Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why is the user Tall_IQ pretending to be a moderator?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Wizard_of_Oz
Msg: 1
Why is the user Tall_IQ pretending to be a moderator?Page 1 of 1    
Why is this idiot pretending to be a moderator?

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/user/TALL_IQ2.aspx

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

Dear users,

You have a charlatan in your midst.
You have a user that is trying to mislead you into believing they are a forum moderator. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There are several things this this charlatan is doing to try to convince you that they are now a POF moderator.

Here is a peak behind the curtain.
See for yourself he is not the wizard he portrays himself to be.

Trick 1. He is making sure his name is showing up daily as he last poster in the volunteer moderator only forum as there is a common misbelieve that only admin and moderators can post to this forum.

Fact 1. Anyone can post to the Volunteer Moderators Only forum.
To achieve the same trickery as this charlatan all you have to do is while logged in to the forums go to:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum96.aspx

And click the new thread button located in the upper left hand corner and start a thread.
Sure, if you post a thread to this forum you will not be able to see it but suddenly your name would appear here as the last person to post in the Volunteer Moderators Only forum:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com

Trick 2. This user is now signing their forum posts.

Fact 2. This is a trick some users have used in the past to try to give their posts a level of authority behind them which in fact the user does not carry. Real moderators use the forum moderator icon. Posers sign their posts. It might seem like a minor trick but forum fools have fallen for less.

Trick 3. User recently returned to the forums and has been telling users he is the next up and coming moderator. He is using his trick 1 to try to back this statement up.

Fact 3. User was banned for life after repeatedly publicly posting private information about other users in the forums. User dumped their original profile and rejoined to get around this ban. The ban was not removed by administration. Anyone can be a stalker and Google search facts from a profile, but it takes a special kind of person to think that information should be posted in the forums. Would POF really select a user to be a moderator that both lacked the respect to live by a ban and/or that committed such acts against other users in the forums?

Trick 4. User is quoting (usually misquoting) rules and posts them in bold trying to hold a false sense of authority.

Fact 4. Any person can post in bold. It does not mean his posts carry more weight than anything else. Just another way this charlatan is trying to stand out.

That leaves 2 questions.

Why would anyone go to such great measures to deceive all of you?

Are you foolish enough to buy the oil this charlatan is trying to sell you?

I hope not!

Just please don’t drink from the poison Welles, I mean wells.
It just isn’t good for you.

Seriously, I know I am not the only one sick of all this crap Steve W. In fact I know I’m not as I am NOT the only one behind this information message.

So why not give us all a break. If you’re not going to respect the rules (ie: banned = banned) then at least just have fun. No need to try to pretend you’re the kinder garden cop or hall monitor.

(PS: For sh1ts and giggles feel free to change the subject header when you respond. I know it really irritates the crap outta Mr. Wannabe and frankly no one in the history of POF admin or mods really ever concerned themselves with this violation).
 theforumfiend
Msg: 2
Why is the user Tall_IQ pretending to be a moderator?
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:11:59 PM
I am so gonna tell a certain other poster that you're here. ROFL!!!
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:29:47 PM
[I am so gonna tell a certain other poster that you're here. ROFL!!!]

Best not to give that Opie TROLL any more attention than necessary to remove her from here AGAIN. Reporting her profile and emailing reports with copies to CSR@POF.com and then ignoring her is the most effective procedure. She seems so obsessed with me, maybe I must look like a god to her... Happens to a few women having no attention at all IRL...

S
 ozsealady1
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:31:27 PM
Dear Wizard,

please cease pretending to be from the land of Oz.

Hawaii is a long way from OZ.
Besides the last time I was there you did not even grow your own fresh fruit.

Signed....

The good witch of the great south land.
OZ.
 petula1908
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:31:59 PM
Frankly I dont care and you seriously need to get a life.
 DietFree
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2015 9:00:43 PM
Wiz,
Did Tall reject your advances and you're lashing out?
 irishgirl772
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/11/2015 9:15:04 PM
I wonder which recently deleted user the Wizard is..
 theforumfiend
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/11/2015 9:41:22 PM

Best not to give that Opie TROLL any more attention than necessary to remove her from here AGAIN. Reporting her profile and emailing reports with copies to CSR@POF.com and then ignoring her is the most effective procedure. She seems so obsessed with me, maybe I must look like a god to her... Happens to a few women having no attention at all IRL...

S

Her? In the OP's previous incarnation there was flirting between HIM and a female poster. That female poster is who I emailed.

I do confess to seeing this thread and checking it out only because I am friends with a woman Tall that YOU used to stalk in the forums.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/11/2015 11:23:12 PM
I adore Tall_IQ2.
He is good writer, wise, witty and wonderful.
My hero.
 Aradia96
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/11/2015 11:31:34 PM
I don't see the point of this,

Like are you trying to tell us to not be falsely afraid of the user or what?

I doubt many people are obsessed enough to pay attention to such small things and if they are they are probably an obsessed forum user and know he isn't a mod.

