Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Barack Hussein Obama honors Trayvon Martin Today      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 1
Barack Hussein Obama honors Trayvon Martin TodayPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Barack Husssein Obama has commemorated today by visiting the parents of Trayvon Martin on the anniversary of his death.. Mr. Martin's autopsy showed he was on illegal drugs.

BUT:
Obama didn't bother to attend the funeral of Maj. Gen. Harold Greene the highest ranking officer killed in combat since Viet Nam but offered condolences to the family of a dope smoking strong arm street thug shot by police in Ferguson, Ms. named Michael Brown.

he refused to order flags flown at half mast for General Greene but did so when drug addict Whitney Houston died from an alcohol and drug over dose in a bathroom.

he exchanged 5 dangerous terrorists for a deserter and Taliban sympathizer but let decorated Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi languish in a Mexican jail without lifting a finger to obtain his release for a long period of time.

he failed to attend the Charlie Hebdo rally in Paris but made a comedic video taking selfies on the day they found out the American missionary Kayla Mueller was killed by ISIS.

Can any Obama supporters defend this seemingly bizarre behavior????
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 2
Barack Hussein Obama honors Trayvon Martin Today
Posted: 2/27/2015 1:38:08 PM

Why in the world would anyone be defending your delusions...?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/27/2015 1:42:27 PM
President Barack Hussein Obama displays a remarkable "disconnect" with law-abiding and hard-working normal Americans. There is seriously nothing more important on his plate than to meet with the parents of a dead thug? His calendar was that open he had time to entertain these people at the White House years after Saint Trayvon Martin managed to get himself killed while purposely committing a crime against an innocent? Bizarre.
 tgif111
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/27/2015 1:49:13 PM
Benjamin Netanyahu is on the back burner as well Mr. Eric Summitt.

the next guy invited to canoodle with the pretender in chief and John Kerry at the White House will be Jihadi John.
 cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:08:27 PM
Message 1 ...
Obama didn't bother to attend the funeral of Maj. Gen. Harold Greene the highest ranking officer killed in combat since Viet Nam ...

Why would he do that? It's not customary for the POTUS or VPOTUS to attend such funerals.

Why do think it's so bizarre that he didn't attend that funeral?
 Ainen
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:09:44 PM
I wasn't around the Off Topic forum when Zimmerman murdered Trayvon, nor when the all-female jury acquitted Zimmerman, but in other discussions such as Mike Brown, people in the forums claimed "everyone" sided with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman followed Trayvon. Who but a pedophile would follow a child? When Trayvon called a friend, he told the friend he thought Zimmerman was a pervert who was trying to rape him. To anyone who approves of Zimmerman, I ask would you like it if a middle aged gunloon followed your child?

Too bad Trayvon wasn't packing a gun; he would have been justified in shooting and killing Zimmerman. Many anti-gun people tried to exploit the incident in their attempts to ban guns.

Even if Trayvon was on drugs (which give people superhuman strength and make them extremely dangerous), Zimmerman chose to get near him, unlike the store clerk who got viciously assaulted by Mike Brown.

Zimmerman (considered a hero by the Rush Limbaugh types) has a history of infidelity and domestic violence. While still married to his wife, Zimmerman had affairs. Often there were domestic incidents with the mistresses, often involving guns. After they got divorced, Zimmerman still got into trouble with the women he dated. In addition to the all female jury who acquitted him, Zimmerman is popular with countless women who let him point guns at them and threaten them with violence. Zimmerman also has traffic violations and other crimes.

That being said, the vast majority of the victims resulting from the incident are white males. Countless white males are viciously attacked in hate crimes (they're not classified as such because the victims are straight white male Gentiles). Thugs viciously assault white males, saying, "Dis be fo Trayvon". This is despite the fact white men have absolutely nothing to do with the murder or the acquittal: Zimmerman is not white (he's Hispanic), and the jury was 100% female.

In addition, since the murder, literally tens of thousands of blacks in America have been murdered by other blacks. Because the killers were black, activists don't care. Black lives apparently don't matter if taken by other blacks.

As to Obama's decisions who to honor or ignore, they seem to be a mixed bag. Sometimes he supports evil entities, sometimes he ignores the oppression of innocent people, sometimes he claims PC groups are oppressed when they actually receive preferential treatment, and sometimes he claims innocent entities are evil or lumps good people in with bad.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:10:56 PM

Hell, I can't defend YOUR bizarre behavior and I've seen your posts daily and had emails from you. How do YOU defend your bizarre behavior????
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:20:28 PM

Zimmerman followed Trayvon. Who but a pedophile would follow a child? When Trayvon called a friend, he told the friend he thought Zimmerman was a pervert who was trying to rape him. To anyone who approves of Zimmerman, I ask would you like it if a middle aged gunloon followed your child?

