Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Wants to meet you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Wants to meet youPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The best measure of potential interest is your INBOX.
Also keep in mind that nothing is real until you meet.

Don't bother with the assorted "novelties" on this site.
Concentrate on having a good profile and sending well-written notes.
 Debisue64
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Wants to meet you
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:39:40 PM

Every day a handful of women looking like victoria secret models say they want to meet me, I msg them, we hook up !

Lovin life !!!!!!

Lol.. love that one..
 CTRLvector
Msg: 6
Wants to meet you
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:36 PM
This is how POF works:

Keep track of the women who are new, do not use the "new users in your area" or whatever the fkk its called tab. That doesn't work. There are fake profiles, the fake profiles are created by f***-knows for whatever reason. Message every girl within your league, put effort into that message, and then if you get no replies back then whatever, its not important. What is important are the new users who swing in, the females who turn up as new users will fatigue quickly.

Mainly due to the non-effort inspired messages, but also because everyone within 75 miles is hitting them up for anything from nude pictures to just lewd correspondence to hate mail for them not responding to the likely 200 messages from different users they will receive in a given 48 hour period of time. I know this, because I had to figure out if I had to worry about STD's from a special new user I found. Created a profile in her images, found the guy, and subtly learned of their time together - as it turns out - they didn't f*** and I was in the clear. But I did learn of the female side of POF. Within 48 hours I shit you not, her pictures - the ones her and I took together with me cropped out poorly lol... received over 200 messages.

So the point is - pay attention to nothing else other than the amount of time the user has been on here. For fact that - new female users get picked up fast. And fact that the pictures of women who look above average that always seem to be online - but never hit you back - whatever they are, leave it if they don't respond to you. You can get butt hurt - or you can take my advice and be pragmatic, I made this dumpsterfire of a dating option work for me by figuring out the dynamics. You will be better of confronting women in person, if you half confidence - if you don't it will show on the date anyway. Good luck Chuck - Now you know - And knowing is half the battle... go joe.
Wants to meet you
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:25:13 AM
At this current moment, 651 men want to "meet me". Only 2 of those have actually messaged me and neither was my "type".

It is a good self esteem booster though! LOL
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Wants to Court You
Posted: 3/30/2015 1:29:02 PM
Whats the name of said planet?

The feature use to be broken, is it still?

That other site has an actual rating system..which translates into women rating you ACTUALLY 98%+ time actually interested( unless from too far away).

In any case there is actually a bot/application where people have it set it up to auto click people on the meet me function.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 10
Wants to Court You
Posted: 3/30/2015 2:15:15 PM

"Wants to meet you" only means they have clicked on your profile, which may mean...

I think you are confusing Meet Me with Viewed Me. With Meet Me, you are presented with the user's pictures and have the option of viewing their profile, and then you can answer Yes, Maybe, or No to whether you want to meet them. Maybe is treated just like a yes.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 11
Wants to Court You
Posted: 3/30/2015 2:45:27 PM

If she is interested she will respond, if not, NEXT!

Oh, I'm afraid you have this wrong.

You're supposed to write her, plan out your date, buy some nice gifts, envision your future with her, etc. When she doesn't respond, lock yourself in your bedroom for several days, and try to figure out why she did not respond.

Absolutely do NOT write another woman. Dwell for at least 3 weeks on the fact that THIS one got away from you. I mean, you WROTE her, this should have meant she was YOURS.

Finally, come to the forums and share your sob story. Fellow forumites will lift your spirits up by wholeheartedly agreeing with your notion that even people who do not find you the least bit appealing still owe you conversation online.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/4/2015 9:07:02 AM
I dont know what the deal is. It seems about 50/50 that the ones who hit meet me respond if I message them
I had a girl show up in the wants to meet me. I have seen her around my area in person before so I know she`s for real, and was surprised to see her on here at all, much more surprised that she had clicked on the meet me.
So I sent her a message and she all but cussed me out for "not reading her whole profile before messaging"
But I did read the whole thing. Her complaint had to do with her being taller and that she wanted someone who was at least eye to eye w/her which I did read in her profile and I had mentioned the height difference in my original message, and asked if she knew that I am a couple inches shorter than her when she clicked on the meet me.
And I told her this difference isnt a problem for me and if she wanted to get to know each other I`m open.
Ah well, I guess we live and learn, and sometimes we live and wonder wtf lol.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 13
Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/4/2015 10:27:04 AM
"Meet Me" is essentially worthless.

I'd like to know why you're worried about people who aren't giving you a shit about you, rather than expending your energy finding somebody who will...
 yourstillhere
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/4/2015 12:56:03 PM
Oh we have plenty of energy for both.
Us guys, sometimes when we dont understand what happens with someones interest we`ll have what can best be described as a reverse Jerry Maguire moment "....shut up! Just shut up ....you had me at get lost......you had me at get lost....."
 RR Man
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/17/2015 6:48:12 PM

I love the meet me feature !

I call it Jumanji. Push that "yes" button and who knows what's going to happen.
 JSNC7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:24:47 PM
*********** Has anyone else experienced this? **************

YES!

3 years ago, A woman put me in her POF Favorites, and it automatically sent me a note, stating that she wanted to meet me. Neither one of us saw the other's profile as potential relationship material, but we agreed to get to know each other as potential friends. We then met in person.

Situations are not always what they appear to be, at first.

Fast forward - 3 years later. We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary, in a romantic relationship!

Best wishes to all of you!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Wants to meet you