Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I Want My Date to Pick Me Up. Does That Make Me a Princess?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 1
I Want My Date to Pick Me Up. Does That Make Me a Princess?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I’m old-fashioned and want to be courted.

I want to be picked up, I feel uncomfortable driving when I'm not familiar with an area.

My man has a doctor's appointment next week 35 miles away & wants to try a new restaurant for lunch after the fact.

I'd rather he come back to my neck of the woods & we have lunch more local AFTER he picks me up!
 You_Never_Knew_Me
Msg: 2
I Want My Date to Pick Me Up. Does That Make Me a Princess?
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:09:59 PM
Nothing wrong with old fashioned. Damn I feel old just saying that.
 aj7125
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:15:20 PM
OP, why not go with him and let him try that new restaurant? That way he picks you up and it's all good!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:16:58 PM
Perhaps attend the medical appointment with him and find a totally new and exciting place to eat afterwards?
While he is with the doctor you can walk around town, read a book in the park, or visit a few nearby stores.
That way it won't require nearly 100 miles of driving simply to have lunch. It will be a bit of an out-of-area adventure.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:23:53 PM
The thing is it is in an area where an ex BF lives & works.

I do not know the chances of running into the ex BF, but w/ my luck...

I just have a bad vibe :0(
 purplerider1200
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:16:33 PM
My first meet after my divorce, I went to a local VFW post, because it was where she wanted to meet. Who is sitting just four tables over? My ex, and her new boyfriend. I didn't see her sitting there, for the better part of an hour. But they spotted me right off. Oh well, why should I care?

No. If he asked you to go with him, then part of that date includes him driving the both of you.
 DietFree
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:34:06 PM

I’m old-fashioned and want to be courted.

You can't be too old-fashioned if you are dating while separated.

If you want him to do all the driving ( and he's okay with it), then go for it.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:38:20 PM

You can't be too old-fashioned if you are dating while separated

bwa ha ha
dating my ex husband!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:54:05 PM

No.
It makes you a princess wannabe.

Having a last name of Hapsburg, Bourbon, Grimaldi, Windsor, etc., makes a woman (or girl) a Princess.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:59:06 PM
You have totally perfect "cover" if you somehow encounter your ex-BF while out having lunch.
Keep your head held high, voice unwavering, and simply introduce your ex-BF to your ex-husband.
The explanations are straight and neither is likely to ask any follow-up questions to the other. Good luck.
 aj7125
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/13/2015 9:54:06 PM
OP, guess I don't get it, you are supposedly with someone you enjoy being with. And if you want the guy to take you, then you should go. Why you would be concerned about an ex boyfriend maybe seeing you is strange, unless you are not saying all. Isn't "the past, the past"???? You want to be courted and sounds like you have a free ride possibly if you want it, your guy wants to try a new place. Two way street.
 Cycling99
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/13/2015 10:28:18 PM
Every time I meet a woman that calls herself a goddess, queen, princess or lady turns out to be an evil WITCH in disguise! True story! lol

21 st century: change with the times or be left behind!
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/13/2015 11:47:35 PM
Blonde Angel, I hope you already know this man.
For a first meet I refuse to get into a stranger's car. It's unsafe.
Plus I want to be able to leave if things go south.
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:05:11 AM
^^^^^ Read her opening post again. It's her man, not a stranger.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:11:27 AM
Hi Blonde Angel

Well....he is your ex husband.
So you both know each other very well.
You could be the next Elizabeth Taylor... re marrying Richard Burton.
If you want to make him court you, well and good as long as he wants to do the same.
I am CERTAIN that Elizabeth Taylor was picked up for every date.

From what you write...YES... you want to be treated like a princess.
Which is fine as long as both of you are happy with the arrangement.

I wish you both the best in rectifying your differences and getting back together properly.

p.s.
If you are concerned about meeting your ex boyfriend whilst dating your ex husband??

There is a solution.

LOOK FABULOUS!!!!
Absolutely fabulous.
Stand tall and be confident.

Will work a treat.
 runningout
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2015 11:43:12 AM
I am a bit confused OP.

Does your man(who is your ex husband) not know how you feel about driving in unfamiliar places?

This thread seems more to be about avoiding running into an ex boyfriend as it is about wanting to be picked up for a date.

It is what it is OP. Because you want to be courted, does not make you a princess. Being courted just means that you want a man to put a little effort in. A princess to me, is someone who is demanding and expects unreasonable things from people.

Good luck OP
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:28:56 PM
I have no idea, but I have a suggestion for you to try on yourself, and ponder, as a part of figuring it out yourself.

Figure out exactly WHY this is such a big deal to you.

You are talking about symbolic behavior, even as you put forward the cover story that it's a practical consideration, because you aren't comfortable driving in unfamiliar areas.

Being "old fashioned" isn't an explanation of the sort you need, in order to answer this question. It's another cover-up, a way to blame your own personal choices on your ancestors.

My knee-jerk reaction, is that you might be trying to get your ex to sort of "prove himself" to you, by acting as though you are newly met...perhaps even because you secretly (from yourself) fear that he is getting back together with you for the wrong reason (such as "to avoid the work of finding someone new").

Lots of people like the "old fashioned" idea that the man does all the leading and picking up and driving (and paying), not because they think males are better or smarter, so much as it is that they don't have to accept any responsibility for whatever happens that way. If the guy does all the leading, and something goes wrong, it's entirely his fault.

I would describe myself as very "old fashioned" as well, though my version of it is based on other principles entirely. I want an old-fashioned relationship where both of us are together because we want to deal with all of life, WITH each other, come what may. That's ULTRA old fashioned, in a world where people seem to want to assess and measure all the time, and move on if someone fails to pass some test or other.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:37:59 PM

The thing is it is in an area where an ex BF lives & works.

I do not know the chances of running into the ex BF, but w/ my luck...

Manufacturing drama. What do you think will happen? Ex-boyfriend will make a melodramatic scene, perhaps declaring his undying love for you, and husband (not ex-husband) will slap his face with a glove, challenging him to a duel? With pistols at sunrise?

Why not just tell your husband you’d rather not make the trip. It does seem stupid for you to waste gas driving there, then both of you driving back in separate vehicles. He can always eat lunch by himself and bring you a doggie bag.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:51:50 PM

Lots of people like the "old fashioned" idea that the man does all the leading and picking up and driving (and paying), not because they think males are better or smarter, so much as it is that they don't have to accept any responsibility for whatever happens that way. If the guy does all the leading, and something goes wrong, it's entirely his fault.

Very well put, congrats
 carolann0308
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:15:38 PM
Princess? No. Driving 70 miles round trip to take you to lunch makes you a pain in the ass.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

You want to avoid an entire town because you are afraid to see an old BF when you are on a date with an ex husband while your still married to someone else. Do I have that right???
 antirepublican
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:36:24 PM
Princess? Not especially. Not by itself. I think that the worst that you could say about it is that you are holding to something that is fading into the past. Even if it did make you a princess, there are still enough men eager to kneel at your feet and there will be for some time to come. Eventually, it will all be gone, but hey, kings and emperors used to be courted but now they are constitutional monarchs subject to taxation and criticism. The days are numbered but there are still enough for you to insist upon it for yourself.
 CharminC
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:47:06 PM
I don't think the issue should be whether you are a princess or not. It's the fact you are letting a man dictate your life.
An ex !!!!!
Seriously???
Hmmm... well, if I found myself in a room with two exes. Yes, it would be uncomfortable. I can see and understand that scenario but one is an ex for a reason.
The other is current so the focus should be on that one not on the fear of running into the other. Make sense?
Don't let your past dictate your present or future.

Wow... I just solved a personal current problem of mine with that last line lol
Now the hard part, to follow my own advice *rolls eyes
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:57:30 PM

the worst that you could say about it is that you are holding to something that is fading into the past. Even if it did make you a princess, there are still enough men eager to kneel at your feet and there will be for some time to come. Eventually, it will all be gone, but hey, kings and emperors used to be courted but now they are constitutional monarchs subject to taxation and criticism. The days are numbered but there are still enough for you to insist upon it for yourself.

I'm old enough that until I die, I can hold to my standard.

I feel sorry for the younger ladies :0(
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2015 2:02:21 PM
Well....I'm just confused but then that's nothing new.
An ex husband wants to take you to lunch but you are worried about an ex boyfriend seeing you...right?
Plus....you don't want to drive by yourself to meet for lunch. Kind of two different stories happening.
As someone pointed out...go with your husband to the appointment and then do lunch.
The odds that you would run into an ex, unless he works at the restaurant or someone gives him a heads up are probably slim to none.
Why do you not want to see your ex boyfriend? Unresolved issues....embarrassed you're back with your ex husband....??
Who called you a "princess"? What does this have to do with courting?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/14/2015 2:03:18 PM

Princess? No. Driving 70 miles round trip to take you to lunch makes you a pain in the ass.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Totally. I'm so tired of wannabe princesses and divas.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I Want My Date to Pick Me Up. Does That Make Me a Princess?