Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > A TIME OF GRACE.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 1
A TIME OF GRACE.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
LENT SEASON

We went to Church Wednesday 18 to receive the blessed Ashes
Ash Wednesday is the beginning of the Lent season.
I know the Ash is not a magic rite, and it does not remove the sins that I have committed,
But it is a sign of repentance, of penance, but above all, it is a sign of conversion.

Lent is a time of reflection of my life, to understand where I am going,
To analyze how my behavior is with ALL the beings that surround me.
This is the time to ask for forgiveness to God and my neighbors
It is time to forgive all those who in some way have offended me or my family, or have hurt us.

I must ask forgiveness to God our father, but first, I have to sincerely have forgiven others.!!
Wednesday, LENT began. It is a favorable time, A TIME OF GRACE.
Is time to break with the sin that dwells in our hearts.

This season I must fast controlling all my passions and trying to renounce my selfishness.
And I wonder, how do I do this? I'd like to do better than last year.

Today is Friday, We should not eat meat today. We bought fruit salad, I think we are going to eat salmon with baked potatoes.
Anyway, as I said, Lent is time to reflect and to repent of the bad committed actions,
It's time to show our love for others doing charity work, It is a time of cleaning of the spirit.
I hope that through my actions, my family also receives the blessings.
Amen.!

April
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 2
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/25/2015 10:58:49 AM

Today is Friday, We should not eat meat today. We bought fruit salad, I think we are going to eat salmon with baked potatoes.

http://i.imgur.com/ijZWO.jpg
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 3
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/25/2015 11:27:14 AM
Still sitting on my hand to keep from linking "Ave Maria".

I just had a burger.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 4
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/25/2015 12:31:04 PM
Some of us reflect daily. Some of us forgive often. Some of us do the best we can...always. I don't need a special date or a religious belief or a "god" to tell me this. I often wonder what folks do for the other days of the year...the days when a story book doesn't tell them how to behave.
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 5
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:35:13 PM
@ " special" HFX RGB
What can I say.........I do respect your "special" opinion, just because you ARE "special"
You know "special" people like you need "special" attention.. right?.
Thank you for your opinion on this matter.

Simply taking some time to reflect upon our behaviour and whether we're causing more harm than good.
Just some time spent checking the balance of the scales is useful.

I Agree.!!
If we ALL were doing this, we would have a happier world.!!

Some of us reflect daily. Some of us forgive often. Some of us do the best we can...always.

"You're almost perfect"...Good 4u.!!

I often wonder what folks do for the other days of the year...the days when a story book doesn't tell them how to behave.

Do you see? here there is a mistake, we should not wonder about the behavior of others,or what other people do, but only ours.
Each one loads his/her cross in the way they want to. We should respect that, and think that This is their business not ours.

Live and let live, that is my motto...Life is good that way.!!

Have you all a nice evening.!!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 6
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 5:49:21 AM

@ " special" HFX RGB
What can I say.........I do respect your "special" opinion, just because you ARE "special"
You know "special" people like you need "special" attention.. right?.

Yep I know that 'special" people think that this is an invisible man in the sky.

I also know that because you are just trying to insult me that your "book" says you will burn in hell for eternity for it.

So either way, looks like you are screwed, because if you really do believe in magic fairies you are screwed because it knows your true intent, or if magic fairies are not real then you just end up looking a bit dim for believing in fairy tales.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 7
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 6:46:20 AM
I find it odd that I think April has only posted twice on the crazy train thread and both times were angry, defensive posts. Seems she's not in search of the truth (jmo). Wonder why?

As the Wiz posted: "The things that make you go hmmm ..."

Some similarities there on her stats to someone. Just sayin'.

And it had to happen there on that thread. Our religious crusader April is the only one who has used the word "Nazi" in that thread.

HFX, I don't know anything about you as far as the chatter here, but you and I agree on a lot of things. I'm thinking that isn't going to garner me any more popularity here. Good thing not all of us are looking for friends.

Not taking sides; just don't know enough yet to do that.
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 8
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:27:14 AM

I find it odd that I think April has only posted twice on the crazy train thread and both times were angry, defensive posts. Seems she's not in search of the truth (jmo). Wonder why?

@ curious
What it is "odd" is that you AlWAYS feel the need to answer to my post whenever I write something.
You are the one who answer to everything I post with a passive aggressive behavior towards me.
Here are some things I noticed about you:

1-YOU have an OBSESSIVE behavior
2-YOU have a passive aggressive behavior
You should go to a psychiatrist to be checked
Sometimes drink too much liquor and drugs make a person have a weird behavior.

People can compare my post and then check YOUR comment about what I wrote...Everybody will see that YOU are the one that ALWAYS attacks me first.
Here is one of MANY example;
Off topic= thread not depressed what want to die
My mesg # 20
YOUR msg #25
I was trying to ignore you, but you pushed my buttons too far...You are crazy!!
I am a believer, but no, I do not put "the other" cheek...Now you know my sin.!!
Stop stalking my post or I will report you.!!
Never done that before but your passive aggressive behavior towards me, Is forcing me to do so.
You do hates Tall IQ , but you are just behaving like him, he is your picture.
Both need to be checked by a psychiatrist.!!

PS
Gone for today, BB tomorrow.!!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 9
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:36:41 AM
^^^Please Google the definition of "passive-aggressive" (particularly "passive"), April.

I'm never passive.

Wow. Pretty close to Tall's very words the day he was attacking me on the Tall thread and knew I was driving all day and couldn't respond. (Things that make you go hmmm ...). I think most here, reading my posts, would agree I'm not under the influence of anything, April, and that I'm sane. My posts are far more coherent than any of yours.

Disagreeing here is not "stalking", April.

HFX_RGB
Msg: 10
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:23:39 AM

Rumor has it, it will also prevent you for forming a correct sentence and may cause you to belive there is an invisible man in the sky.

Also should be noted, does this look familiar to anyone? (bold text all over the place)
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 11
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:31:10 AM
I can't pm you, HFX, so ...

Sure does. All the bold, attacking me with nearly the same words, same denomination, same "types" as his "helpers" ... Oh, you betcha, HFX. (May I call you Frank?)

Read her only two posts on that thread? And she's paranoid and attention-seeking with these posts. Thinks we're all focused on her. Does that sound familiar?

Now if April were "right", she'd see my history, know I've been home sick, type at least 120, speed read and comment on pretty much everything that interests me.

I've noticed that if people watch who posts together on which threads ...

Sometimes it's just too easy. :))
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 12
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 1:12:35 PM
I shouldn't be on the internet now, but oh well.......just one minute...

@ HFX and CURIOUS:

it will also prevent you for forming a correct sentence and may cause you to belive there is an invisible man in the sky.

Have you noticed that English is not my primary language?... If you didn't, then, you are more "special" from what I initially thought.
I have a heavy accent, but may I ask, how many languages do YOU speak?

I can't pm you, HFX, so

Really?? Is that the way you do on the forums.?..
see? you are tall IQ picture,same behavior.!
.yup...you are a crazy mean person with a real bad spirit.
Now I am mad And I know I will need to pray more than before..
And this was not the intention of this thread.

I have seen that the attacker always plays the role of victim only to deceive the other,
It is happening right now on this thread,(poster above) but there is enough proof on my history post, to prove who Always is the one who is obsessive and aggressive stalking and make sarcastic comments ....
I don't even speak to them, I do not read their post, I didn't do anything to them,
I really didn't know you both exist and do not care either..
Just wonder WHY all this mean behavior .....And now they are messaging each other against me. That is Not a normal behavior of a mature person.... She is 62years old?? ..and the "special is 47??..RIDICULOUS.!! ..!!
This thread in ONE PROOF.

This from my own thread:

It is time to forgive all those who in some way have offended me or my family, or have hurt us.
I must ask forgiveness to God our father, but first, I have to sincerely have forgiven others.!!

I don't know why you two are attacking me but I am going to IGNORE both of you from now on.
For me this..........THREAD IS CLOSED

GOOD BYE .!!!

LENT SEASON I need to be happy and ignore the unhappy.

Live and let live....that's my motto.!!

Closed thread song!:

From the mountains
To the prairies
to the oceans
white with foam.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MY HOME
SWEET HOME.!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 13
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 2:39:08 PM

Sure does. All the bold, attacking me with nearly the same words, same denomination, same "types" as his "helpers" ... Oh, you betcha, HFX. (May I call you Frank?)

Call me what ever you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irony Alert:

I have seen that the attacker always plays the role of victim only to deceive the other,
 kj521
Msg: 14
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:15:04 PM
April.....

Thank you for posting this thread. It has helped me tremendously at a time when I really needed to remember what is most important in life.

I have learned that the concept of Grace and Unconditional Love are foreign to many people,...sad....but true.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 15
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:40:21 AM

I have seen that the attacker always plays the role of victim only to deceive the other

There is a diagnosis(es) for that.

And you're right. Plays the "poor me, I'm simply an innocent here in this dark and scary forums".

Nah, I'm not falling for it. She came out of nowhere here with an attack on me (her first). Was never aware of her. I was onto her from the beginning.

And posting about religion always sucks them in, some of "them". She's working it. Wonder what her role is?

I'm not leaving my brain at the door when I come into this crazy place. Is that why so many folks don't care for you here, Frank? Because you don't leave your brain at the door and "inspire" attacks (as someone in another thread commented I do)?

Funny thing that. Nothing inspires me to attack anyone. I simply post my opinions.

Yeah, this "I'm a victim, give me attention and sympathy" doesn't work here.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 16
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 4/10/2015 5:14:30 PM
"Amazing grace; how sweet the sound". Be blessed my brothers/sisters in Christ. No matter what denomination we choose to practice, we are all under the same umbrella of God. *hugs*
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 17
A TIME OF GRACE.
Posted: 4/28/2015 9:03:31 AM
^^^^
https://youtu.be/O_tb2KKjUpM
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 18
LENT: Period of fasting, Moderation, and Self-Denial
Posted: 3/13/2017 10:42:13 AM
LENT IS A TIME Of GRACE

Chronicles 7:14 : ". . .if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Lent begins with Ash Wednesday and ends with Easter Sunday. It last forty days, Lent is a time of prayer, repentance, self-examination and reflection. It offers opportunity to help others in need. It’s about what to “give up” for Lent. It is about pick up our heads and look around– around the family, the neighborhood,

The journey through Lent is a way to confess our total inadequacy before God, to strip ourselves bare of all pretenses to righteousness, to come before God in dust and ashes. It is a way to empty ourselves of our false pride, of our rationalizations that prevent us from seeing ourselves as needy creatures, of our external piety that blinds us to the beam in our own eyes.

Through Prayer that gives up self, we seek to open ourselves up before God, and to hear anew the call "Come unto me!" We seek to recognize and respond afresh to God’s presence in our lives and in our world. We seek to place our needs, our fears, our failures, our hopes, our very lives in God’s hands, again. And we seek by abandoning ourselves in Jesus’ death to recognize again who God is, to allow His transforming grace to work in us once more, and to come to worship Him on Easter Sunday with a fresh victory and hope that goes beyond the new clothes, the Spring flowers, the happy music.

PRAYER...The passage in 2 Chronicles 7:14 quoted a lot: ". . .if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

The prayer is usually interpreted as intercessory prayer for others, since we too easily assume that any problem lies with someone else. Yet a careful reading of the passage will reveal that the prayer that is called for here is not intercessory prayer for others; it is penitential prayer for the faith community, for us. It is not to call for others to repent; it is a call for us, God’s people, to repent. It is our land that needs healed, it is our wicked ways from which we need to turn, we are the ones who need to seek God’s face.

Perhaps we should take off our righteous robes just long enough during these 40 days to put ashes on our own heads, to come before God with a new humility that is willing to confess, "Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner." Maybe we should be willing to prostrate ourselves before God and plead, "Lord, in my hand no price I bring; simply to the cross I cling." That might put us in a position to hear God in ways that we have not heard Him in a long time. And it may be the beginning of that healing for which we have so longed.
O Lord, begin with me. Here. Now.

The pope outlined his message with three points taken from St. Paul's letter: "concern for others, reciprocity and personal holiness."
Concern for others, the pope said, means wanting what is good physically, morally and spiritually for one's neighbor. But he noted that contemporary culture "seems to have lost the sense of good and evil."

"There is a real need to reaffirm that good does exist and will prevail," the pope said, defining good as "whatever gives, protects and promotes life, brotherhood and communion."

The pope warned against what he called "spiritual anesthesia," which numbs people to the suffering of others. Only a "humbleness of heart and the personal experience of suffering can awaken within us a sense of compassion and empathy," he said.
The suffering of others is not only physical or material, he said, but it is also spiritual, and he encouraged Christians to remember their "spiritual responsibility" toward their neighbor. He called for a renewal of a forgotten aspect of the Christian life, that is, "fraternal correction."
Fraternal correction, he said, is a kind of Christian charity that speaks out against people indulging in sin.

Now there’s a good thing to give up for Lent – the fear of rejection!

Amen.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/13/2017 12:01:11 PM

It offers opportunity to help others in need. It’s about what to “give up” for Lent. It is about pick up our heads and look around– around the family, the neighborhood,

Perhaps we should take off our righteous robes just long enough during these 40 days to put ashes on our own heads, to come before God with a new humility that is willing to confess, "Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner." Maybe we should be willing to prostrate ourselves before God and plead, "Lord, in my hand no price I bring; simply to the cross I cling." That might put us in a position to hear God in ways that we have not heard Him in a long time. And it may be the beginning of that healing for which we have so longed.
O Lord, begin with me. Here. Now.

"concern for others, reciprocity and personal holiness."
Concern for others, the pope said, means wanting what is good physically, morally and spiritually for one's neighbor. But he noted that contemporary culture "seems to have lost the sense of good and evil."

"There is a real need to reaffirm that good does exist and will prevail," the pope said, defining good as "whatever gives, protects and promotes life, brotherhood and communion."

The pope warned against what he called "spiritual anesthesia," which numbs people to the suffering of others. Only a "humbleness of heart and the personal experience of suffering can awaken within us a sense of compassion and empathy," he said.
The suffering of others is not only physical or material, he said, but it is also spiritual, and he encouraged Christians to remember their "spiritual responsibility" toward their neighbor. He called for a renewal of a forgotten aspect of the Christian life, that is, "fraternal correction."

Pope Francis was conveying a spiritual message to people- focus on neighbor and brotherhood and not limited to other Christians and Catholics ONLY.

Jesus was a radical and a liberal, I am certain if he is here today, he was marching in protests carrying a sign.

The Pope gets it.
 Jo van
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/14/2017 10:23:35 AM

I wonder if all, or any of the thousands of "priests", who "teach" this drivel, and who ALL claimed to have been "chosen/called" by this particular "flavour" of non-existent "deity/sky-pixie/super-wizard", "gave up" fvcking any of those hundreds of thousands of children, during their "lent"

"Christianity", in all its various flavours, and subsets, is just one of about 10,000 different religions in the world.
They each claim an exclusivity on "truth".
They each claim all the other religions are "wrong".

Now I'm no expert on this, but if I were an omnipotent, omnipresent super-deity, who was "immortal", and "eternal", and all that shit,
and I wanted everybody in the world to "prostrate" themselves before me, (presumably to feed my ego?)
well, I wouldn't whisper my "truth", into the ears of just one (or several) Neolithic sheep-herder, at just ONE point in time,
and then expect HIM to convert the whole of the rest of the human species.
No.
-I would have spoken to everybody, at the same time, and on the same day!, or maybe even every day.
And I would have made my "rules" CLEAR!,
-About bacon, especially, but also mixed fibres, or whether or not a "good hair day" was "pornographic"

Because here we are, allegedly one and a half, two, or three and a half thousand years later, (the three "Abrahamic" religions) with ten thousand different "truths".
MOST of the people in the world already think that YOUR religion is nonsense.
Most people in the world "prostrate" themselves before other "gods", on other"days".
They pray to other "gods", and they perform other stupid rituals.

This is primitive, superstitious drivel.
Until quite recently, it was thought that epileptic fits, or schizophrenia were "possessions by evil spirits".
Now, we know what they are, and we knowthat the human brain is as fallible as the rest of our bodies.

Religions are either sociological "cults" of "belonging", with an ascribed "meaning" of which is decided by its members, and then usually forced on other people.
(- Their tedious demands for "respect".)
-Or, they are simply mechanisms by which people can remain "in denial", about their own impending mortality.

There's really no "kind" way to say it; you're gonna die.
There's no "heaven",- oh, and no "santa".
I'm sorry, but there it is.

