Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 1
time has taken a toll Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I have a guy friend who lives in my area. Everyone up here is snowed in. I wrote him to ask about his V-day etc. was he snowed in w/ his GF & tell him about my V-day...

I told him I was posting, plus we discussed a mutual female acquaintance.

She says men in their 50's all want a woman in their 20's (ha)

his response:

"The smart men look for women who have a few miles on them, stretch marks, saggy breasts, grey hair and all - as they know that time has taken a toll on their bodies as well."

I thought it could make for some good intellectual discourse ;0D
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:15:20 PM
Valentine's Day "Special Edition" Gender-Bashing Thread!
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 3
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:15:46 PM
^^^Nope, my friend who is male had written that in his email & I thought it would make for stimulating forum posting.

He does pose that both genders, when older, are not as they were when young.

It is his statement, not mine, but he doesn't bash his gender or women.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 4
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:31:25 PM
I not that smart but always have an opinion and I agree with him.
The forum never discuss the majority of people who date because there is no controversy and little drama.
Regardless of what the forum would have you believe most people date within a few years of themselves. The youngest I ever dated was 10 years my junior chronologically and 5 years senior in maturity, oldest 5 years senior chronologically and in maturity. (Maturity numbers are just WAG Grin)
I don't look in the mirror and see a young stud, I see a out of shape guy with a million miles on himself. While I want to date an attractive woman what constitutes attractive is different for everyone.

Was outside a restaurant this morning after a breakfast meeting and a couple approx 15 year senior to me came out. Fairly apparent they were just getting to know each other, he was trying hard and she was escaping. LOL But they were the same age or close just like 95% of the couples you see everyday.

My point is Blonde Angels friends response is how the majority of people think

Substitute "people" for "men" in her statement because the majority of women date the same way again regardless of how these forums would have you believe
 antirepublican
Msg: 5
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:39:06 PM

"The smart men look for women who have a few miles on them, stretch marks, saggy breasts, grey hair and all - as they know that time has taken a toll on their bodies as well."

Can't really agree with him. Smart men choose quality wherever it may be found. The gray and wrinkled don't have a monopoly on quality.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:15:08 PM
I don't know what it has to do with being smart, I imagine that most people look for what they are attracted to, and most people, unless they have low-self esteem, aren't looking at themselves as a gauge, they like what they like.
 petula1908
Msg: 7
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:24:53 PM
antirepublican

I tend to agree with you. Wrinkled, greay women do not turn a lot of men on sexually and they are fine as friends. That is natural.

Same with the male gender in the same condition. So intellectualise it all you will. What we feel we should want in our heads does not always translate to the heart and the lower regions. I just think that past a certain age, ie. getting elderly, wanting romance, sex and dating is rather silly and it is that we live so long now that we expect to have it, aided and abetted by those who make money from dating sites etc. Plastic surgeons and other anti ageing products etc.

Mind you retirement villages are rife with STDs so someone is getting it on, even in the dark.
lol!!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 8
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:26:32 PM

True---they have enough sense to seek out women within their own league.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 9
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:33:15 PM
I want a man who shares my healthy lifestyle. I exercise 4-5 times per week- weightlifting and aerobic exercise- eat a healthy, low fat diet and avoid alcohol. I am not attracted to obese, sedentary men with sagging flesh.

At the YMCA I lift weights with hot men. Superb athletes, these guys are addicted to hiking, rock climbing, downhill skiing, mountain biking, weightlifting and running. Athletic, middle aged men do exist.

My role model is my friend's father who hiked the Grand Canyon at age 94. I see Mr. Miller in the weight room occasionally. It took him four days to do the Grand Canyon. Good for him! Twice I hiked the Grand Canyon in two days: one day down, camp overnight at the bottom, and one day up and out. It's a leg burner.

Last year I did 34 hikes, 208 miles and 43,000 feet of elevation gain (and loss). Not bad for a petite, 61 year-old woman.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 10
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:03:17 PM

I don't look in the mirror and see a young stud, I see a out of shape guy with a million miles on himself.

I look in the mirror and see a 34" waist and a 44" chest.
Same as I've seen for last consecutive 24 years (after I ballooned up from a 32" waist and a 42" chest).

Twice I hiked the Grand Canyon in two days: one day down, camp overnight at the bottom, and one day up and out. It's a leg burner.

I hiked the Grand Canyon in ONE day. Bright Angel Trail down and back. Half hour rest at the river. Ten and a half hours of hiking. No overnight camping. No food or water with me. Nothing but the clothes on my back. Of course, this was not recently. But it was done. Best hiking adventure ever.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 11
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:38:50 PM
I think this is a passive-aggressive way of saying that men who are NOT attracted to women with stretch marks, saggy breasts and grey hair are somehow less intelligent than men who are.

FYI, not all of us older women have stretch marks and saggy breasts---nor are we doomed to date dummies.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 12
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/14/2015 11:18:22 PM

halcyon_skies: not all of us older women have stretch marks and saggy breasts---nor are we doomed to date dummies.