See where I came from I was frequently accused of being a report nick and have TR (top reporter status) which I didn't have but then later on DID have. It was a LOT of work to get but achievable, if you had help of another TR. They would report hundreds and hundreds of spam at the same time and when it went D (down) it counted toward your power. Here normal users can't abuse power and delete posts or reply posts, there they could. There really is nothing to worry about on these forums. On the place I came from there was loads of mini mods/ TRs and they had mini wars, some of which I was included in.

So yeah, chill
 kj521
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/12/2015 2:45:01 AM
The Wizard you say?

Well, I am as confused as a girl can be......first a tumble through Wonderland and now through the Land of Oz!
So be it.....I'll don those ruby red slippers and it is Dorothy.... I now shall be.....

But the question remains....WHO is the Wizard? Man or Myth? Myth or Man?

Hmm. ....perhaps, not a Wizard at all but..... the Tin Man. ;)

Or perhaps, Mr. Yoshi........but who was he before that?
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/12/2015 6:49:06 AM
kj, you sure have a lot of fun with these and I truly enjoyed the conversation between you and Yoshi as long as it lasted. That was one of the most entertaining threads in a long long time.

It appears that the Wizard has once again floated off and away from Oz alone in his balloon to Never Never land. Too bad it was before you could have a conversation with him.

This incarnation of the Tall hater was not nearly as entertaining. Just hatred spewing rants with a total lack of entertainment.

I posted my comments about the wizard's ranting and his/her nemesis Tall on the other thread started with the same posting. (Not so entertaining a post as yours are.)
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16349809.aspx
 kj521
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/12/2015 7:47:07 AM
Z Man...

I do have much fun with these incarnations....I truly cannot help myself!
And I do so apologize if it offends the sensibilities of the sensible.....but sensible I am not.

So it is off to Never Never Land you say?

If true...
then will it be Hook or Peter that comes back to play?

And I?
Never a Wendy....but a Tinkerbell....if I may! ;)
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 7:55:42 AM
theforumfiend...

I do confess to seeing this thread and checking it out only because I am friends with a woman Tall that YOU used to stalk in the forums.

This just got interesting.

Is any of the "facts" in the opening post true? I'm curious.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:44:15 AM
The earlier poster Mr. Yoshi did have an entertaining and unique style of writing.
He asked me why Tall_IQ insisted on appending a "hanging S" to the end of every post.

I advised him I do not know Tall_IQ and unsure why the superfluous letter is added.
Uncertain whether this latest person was the same individual as Mr. Yoshi or not.

Literate_Hiker
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:51:56 AM
eric_summit:

He asked me why Tall_IQ insisted on appending a "hanging S" to the end of every post.
I advised him I do not know Tall_IQ and unsure why the superfluous letter is added.

The "S" stands for "Steve."
That's his first name.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:06:58 AM
^^^^ How ironic. :/

Me too.
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:39:46 AM
Oh so many insiders! LOL Hands up for those totally out of the loop, like me! I don't know about Tall, but what I know of the rules are by reading the rules. I do know there used to be some monitors who also posted in the forums, but that seems to have stopped. While it's nice to give support to another poster you may like or actually know, but in the end no one knows if you are the same person as the one you are backing. I know I have guesses on who has multiple accounts but I don't know, I have zero access to finding out who is who here and the owner sure doesn't give me private info. I've been a monitor on another message board, and I had no access to finding out private info on members, I had access to the owners of the site through discussing problem people, but that's all.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:27:11 AM
Not really an insider daynadaze. Before I changed my profile name I was thebugisback. Do you remember when there were practically daily threads about Clooney and/or Pitt? I named the Hollywood hunk I have a crush on, Rob Schneider. This woman also thinks he's adorable and would say so too. We started emailing. We also poked fun in those threads about who'd be more likely to get him (I still say her because she is very pretty and slim). Does any of this ring a bell?

Anyway she hid her picture and I saw that Tall would frequently post not to trust posters without pictures. Does this ring a bell? She finally quit. I know another poster who is still here with similar story.

I have searched for the threads and since I can't find them I assume (could be wrong) that they were included during that time that lots of threads disappeared when there was the fake abelian (don't think I spelled that right).

KJ, I sent you that email to let you know that I thought Yoshi was back. Sorry I wasn't fast enough for you two to play. I had enjoyed that in his other incarnation too.

Edit: I see another poster knows of similar situation. Let's take Tall's advice and write CSR@POF.COM
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:37:09 AM
And now we see that some here "feed" the troll enough attention it so desperately seeks, that it feels a tiny bit of "validation of its existence" and may try to incarnate here again and again, since it gets not an iota of that attention IRL.

S
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:39:38 AM
Those that feed it ought to see it's real life picture. Imagine a troll under a bridge in those children's books of fables, unshaven, slovenly and way overweight with bad teeth. Gets its jollies online where a few real live women actually respond to its contrived juvenile posts. Well, maybe a bit better than it going postal due to lack of ANY female attention IRL.

S
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:46:01 AM
Now some posters might begin to understand why the juvenile uneducated "loose" troll shows up back here occasionally.
It is always here with its main contrived "dating" profile which most everyone ignores as usual. And it is reading many of the posts here, as it has no social life whatsoever IRL.

Why do some few of the posters here think it is "entertaining"? Wish they could invite it over for dinner, they might have to fumigate afterwards...

S
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why is the user Tall_IQ pretending to be a moderator?