Your inability to cope with reality doesn't give you, (or any other religions) any sort of "license" to impose your tedious delusions and superstitious "rules" on the sane.

Now, you can perform whatever rituals you like, in the privacy of your bedroom, but if you post them on a public forum, don't expect them to go unchallenged.

-And before you resort to your usual hysterical tailspin, and start calling me "evil", or "sick",
as I've already pointed out, the vast majority of the world's population don't agree with you either,
- so are they ALL "evil", for not believing your fairy tale too

Here's a tip:
Read some proper books.
Learn a little bit about human history, archaeology, paleantology, anthropology, sociology, look at "the bigger picture", and then, look again at these beliefs, in the contexts in which they were first conceived.
"The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance".~Socrates.
Huh
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2017 11:07:02 AM
Yeah, Jo_van, it's confirmed: I definitely love your posts.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:31:43 PM
it's confirmed: I definitely love your "smart and good- hearted" post Mz Informed, very, very interesting point of view. .thank you very much for posting on MY LENT thread.! It says a lot about you.!
================

Lent reflection
We shall be judged according to our love. It is not primarily
a feeling, an attitude, or a conviction but rather a concrete
act on behalf of those in need—the hungry, the homeless,
the lonely, the imprisoned, the forgotten.

Over the next forty-seven days, we should resolve to perform a
particular and sustained act of love.

Make several visits to your relative in the nursing home.
Converse regularly with a lonely person on your block.
Tutor and befriend a kid who might be in danger of losing
his way. Repair a broken friendship. Bring together bickering
factions at your place of work. Make a number of financial
contributions to a worthy organization that needs help.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2017 11:11:06 AM
""it's confirmed: I definitely love your "smart and good- hearted" post Mz Informed, very, very interesting point of view. .thank you very much for posting on MY LENT thread.! It says a lot about you.!""

I recently learned that anybodies thread is everybody's thread here April.. kind of the hard way. However Mz. Informed showed me great kindness.. and this was when I was being attacked and sideswiped at both sides by two very vicious ladies. I petitioned Saint Rita and Saint Jude for help and do believe my prayers were answered. The abuse stopped.

This whole thread reminds me of a scripture that I used during the Lenten Season many many times. I taught in the Catholic Church for 13 years, preparing 13 year old children to make their confirmation. A great part of that teaching was to teach them about the Saints because they would be choosing a Saints name as their confirmation name.

The passage here is from scripture. It is Gospel and can be found Matthew 25:31-46. This was not just the way Christ wanted us to behave or treat others for 40 days. He did not just ask us to review our shortcomings for this short period of time. This was how he wanted us to live and treat others every day... but I think it is appropriate after reading some of the hostility here. I hope this helps.

The Sheep and The Goats

Matthew 25:31-46 from New International Version. ( I usually read King James but this is easier to read for new age readers )

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/17/2017 12:00:44 PM
@ PennyAnte,

Thank very much for your post, from the bottom of my heart my best wish on this Lent for you is:

May God, our God of hope fill you and your kids with all joy and peace as you believe in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
My best wishes for your daughter's health..May God heal her soon and forever by the Power of the Holy Spirit..Amen.

We know that Purple is the traditional color of Lent but I am sending you a,
A white rose @}---'--,--

Wishing you a blessed day.!

April.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:21:21 AM
Like the story of the Prodigal Son........

God created us to live in unity, so any tale of restored unity resonates. This is also why, no matter how many times we hear about how the father “ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him,” we are always deeply moved (Luke 15:20).

There are many “older brothers and sisters” who struggle with choosing mercy over bitterness and vengeance when a loved one finds the courage to come home.

No matter where we find ourselves, today’s Gospel urges us to “come home.” Whether it’s returning to the Church or to an estranged loved one.

Jesus is inviting us to take the next good step toward reconciliation. At the same time, Jesus is also urging us to be like the Father and welcome back into our lives those who have become separated from us.

Today, take that one step closer to forgiving and embracing. Don’t worry if you don’t see immediate restoration. Instead, focus on letting the grace available during Lent inspire you to come together a little bit more.

“Father, show me the next step toward unity and the ‘home’ that you have for me.”
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > A TIME OF GRACE.