Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > what is more important to the older woman in a boyfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sailinges
Msg: 1
what is more important to the older woman in a boyfriend?Page 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Fitness and health, or financial success?. Would you rather be dating the pudgy banker who can barely walk a few city blocks but can wine and dine you, or the just getting by alligator hunter who can hike for days but lives only a middle class lifestyle but still takes care of business.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what is more important to the older woman in a boyfriend?
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:38:35 AM
I think the alligator hunter, but he hasn't offered himself to me, and neither has the banker. So this is a silly question.
 DietFree
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:05:16 AM
Maybe, if you had a car, you wouldn't have to walk for days.
 sailinges
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:50:29 AM
First of all, I have an old pickup that does just fine for good women. Second, I can hike for miles and miles and it is mandatory that women I date eventually be able to keep up with me. Hiking is not hard but it does take the right shoes, the right attitude, fitness and some ability. Sometimes I actually have to teach women to place one foot in front of the other, to watch where they are going, to watch out for stumps and logs, to keep their center of balance when walking up or down hills. Those who are unwilling to learn I find very frustrating. Some of them look like they have never learned to walk. They also need to learn how to camp and cook with camping utensils over a propane stove. I carry the pack, they need to know what to do with what I carry. I don't think this is asking too much. If they would rather be driving in a BMW with some banker sort eating Filet Mignon and drinking expensive wine, they are not for me. And they are losing out.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:12:09 AM
Do we have a hiker match for you!!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:31:31 AM
I'll take "D" None of the above.

How come I can't have a healthy banker who can walk and lives a middle class
lifestyle?

And what would I want with an alligator?
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:37:47 AM
If you bothered to post recent, smiling pictures of yourself hiking and having fun, you would attract more adventurous, athletic women. I am an energetic and passionate hiker who ignores men with no photos. I assume you are hiding something unsavory, likely married.

Kindness, respect, intelligence and a great sense of humor are the most important qualities I want in a man. In my profile I wrote:

"I'm seeking a reasonably fit, intelligent man with a great sense of humor who treats me with love, respect and kindness. I want a man who shares my healthy lifestyle. Do you enjoy hiking? Let's go! I miss the tender touch, laughter, intimacy, conversation, teamwork and fun of a committed, loving relationship."

After years of looking for the right man, I feel delighted and grateful to have found him. Together we will soon deactivate our online dating profiles. I am here for the forums only.
 sailinges
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:39:06 AM
I live a middle class life style. I go to movies and restaurants just like everybody else. Walking and the air and the beach are free. Restaurants may not be New York's best, but who needs that?

Women are just so difficult. Why can't they lay back and enjoy life. Why do they always need the next best greatest thing? So many dates . . so many problems. Lots of women. its not me. I am always the perfect gentleman. There has to be a match, right? I'm not asking for the moon. And I'm not asking for marriage. At this stage of my life, I get that is probably a lost cause.

And what is with the women on this site? Going through profiles, there are tons of women who admit to being fifty, etc. but set their age requirements at much younger than themselves. What's that all about? Who do they think they are kidding?
 sailinges
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:40:27 AM
I'm not hiding anything. I have dated lots of women . . and I would rather they not know I am on a dating board right now, that's all. I may post a picture after I have been here for a while. I will have to wait and see how this all works out.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:51:20 AM
I think that we are seeing a potentially glorious match made in heaven right here!
Sailinges, what are your feelings about the greater Wenatchee, Washington area?

browneyesboo
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:54:19 AM
Awww...geez.
Are you boohooing because you're a nice guy and you can't find a nice
woman who appreciates you?

If there are so many dates and so many woman and it's not working out,
at some point you have to realize your responsibility in the mismatches.

And realize, OLD is not for everyone.
Some people do better IRL.

Realize also no one likes whiners.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:54:42 AM
"Women are just so difficult. Why can't they lay back and enjoy life. Why do they always need the next best greatest thing? So many dates . . so many problems. Lots of women. its not me. I am always the perfect gentleman. There has to be a match, right? I'm not asking for the moon. And I'm not asking for marriage. At this stage of my life, I get that is probably a lost cause."

Wow, you generalize. Many women are frugal and simple but you don't apparently find that type. You are the one picking the high maintenance ones. Maybe they aren't high maintenance either, but you are low maintenance. Being a "gentleman" is not a guarantee you get the hottie you are holding out for. Clearly, the most sought after, have better options than you.