That is the one thing they refuse to discuss... except to say "it isn't illegal to follow someone"... They try as hard as they can to side-step that because... they know as well as we do... if their teenage son came home... saying some freak in a white truck was following him home... they would be out there themselves... gun in hand... trying to chase the freak down... and not a one of them would ever say to their son... "Oh, don't worry. He's probably just some law-abiding citizen out protecting the community"...

Zimmerman is not white (he's Hispanic)

You fvcking racist... I've got news for you... If a hispanic person is not black... native... or asian... he is WHITE... Hispanic is NOT a race you fvcking racist...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:35:15 PM

Posted by _MungoJoe_:
"You fvcking racist...I've got news for you...
If a hispanic person is not black...native...or asian...he is WHITE...
Hispanic is NOT a race you fvcking racist..."

Liberals are so funny when they become unhinged and use profanity. LOL.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/27/2015 3:03:11 PM
Eric, you're so cute....like when you do the "I am rubber" thing or whatever.

And I owe you one so I'll let this go. :-)
 tgif111
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/27/2015 3:54:51 PM
no one can answer this guy's weirdness.

they just make jokes.

interesting........
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:02:08 PM
How long are you going to keep beating that dead horse, tgif? We get it, you hate your president.
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:22:35 PM
The obvious answer is that the short list would be what do you support about the actions of any president from any time in history, but then why would anyone think they need to answer OP's ridiculous set-up question. If I went to a anti-Tea Party site and found a list of faults, be they true or not, and listed them then throw out the common passive/aggressive set up question of *supporters* for these things, I would know I wasn't going to get much back. Then of course the set up question pays off by a fake chest pumping and see I told you so, with the sidekick PeeWee Herman saying, I know you are but what am I? This is so juvenile. I don't agree with everything any president does, who would be that blindly clueless?
 tgif111
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:31:05 PM
first off he's NOT my president. he's yours.

secondly all the stuff I post is mostly what this guy does to himself and it astounds me that you people STILL support him

these aren't set up questions. HE ACTUALLY DID BRING MARTIN'S PARENTS TO THE WHITE HOUSE.

he actually put flags at half mast for Houston and the all the other things he did and did not do.

why can't ONE SINGLE PERSON ON HERE SAY YEAH THAT WAS INCREDIBLY STUPID??

he continues to do stupid things but that's ok with you.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:14:04 PM
Not very patriotic of you to bash your President. Treasonous in many counties. I'd say "off with his head" but it would take a week and the team of Budweiser horses to get it out of his azz.

Not patriotic.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:16:55 PM

secondly all the stuff I post is mostly what this guy does to himself and it astounds me that you people STILL support him

I got $50, that says you yell at your TV.
 etourdi65
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:18:29 PM
Can't have it both ways Joe..if Hispanics are white then why do all you liberal types call those who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty racists?
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/27/2015 8:21:29 PM

Is it because he identified as Hispanic that you concluded he was a pedophile? The vast majority of the incident was Zimmerman on the phone with 911, kind of strange for a pedophile to call 911 to alert them to his actions. If you listen to Zimmerman’s 911 call it will probably help answer your question “who but a pedophile would follow a child” but shhh keep it between us (whispered) most will refuse to discuss this! If it gets back to me I will deny it…just say’n

You can YouTube a good amount of the trial to help form a coherent opinion…just fyi
 lyingcheat
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 9:00:15 PM

Endlessly spreading known lies, untruths, and corrupt distortions is what propagandists do. Propagandists are not concerned with the truth, they are like Super-Kardashians, selling a fiction they hope everyone will take to be true.

See, that's ^^^ (part of the reason) why I figure you're a paid propagandist... you've sold your dignity, sold your honour and are now just demeaning yourself for money. Just like the Kardashian family does.
Though you may be doing it for free I guess, which is even sadder.

But maybe your posts are not entirely lying propaganda?

he refused to order flags flown at half mast for General Greene but did so when drug addict Whitney Houston died from an alcohol and drug over dose in a bathroom.

There was no national order to lower the flags by President Obama for singer Whitney Houston.

An order to lower the flags in the state of New Jersey was issued by Governor Chris Christie. This according to a February 14, 2012 article by NJ.Com, a news site based in New Jersey, that said, Governor "Chris Christie plans to sign an executive order requesting flags on public buildings in New Jersey to fly at half-staff on the day of Jersey native Whitney Houston's funeral."
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/t/Whitney-Houston-Shirley-Temple.htm#.VPEZBhZBmHs

Gov. Chris Christie announced he would fly the state's flags at half-staff for the singer Saturday as mourners attend her funeral in Newark, New Jersey.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/18/opinion/marsh-whitney-houston-tribute/

Obama never ordered flags lowered for Houston.
It was Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, where Houston was born, who ordered all state flags to be flown at half-staff in her honor...
http://jacksonville.com/news/2013-04-28/story/fact-check-did-obama-order-flags-be-flown-half-staff-whitney-houston-not-navy

Rush Limbaugh defended New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s plan to order flags in his state to be flown at half-staff on the day of the late singer Whitney Houston’s funeral...
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72995.html

Oops!
So should he have ordered the flag lowered for Greene, a distinguished member of the Armed Forces?

It's not really his prerogative. The Governor of the state Greene came from could have had them lowered in his home state pretty easily, but it's very very rare apparently for a president to have all the flags lowered.

4 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - THE FLAG
4 U.S. Code § 7 - Position and manner of display
(m) The flag, when flown at half-staff, should be first hoisted to the peak for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The flag should be again raised to the peak before it is lowered for the day. On Memorial Day the flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon only, then raised to the top of the staff.

By order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possession, as a mark of respect to their memory.
In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential instructions or orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law.

In the event of the death of a present or former official of the government of any State, territory, or possession of the United States or the death of a member of the Armed Forces from any State, territory, or possession who dies while serving on active duty, the Governor of that State, territory, or possession may proclaim that the National flag shall be flown at half-staff, and the same authority is provided to the Mayor of the District of Columbia with respect to present or former officials of the District of Columbia and members of the Armed Forces from the District of Columbia.

When the Governor of a State, territory, or possession, or the Mayor of the District of Columbia, issues a proclamation under the preceding sentence that the National flag be flown at half-staff in that State, territory, or possession or in the District of Columbia because of the death of a member of the Armed Forces, the National flag flown at any Federal installation or facility in the area covered by that proclamation shall be flown at half-staff consistent with that proclamation.

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress. The flag shall be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day, unless that day is also Armed Forces Day.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/chapter-1
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/7

Google is your friend.

he actually put flags at half mast for Houston and the all the other things he did and did not do.

why can't ONE SINGLE PERSON ON HERE SAY YEAH THAT WAS INCREDIBLY STUPID??

I accept your challenge.
"YEAH THAT WAS INCREDIBLY STUPID" of you to make that claim, when the truth is so easily found.

What's next...

he let.... decorated Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi languish in a Mexican jail without lifting a finger to obtain his release for a long period of time.

Gosh! Did he?

Although many things about the case against former Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi are murky, one thing is clear:
We should all be so lucky to have such a fiercely devoted mother.
Jill Tahmooressi's deft plucking of American heartstrings has been amplified by the Fox News echo chamber, helping turn her son's story into both a conservative cause celebre and a minor political headache for the Obama administration.

What we know about her 25-year-old son is that he acquitted himself with valor on the field of battle during two tours in Afghanistan, and made some whopping mistakes upon his return, including driving across the border on March 31 with three loaded guns in his truck, a serious violation of Mexican law, for which he is now on trial.

Thanks to the ruckus his mother kicked up, he is now receiving the kind of special treatment that his fellow prisoners can only dream about.

[He has made] ...two escape attempts, including one described as a "ninja-style scaling of a wall topped with coiled barbed wire," and an incident in which he slashed his neck with a broken lightbulb. After that, he was moved to El Hongo prison in Tecate, one of a handful of Mexican prisons accredited by the American Correctional Assn., where he is now living in what his mother describes as "solitary confinement" and what others have called a "private cell."

There, he receives frequent visits from a pastor and is allowed to spend up to two hours a day on the phone. On Monday, after a five-hour hearing in Tijuana's federal courthouse, Judge Victor Octavio Luna Escobedo allowed him to spend 20 minutes with his mother, as families of other defendants in court that day stood outside the building, hoping for glimpses of their loved ones.

"From the moment of his arrest, Mr. Tahmooressi's fundamental rights have been respected, including the rights to due process and personal integrity," the Mexican attorney general's office said in a statement in May.

....To find Tahmooressi guilty, the judge will have to determine that he intended to break the law by bringing military-style weapons and ammunition into Mexico, which has strict anti-gun laws.

