reminder, as you should know that by now.

S
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:19:37 PM
Oh grief - does anyone really care about this pile of c*ap - give me strength......how old are you all???????

bobby_z_man
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:32:42 PM
Good grief is right. But not much more to talk about on this forum right now and I am bored.

Tall, I don’t want to get into a pissing contest but the email that you are claiming to have come from POF is not at all what you posted in the thread that I linked to above. From what you originally posted…
Customer service reps at CSR@POF.com have asked for links to that TROLL's posts.
and what you now quote as from the POF email
In order for us to investigate, please send us the username or web-link of the profile in question.
are completely different statements.

The first one I again call hogwash on. I will take back “completely fabricated” and instead call it completely misconstrued and an intentionally misleading hogwash. (Apparently they did contact you, just not what you said they said or requested. Not even close Tall.)

Also, again, I say this type of posting is why more than one person complains about your posting habits. Like I have already stated, I ignore you until you post preposterous statements, misinformation, and your wild/unfounded suppositions that come out of left field.

All I am getting at Tall is if you stop this type of intentional and misleading posting and stop trying to act like the top-cop of POF forums, answer stop advoiding answering fully and truthfully most people will stop calling you out on it.

And something else from your post 19 above
For some, negative attention is better than none at all. If you saw them, you may understand...
Is that a personal attack on someone’s appearance. From the way you scold so many others about statements like that all I can say is shame on you.

In closing, if you think that calling you out and pointing out these truths has damaged my credibility then so be it. But I do it to anyone whenever I spot such tomfoolery. So don’t feel to special because you are the subject this time.

TALL_IQ2
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/12/2015 1:49:20 PM
["But not much more to talk about on this forum right now and I am bored."]

Lots of bored people online in different Forums.
It seems to be a lifestyle now for some terminally bored, to get "creative" and actually dream up several fake profiles to try to stir up contrived Forums/blogs controversy and enliven their boring life. Hope that is not you. Plenty of them to go around on here these days...

I don't share all my emails with anyone, especially online for those few bored souls to try to pick apart. Have enough experience learning about trolls from elsewhere. There is nothing that anyone can do to improve their lives but them.

No amount of debate "wins" anything. It just keeps em coming back, like any addict to meth.

There are other bored souls online that will always engage with the common trolls, they all sometimes roll around in the mud-slinging, but the trolls "like it"... If you continue, do it with them.

S
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser