Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 1
"I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Oh, wow. Look at this. This is the first time I've created my own thread. Forgive me for getting a little misty eyed.

Ok, now that I've regained my composure, I just want to say I've seen this hackneyed phrase on dozens of profiles, and I can't help but wonder if this is really 100% accurate.

Now sure, one could say a "man" is not a necessity per se, but I can't help but feel there's a certain element of "need" in the equation. For the life of me, I can't compare "wanting" a life partner to wanting a new car, house, or any other material item. Oh, and before any women decide to jump all over this and scream "well, what about the MEN?!?!", yes, I believe there's an element of need for men, as well, it's just that I've simply never heard a man utter these words in reference to women.

So, this one's for you, over-thinkers, hair splitters, and analysts. Have a field day with it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:47:24 PM
If you got misty eyed by creating your own thread, you're going to downright sob when you find that this topic has been done a number of times, and yup, a lot of the men have expressed their "need" for a woman...or was that "needs" of a different definition....
 MissScawlett
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:48:01 PM
I need a man ... to do everything I don't want to do ... like sticking his hand down the garbage disposal lol
 Dee4166
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:48:30 PM
Pretty simple for me really....

That's somebody saying that they CHOOSE to have a relationship rather than need to CONSTANTLY be in one....

Or else it's one of those women who are very insistent that they are VERY independent when the reverse is closer to the actual truth...

Unfortunately anyone who 'announces' something like that is usually BEHAVING in the exact, opposite way...but THAT'S another story entirely.....

LOL
Enough 'hair-splitting' for you there? LOL

Congrats on breaking you 'thread cherry' there..... ;-)
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:51:32 PM
I associate that phrase with chip-on-shoulder, based on how the rest of those profiles have typically read.
 nhtds231
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:58:12 PM
I am glad I could celebrate this event with you sir, lol

Need: Air, Food, Shelter

Want/Desire: Love, Companionship, A sense of Belonging, Someone to share, grow old with and do body shots on Saturday Night.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:05:02 PM

If you got misty eyed by creating your own thread, you're going to downright sob when you find that this topic has been done a number of times, and yup, a lot of the men have expressed their "need" for a woman...or was that "needs" of a different definition....

Well, I put my subject line in the search, and nothing came up.

Oh, well. I look forward to the display of love that will inevitably occur here.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:05:39 PM

For the life of me, I can't compare "wanting" a life partner to wanting a new car, house, or any other material item.

Huh. That's exactly how I DO see it. I mean, having a car enhances a person's life, but you certainly don't need one.

I don't put that statement on my profile, though. If it rubs men the wrong way, why ruffle feathers?
 chameleonf
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:15:46 PM
Need and want all rolled into one, sometimes hard to define and separate a need from a want for some people:

"You Really Got A Hold On Me"

I don't like you, but I love you
Seems that I'm always thinkin' of you
You treat me badly, I love you madly
You've really got a hold on me
[...]

Baby, I don't want you, but I need you
Don't wanna kiss you, but I need to
You do me wrong now, my love is strong now
[...]
Baby, I love you and all I want you to do
Is just hold me, hold me, hold me, hole me
Tighter, tighter

I wanna leave you, don't wanna stay here
Don't wanna spend another day here
I wanna split now, I can't quit now
[...]

Baby, I love you and all I want you to do
Is just hold me, hold me, hold me, hold me
(Please, squeeze)
[...]
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:19:50 PM
I think most women just don't know how to write. they're doing the best they can with their limited powers of persuasion to suggest that they aren't 'needy', because that would insinuate they're either vulnerable to being taken advantage of, or likely to ask for financial support/meals on wheels.

they know you want them to want them.

I've simply never heard a man utter these words in reference to women.

no big surprise that women use different language patterns than men. men are always 'looking'. these are all headlines from the first three pages in my area:
- I am looking for an honest kind person
- Look my way!
- looking for somebody somebody real
- looking for miss right
- looking for me?
- Looking for that special one
- looking for that special lady
- Looking for a keeper
- looking for friends
- Looking for the one that completes me
- Looking for you!?
- looking for love
- Looking for a good woman

after that I got bored. 3 pages or 3 years is about all i'm good for, whichever comes first.
 nhtds231
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:32 PM
Oh-ho, I need you by me
To guide me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad

hahaha
 daynadaze
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 2:23:31 PM
I don't critique other people's profile, if I don't like something I move on. Why they have that there or what they mean by it is going to be their personal reasoning. It doesn't matter. If it did matter to me, I'd ask them.
 Maleman999
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:05:52 PM
I NEED a woman because I WANT her to get me a beer when the hockey game starts.
 daynadaze
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:08:56 PM
What? No sandwich?
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:19:35 PM
OP...Are you offended somehow that a woman would want you?
I have seen a headline once.....with "I need a woman now".....I just smirked and thought...Wow, he may have to buy one with that header.
Now that I think of it....Maybe, he was being "facetious"...who knows? Shrugs!
I don't look at it as any red flag...like Motown says...some of "us" just aren't very articulate.
I steal stuff all the time.
 kj521
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:21:17 PM
Well.....I want it all !