Exactly. Look at my photos. I don't have stretch marks nor saggy breasts. I'm in better shape than a lot of teenagers.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 13
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 3:15:00 AM

Are they that hard to find?
 StarClassic
Msg: 14
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 4:14:41 AM

"The smart men look for women who have a few miles on them

He has the part about Miles right.

Aside from a few more lines on my face I've looked as I do since I was 30-35.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVowpi7j1ds
 calguy14
Msg: 15
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 4:48:06 AM
I like to say the bumpers of a 50s Buick.No sane 50s guy looks for women in their 20s.Not all women have stretch marks for sure.Or look like they have a lot of miles on them.
 c0mplex0ne
Msg: 16
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 5:28:17 AM
I agree. But I read "smart" in his comment as "realistic". We all are attracted to what we're attracted to...regardless of age, or what we "perceive" their age to be. I get approached by men 10+ years my junior. Some of them I click with. Some I don't. The "click" isn't ONLY a function of chronological age.....
 JoeBnD
Msg: 17
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:01:12 AM

you know how guys are when it comes to sex (they are insatiable)--they will have sex with someone old enough to be their mother or their daughter.

Gee, thank you for telling me how I am. I never would have guessed that I was like this. And just for your information, I have seen many women's profiles that have age ranges for their dates which go way younger from their own age than does mine. There are many discriminating men out there, like myself, who won't just jump in the sack with just anyone who has a vagina.
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 18
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:27:26 AM
Can we just date who we want to date without judgements for once?

Older woman/younger man = good
Older man/younger woman = good
Same sex/different age = good
Same age/different sex = good

I gravitate toward my own age group because relatability is paramount for me. (FOR ME being the operant words here).

(also, I can say without fear: women get exponentially better in bed the older they are. That is non negotiable.)
 Walts
Msg: 19
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:41:50 AM
A couple of things come to mind when it comes to the subject of aging, and our bodies.

We have some people here, and over there too, who love to proclaim how they "don't look their age", or "look younger than then they are". Of course, they proclaim this, looking at themselves using their own eyes. Would others say the same thing? Or do they say these things, "comparing" themselves to others in the same age group?

Along the same lines, I often wonder why "accepting" our bodies (and our age) as we age is frowned upon, or feared? I personally, am proud of the scars I have, which includes limps, creaks, and the odd crack when I am out and about doing "stuff", or when I try to roll outta bed the morning after. I feel very little need to proclaim that I still do "stuff" that many would find just a little bit overboard in the physical department. I still do it, I just don't go around announcing it, as if it's a big deal. It isn't to me, cause I have been doing it all my life. I don't feel any better or any worse than others because of it, I just live it.

When I look in the mirror, I can actually "see". It isn't the body I had when I was 20, and in reality it shouldn't be. A lot of time has passed since I was 20. With time, things have happened to this unit. Some good, some not so good. It's still mine though, and I accept it. Not always willingly but, as my doc has told me more than once, "you are not 20 anymore son, try to remember that, next time".

So, when I look or interact with people I can understand that years lived come with a cost, and some gain. Wear and tear is just part of it. Experience and wisdom should also be part of it. Many do not gain any of that, which is more unattractive than anything. In my mind, anyways.
 calguy14
Msg: 20
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:52:43 AM
In reality your body shouldn't look like you did at 20.

Why accept reality?
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 21
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:56:58 AM
Solid post, Walts. And I agree 100%.

So, when I look or interact with people I can understand that years lived come with a cost, and some gain. Wear and tear is just part of it. Experience and wisdom should also be part of it. Many do not gain any of that, which is more unattractive than anything. In my mind, anyways.

Quoted for truth.
 Walts
Msg: 22
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:58:24 AM

Why accept reality?

May I remind you of my indulgence of the good whiskey and the illegal herb?
 calguy14
Msg: 23
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:06:30 AM
^^
That's in the mind.I meant the body.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 24
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:24:18 AM

Knowing my friend as I do, I would interpret his statement as a sort of compliment, rather than a bash.

He is in his late 50's & is very realistic in regards to looks & while he likes a woman's appearance, he places just as much stock in their intellect, behavior & personality & character.

While I do not agree on every word that comes out of his mouth, but I feel I am a better person for knowing him.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 25
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:40:40 AM
[FYI, not all of us older women have stretch marks and saggy breasts---nor are we doomed to date dummies.]

No women don't. So I will be rejected for not having them when I am older. Okay...just kidding! To be honest I don't find pregnancy stretch marks on toned women to be unattractive and neither do their hot boyfriends. Keep in mind the men who would be seeking women who show the physical signs of ageing also show the same signs in most cases except for cubs who seek them out to have an older woman experience.

I think it's natural to find people who are much younger than we are physically attractive. For the most part they have no deep wrinkles, lack monopolized grey hair, are toned, bright skinned, skin is not dry, no age spots or yellow toe nails that are as thick as cardboard, no cracks in their feet, no jowls, no sagging skin under the neck, or crepy eyes, etc. This list could go on but I'll stop here. Younger for the most part is more physically attractive but it doesn't translate into having a personality that has taken decades to develop which can be verrrry attractive and addictive to be around.

We can't control who others are attracted to whether it is a person who has miles on them or not. If a man desires something I am not I cannot change his mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll