Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Electric Pressure Cooker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Electric Pressure CookerPage 1 of 1    
We have an electric pressure cooker, haven't used it yet, anyone have some recipes and/or useful hints? The kids like spicy stuff, Korean/Asian, Mexican and I like good old American comfort food and can't take spicy, so really any recipe you have cooked this way and found it worked well. Also we are interested in cooking stock from meat bones and freezing it, any things work better than other things? We are totally uninformed about pressure cookers. Thank you.
 raxarsr
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 3/27/2015 8:13:44 AM
never used one......know folks that do.........its basically the opposite of a slow cooker.............basically the same food....but fast
 Dovelett
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:13:36 PM
You'll love it simple n easy clean ups. Add wine liquids of any kind n seasonings with the meats n poultry. Chili don't even presoak beans. You'll find your own time for cooking things from what instructions states. Mine browns, Been cooking with one since I was 16
 Dovelett
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:44:27 PM
Here is just one site on line for pressure cooking recipes. http://www.powerpressurecooker.com/recipes/ Lots others to look at. Should help you out with many
 chameleonf
Msg: 5
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:34:41 PM
I've never had an electric pressure cooker, just stove top varieties. I keep two sizes - one is 21 litres..lol...for doing huge batches (I can throw 3 chicken carcasses in it or a couple of huge ham bones) and canning. The other small size for doing up one meal recipes. They're great for making soups and stews especially - my favourites are potato/ham/leek, beef barley, chicken soup, bean soup and oxtail soup. Other things that work well in them are corned beef and pork chops (seared first). I have a slow cooker as well but I still can't do without a pressure cooker. There are soooo many excellent recipes online. Have fun - I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you get used to it.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 6
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 7/22/2015 9:31:00 AM
I'm cooking a pulses sabzi dinner for my s.o.'s family, and sure wish I had a pressure cooker; it would have taken less time.

I have read a electric pressure cooker vs a convention pressure cooker. Which one do you prefer. And any brand of electric pressure cookers you like over another, have tried, cooks well?
 Dovelett
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 7/22/2015 12:52:34 PM
Yes, pressure cooker will definitely help with all those wonderful delicious dishes like japuri or other great dishes with curry ñ etc.
those beans ñ roots cook much quicker and save time
I think you will be happier finding a pressure cooker that slow cooks Browns pressure cooks n simmers ñ the whole works. . Chef Ming Tsai has just that new pressure cooker on either HSN - QVC or one one those. Ming Tsai is a chef his brand just came out with. Hope this helps He has own web site ñ this one does it all. I will order one soon
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 8
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 7/22/2015 1:29:09 PM
Thanks for the lead.

I went to the HSN site, and they're sold out. I also went to his site, and nothing.

I'll keep shopping around.
 Dovelett
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 7/22/2015 2:01:01 PM
eternitygrace

Sorry they were sold out - but call hsn and ask them to let U know when it comes back on sale for $ 99.00 for 6 qt. please post some our recipes . Thanks
 Dovelett
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 7/24/2015 5:05:27 PM
Chicken Slow Cooked or Pressure Cooked
2 to 3 lbs. chicken pieces
1) 2/3 oz. package Italian salad dressing mix* see below
4 Tbsps. melted butter (divided
1 small onion chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1) 10½ oz. can Cream of Chicken soup
8 ozs. cream cheese
1⁄2 c. chicken broth

Place chicken pieces in crock pot ñ sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a pan - sauté onion with garlic. Add soup - cream cheese - chicken broth. Stir till smooth.
Add this mixture to crock pot - cook on LOW an additional hour.

Or as above but in pressure cooker all at once – not separate pans ñ sit chicken on a rack in cooker.
Pressure cook~ 35 to 40 minutes. *Can add green roasted chiles diced or in strips in place of Italian Salad dressing as much as U want with a little cilantro leaves or parsley diced up.
 Dovelett
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Electric Pressure Cooker
Posted: 8/22/2015 1:05:01 PM
Chicken Browned and Cooked in 25 Minutes

1) 2 lb. chicken whole rinse ñ pat dry well
2 Tbsps. olive oil
salt ñ pepper with some garlic granular all over
1½ c. water or chicken broth or mix with white wine YUM
Lemon zest all over the chicken is optional but so delicious

Rinse chicken ñ pat dry. Season with all seasonings

Place oil in pot of pressure cooker ñ press button to brown – heat oil in uncovered pressure cooker - brown chicken on all sides in hot oil. Remove chicken.

Place rack in pressure cooker ñ place browned chicken on rack. Now add lemon zest if using all over or can add inside the chicken also. Add water or broth or mix with wine around chicken.

Put lid on ñ lock into place – set to pressure cooker timer 25 minutes.

Release pressure by quick release method Be careful. I just place a tee towel over the value ñ turn to release steam for fast method.

Remove chicken to platter - pour accumulated juice into bowl ñ serve with chicken.

Notes~ Browning chicken really makes a great taste and so fast - easy.
Southwestern style chicken ~ use cumin powder – oregano – garlic onion granular – cilantro – lemon juice – oil – chili powder or use some green chili’s added
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Electric Pressure Cooker