In May, sources showed the arrest video to a reporter for Tijuana’s fearless weekly magazine Zeta.
In a story headlined "Ex-Marine did not enter Mexico by mistake," Ines Garcia Ramos reported that around 10:30 p.m. on March 31, as Tahmooressi began to drive into Mexico, border officers who noticed a mattress and other large items in his truck waved him over to an inspection area, where his weapons were discovered during a search. Contrary to his assertion that he stopped to ask how to return to the U.S., she wrote, he appeared to be driving away from the border. (After his guns were discovered, he called 911, telling an American operator he had crossed the border "by accident ... and they're trying to take my guns from me.")

...At times, unfortunately, this young man has been his own worst enemy. After he was arrested, for instance, he claimed he had never been to Mexico before. In fact, he had crossed the border several times, including earlier on the day of his arrest...

...Obama administration officials have been closely monitoring the case from the beginning.
“Quite frankly, Mr. Tahmooressi’s case has gotten a tremendous amount of attention from the State Department,” said Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State John D. Feeley, the No. 2 official in the department’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and former Marine Corps officer. “This is a case we have raised repeatedly and at high levels with the Mexicans. Secretary [John F.] Kerry did it in May. I have raised the case with the Mexican ambassador in Washington, our ambassador in Mexico has raised it with the [Mexican] foreign secretary and we have had excellent cooperation in that we have had access to him on a regular basis.”

...Tahmooressi is not a prisoner of war, neither is he on active duty.

Since 2008, Congress has appropriated $2.1 billion to help Mexico deepen its commitment to the rule of law. How foolish and hypocritical to demand that Mexico now ignore the very justice system we've encouraged it to create.
http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-tahmooressi-spin-machine-20140807-column.html#page=1

So... Mr. Tahmooressi tried to enter a foreign country with prohibited goods, made things worse for himself by lying, and then made an attempt to escape.
They weren't going to execute him. They didn't hold him without trial or charge for years in an off-shore prison. They didn't torture him. They didn't invent a law, post-date it, and apply it retro-actively to him. The outcome was most unlikely to be horribly catastrophic, but rather was just an unpleasant, though foreseeable consequence.

You don't respect the rule of law then? You don't understand international sovereignty? The concept of not entering a country with goods prohibited in that country is incomprehensible to you?

OK, I've done my bit. I responded to your question - "Can any Obama supporters defend this seemingly bizarre behavior????"

Now it's your turn. I'm sure you'll be grateful, if you are an honest and ethical person, for the opportunity to correct the erroneous claims referred to above. So I look forward to your retraction, and admission that promulgating false claims is "bizarre behavior" and is an "INCREDIBLY STUPID" thing to do.

Or words to that effect.

3... 2... 1...
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/27/2015 9:48:53 PM
^^^ Good post.

Someone that was very wise that used to post here until he died told me that the republicans paid propagandists to go on sites like this and post crap, stuff like tgif posts with no credible backup facts or information. Just bullshit stuff to rile people up, keep the conservatives front and centre. Baffle them with bullshit. The thing is, when they pay someone I think they should pay someone that is actually half way intelligent. A rant is just that, a rant.

And like I said, HE can't defend his own bizarre behaviour.
 kj521
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/28/2015 4:26:16 AM
Skoochie.....

"Troll
Galavants
In
Forums"

I find this funny that you would conjure a definition of someone else's username and have to wonder if you know the urban dictionary definition of your own? :)

As to our Presidents actions and behaviors.....I, too, find them perplexing and bizarre at times.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/28/2015 4:55:49 AM

...all you liberal types...

"Types"...?!? What the fvck do you mean by "types"... you bigoted, racist, homophobic little fvck...

if Hispanics are white...

What the fvck do you mean by "if"...? "if Hispanics are white"...?!? The majority of hispanics are white... Why are you trying to deny that basic reality with the "if"...? Why do you need so desperately to deny that hispanics are white...?

You really are a completely bigoted, racist, homophobic little fvck... This isn't just a "pretend game" for you... you live and breath this vile crap...

Can't have it both ways Joe..

I can have it just about any way I want it... and there isn't one thing you can do to change that...
 tgif111
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:12:02 AM

There was no national order to lower the flags by President Obama for singer Whitney Houston.

you are correct lying cheating cigarette hanging out of your mouth person!

I now officially RETRACT my false accusation of the golfer and ask for forgiveness.

which makes me 100 wins to 1 loss ~grins~
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:12:39 AM

As to our Presidents actions and behaviors.....I, too, find them perplexing and bizarre at times.

Which behaviors do you find perplexing?

I assume you will not answer this but thought I would try anyway.
 tgif111
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:15:05 AM
all the behaviors I listed in the last 100 threads in the last 5 years.^^^^^^^^^^^^

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Barack Hussein Obama honors Trayvon Martin Today