Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A hopeless romantic?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
A hopeless romantic?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Exactly...you have the inaugural date successfully arranged.
Now you can methodically cross each bridge as you arrive to it.
Have fun and good luck.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 6
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/30/2015 9:28:55 AM
Co dependent. Stalker? Possibly histrionic. Doormat. Boring. High maintenance, believes in fairy tales.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 8
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/30/2015 10:21:47 AM

what is the general thought when one lists this on her profile?

I think they have the "hopeless" part correct, but the jury is still out on the "romantic" part.
 gtomustang
Msg: 9
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/30/2015 10:55:54 AM
Its interesting when someone defines themselves as a noun rather than an adjective. Consider, for example, the guy who says he's "funny", to the guy who declares he's a "funny guy". One is just being, the other sees a role he must play in social situations.

a HR may be more interested in the relationship/situation, than in the person in front of them. They may expect roles to be played. things to happen. In the end, as always, its best to just observe the person, see what they do and listen to what they say...and decide then.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/30/2015 7:31:33 PM
My sense is that declaring oneself to be a 'romantic,' is generally positive. The one small thing to keep in mind, is that the concept of what a 'romantic' is, is shaped by a lot of things, and is actually only vaguely defined. One person's "romantic gesture" is another's manipulative trick, and yet another's corny game.

Not something to really worry over, but rather something to relax and explore in each other.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 11
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/30/2015 8:53:08 PM
I'm leery of hopeless romantics. They tend to become clinging vines that want your undivided attention. I didn't hire on to be a caretaker for love starved individual.
 You_Never_Knew_Me
Msg: 12
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 3/31/2015 12:08:46 AM
Well I'm a hopeless romantic with emphasis on the hopeless which would explain why I'm single.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 17
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/10/2015 7:24:57 PM

shes told me a few times she did not want to break my heart if something came up or if she found someone else..

What the ever loving eff is that supposed to mean?

Then she

However the stuff she did on her part was changed her relationship on facebook to engaged to me which caused a huge sir on both of us

and

...she was like I better be the only girl you talk to.

but yet she is concerned she will break your heart if SHE FINDS SOMEONE ELSE.

OP, OP, OP, you have the patience of Job. This one sounds just as whackadoo as the last one that you were going on vacation with.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 19
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/10/2015 8:27:19 PM
What does she mean "walked in on this"? What did you walk in on?
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 21
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/10/2015 9:59:19 PM
She changed her facebook status to engaged to you but when you went on vacation she told you she'll let you know if she wants to be in a relationship with you?

Sounds like she has a fantasy in mind and thinks you're fluffing the lines on your part of the script.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 22
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/10/2015 10:02:18 PM
MCL4
She is one crazy lady and I would not be meeting her anytime soon.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 25
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 3:56:25 AM

However the stuff she did on her part was changed her relationship on facebook to engaged to me which caused a huge sir on both of us.. she became good friends with my mom and told me I'm going to be her future daughter in-law..

When is the wedding?
 daynadaze
Msg: 26
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 7:41:01 AM
It can work when two people like the same thing, like with you two, it's all the drama.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 28
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 12:07:50 PM
A hopeless nutcase, more likely.

You too, OP. This is not what a healthy relationship looks like.
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 29
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 2:16:48 PM
No such thing as a hopeless romantic. As long as you are alive, there is always hope for romance.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 3:15:51 PM
^that's true, but first one must define what romantic means to them, then accept if their meaning of romance is making them happy or driving them insane. And then one would have to look at what they are getting out of it all, no one sticks around unless they are getting something out of the situation.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 31
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 4:19:09 PM
MCL4- Well, you have yet to meet her, so you have to promise to go and come back and tell us how it goes. (I hope it goes well)
One tip for you-men sometimes say they don't know what women want, well,we want one who listens.
Lightning practically struck in my living room when I read your comment that she told you she likes photography.
Call her and tell her you want her to bring her photos on the date, that you want to see them (and bring yours, too).
I PROMISE you that will tell her volumes about you, in a good way. :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 5:54:23 PM
Bama...The OP did meet her and has been dating her about a month. See msg.21 for his update.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 33
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/11/2015 8:22:51 PM
Cooldog65- Oh boy, this is one that I could have read everything and should have. :0
Reading everything from post#21 until now puts things in a different perspective.
Op, you are a good person that may be falling into the trap of trying to fix someone, or thinking you can rescue her.
You can't, that's on her.
She has gone from telling you that you have to wait until June,after she goes on vacation, for her to tell you where the relationship is going to telling you to forget about her because she is depressed.
I only know your side, I can't say whether or not she really is depressed or if she is a manipulator that will play you like a violin until the strings break, but either way, do either of these possibility's sound like good options to you?!
My advice has changed, I see you headed for disaster with this one, Op, which is why I now suggest that you........
RUN!
 cooldog65
Msg: 36
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/12/2015 5:12:59 PM
OP...

In my opinion, playing hard to get = playing games. A lot of time and energy being wasted here. I would walk away.
 Fabreezey
Msg: 37
view profile
History
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/12/2015 5:27:29 PM
There's a lot of hopeless romantics out there. They have a tendency of idealising their perfect partner and putting them on a pedestal. Once the dust settles and disappointment sets in I'm afraid there's only way for you to go from that pedestal. Depending on how high it is, let's just hope you have a soft landing.....
 Joegl209
Msg: 38
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/12/2015 5:32:38 PM

I would walk away

He should run away and not look back! Just my two cents!
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:13:26 AM
sure she wants YOU to call her daily. she's in a situation she's not keen on, and she wants some relief. of course, you'll have to do the work so if it comes to light, she can blame you. sounds like a horrible princess story, where she's getting married to keep the power and the crown but she really wants to bang the knight.

she tells you to keep your heart guarded? why, b/c it works so well for her so far? we humans tend to advise people to do what we do...since we're so familiar with it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
A hopeless romantic?
Posted: 6/1/2015 10:30:15 PM
the problem with being a "hopeless romantic", is the word "hopeless" means to be literally, "without hope". why live that way? it must be cheaper to just walk over to the nearest door, drop trou, put your nuts in the doorway and throw the door closed.

why not be proactive and go out and seek happiness, rather than seek failure?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A hopeless romantic?