Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Emotional connection?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
Emotional connection?Page 1 of 1    
If you have one of those boring 'interview' dates with someone you don't really care what they think afterwards, there probably wasn't much of an 'emotional' connection. Some people scan through their laundry list of 'interests' with the other party to see what matches, but never bother asking HOW MUCH interest they hold in anything particular. That kind of stuff loses emotional connections pretty fast. The devil is in the details, and there's all kinds of nonverbal cues and spoken things that get missed or avoided than can drop interest.

The daters that make that snap decision the second you meet to NOT like someone really annoy the crap outta me. They make that decision to lock someone out emotionally before you even get to say, "Hi." Not a lot of people are like that, but they do exist. I almost feel like they need a smack upside the head to snap them out of their self-righteous stupor. They are the ones that spend a lot of the rest of the date smiling and nodding and not saying anything, because they don't want to send 'signals' that can be misunderstood as interest. Why they even stay five minutes, I'll never know.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Emotional connection?