"And what is with the women on this site? Going through profiles, there are tons of women who admit to being fifty, etc. but set their age requirements at much younger than themselves. What's that all about? Who do they think they are kidding?"

Ask the same of yourself. Men are always trying to date younger, but if a woman does, how is that wrong? People are as picky as what works for them. Your chauvinism is apparent.
 sailinges
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:58:10 AM
I am not saying I am a nice guy. I am saying I am a good catch. I am optimistic about life, make a living so I can pay my own bills, I am intelligent, well read, have a few college courses under my belt, I am fit and healthy. I am unencumbered by alimony, child support obligations or children, I am easy going and positive about life. Is it asking too much to have a fit and healthy and intelligent woman who can hike and cook and enjoy life? It seems so.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:10:55 AM
Dude...your potential match is participating in this very thread!
Open your eyes to see the light. Head west, young man!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:11:53 AM
We're all good catches in here.
You won't find anyone saying "I suck, don't date me!".
There are also no bad ex's on here (I suspect they go to another
site, but I'm not sure)

Honestly, nothing you say about yourself makes you special or
different in any way.

Maybe online just doesn't work for you.
Have you no way to meet woman in real life?

and PS...your potential match is already taken sorry to say.
Read above. Post #7
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:16:38 AM
personally, i demand fitness, health AND financial success. isn't that just typical?

Would you rather be dating the pudgy banker who can barely walk a few city blocks but can wine and dine you, or the just getting by alligator hunter who can hike for days but lives only a middle class lifestyle but still takes care of business

this makes no sense unless you think a middle class lifestyle is "just getting by".
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:28:30 AM

sailings: Is it asking too much to have a fit and healthy and intelligent woman who can hike and cook and enjoy life? It seems so.

I asked the same about men. As we get older, I've found the number of physically fit, active men who can still hike in our age group is rapidly decreasing each year. I was looking for a extremely rare man, particularly a man my age who wants a loving relationship.

I have dated uber athletes: supremely fit men with rocking bodies from hiking, rock climbing, downhill and backcountry skiing and bicycle riding. These exceptional men could have any woman they wanted, from ages 20 and up. And they did.

You are looking for a woman who can cook? Does this mean you cannot cook? Pass. Cooking for yourself is a basic life skill. I refuse to be a kitchen slave.

have a few college courses under my belt

You think this will attract intelligent women? I have a master degree. Although there are exceptions, I have found men with a bachelor or master degree are more interesting and intellectually stimulating.

I am saying I am a good catch.

You sound awfully high on yourself. I suggest you bring the self-congratulatory verbiage down a notch, and focus on treating women (and all people) with kindness and respect.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:30:00 AM

I am saying I am a good catch

shout it from the rooftops. it's irrelevant until someone agrees with you.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:35:39 AM
Yes Op you should shun us for being so very difficult. I have taken to hearing Chuck H say lines from POA when I read rants
""Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
* waits patiently for Demi to arrive and say amen to the sermon "
 browneyesboo
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:40:23 AM

You sound awfully high on yourself.

Oh my goodness.

This post wins the internet for today!

and maybe tomorrow too.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with being high on one's self.
It's having to point it out so others can see that sort of invalidates
it.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:42:40 AM

Posted by Ouija2025:
" I have taken to hearing Chuck H say lines from POA when I read rants."

Chuck Haytaian? That is the only Chuck H. that I can think of from off-the-cuff.
 sailinges
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:52:12 AM
This thread has gone astray from the purpose I posted it. I asked a simple question. Essentially comes down to what is more important to a woman over forty. . . a physically fit guy, or a guy with money. I have lots to offer . . .just not a lot of money. But I get by.
 DietFree
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:52:40 AM

m not hiding anything. I have dated lots of women . . and I would rather they not know I am on a dating board right now, that's all.

Your hiding your photos....maybe you owe those women money or your in a paternity suit ....who knows. Who cares?

Everyone on this site wants their potential SO to be healthy, fit and financial secure.
 sailinges
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:56:41 AM
Yes, the best of both worlds. But one must be more important than another to most women.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/14/2015 10:00:23 AM

This thread has gone astray from the purpose I posted it. I asked a simple question. Essentially comes down to what is more important to a woman over forty. . . a physically fit guy, or a guy with money. I have lots to offer . . .just not a lot of money. But I get by.

Sadly, most women (and men if the situation was reversed) need more options.
What you're asking is why you can't find a woman that wants you and you think
it has to do with money.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > what is more important to the older woman in a boyfriend?