I want him to want me....
in fact.... I need him to need me
And I would love him to love me
I'll even beg him to beg me..... :D
 chameleonf
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:22:29 PM

I steal stuff all the time.

But do you need it or do you want it??
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:31:09 PM
Exactly! Id like to know what a man needs a woman for? Only thing I can think of is sex.
--------------------------------

Ding! We have a winner! Why else would gender matter?
 Hearton64
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:31:58 PM
So you're not a thread virgin anymore, ey?
Did it hurt?

Exactly! Id like to know what a man needs a woman for? Only thing I can think of is sex.
--------------------------------

Hey now I believe I'm needed for more so speak for yourself lady! ; )

"I don't NEED a man I WANT a man"sounds like
the liberated modern woman's equivalent to saying she's independant
and self sufficient enough to go it alone, but if she happens
to find someone "worthy" of her amazingness she'll have a go at it.

Sort of her way of saying she's afraid of relying on a man out of fear
she'll become to dependant on him.

I'll be the first to admit I need a man and want my man as I'm not
so full of it to think I don't.

He can do all the things I can't and I can do all the things he can't
and that's what makes a great partnership!

We so need men as women and there's no shame in that!

So THANK YOU MEN for existing!
 kj521
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:48:13 PM
Ms.Vickie.....

Since the Oh So Handsome Eric Summit hasn't chimed in....I will let you in on a secret.
My above post is modified Cheap Trick lyrics.

But my point was.....
I am hoping for a man who wants, needs, loves, desires.....and basically feels everything for me just I want to feel for him. :)
 Hearton64
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/20/2015 3:54:42 PM
Kj...I nominate you the BIGGEST FLIRT in the forums!

You seem to need a man sooner than later. ; )

Hot, funny and kind?

What's the problem?
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:01:41 PM
Well, I'm going with Hearton and aver that I NEED a woman in my life; and no, I'm not restricting that need to sex. I've given this a lot of thought over the past several years as I've evaluated my life , it's deficiencies, the lives of those I've known and that which has enhanced and that which has detracted.
I do not need a woman to complete me. While as a whole I am pretty INcomplete I do not believe it is possible for a woman to make me whole nor do I think that is her place in life. Rather, I recognize that there is a place in my life that only a woman can fill - a void, an emptiness that is shaped/formed so that a woman fits in there, if not perfectly, then sufficiently so that I know I am missing an empty place. When son's mom and I started drifting apart and no matter what we did could bring us back together I started to feel that place opening and emptying. To a certain degree I went of the rails. It took me several years and lot a little introspection to figure out what was making me so crazy (yes, I'm using that word in it's technical sense and not disparage and particular person or entity - however, if it feels apropos it may very be). And not any ol' woman can fill that space, but I am willing to look with the effort necessary to make that part whole. If women have something similar I wouldn't mind hearing their views.

Scripture says that it is not good for man to be alone. I agree. The only thing I think that could be worse for most men is to be with the wrong woman (wait, let me be PC here for a moment, wrong person). I've lived with men who live alone and I've got to say the results are not attractive. Men can die from the inside out, do stupid stuff because there's no one being mature or because they're looking for attention, etc.

I think there is something settling about you women that makes us men, well, men. When I have a woman dynamically part of my life I want to do more, I have the energy, I want to be better. I want to be a MAN, and all that entails.

Perhaps it is a bit of biological or spiritual gestalt: that the sum of a man and woman together is vastly more and better than the sum of their individual selves.

TK
[yeah, I need a woman]
 kj521
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:07:48 PM
Lol! Ms. Heart on!

Does the title come with a sparkly tiara? :)

I do need a man! I do! I do! I do!
And I want one with a slow hand....a lover with an easy touch.....
Finding him is the problem! Cause gosh darn it....hot, funny, and kind are all subjective. :)

And p.s.....Eric is use to my flirting.....doesn't even faze him anymore!
Hey....don't judge! I gotta practice for the real thing. :)
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:14:18 PM
@Male - not really the reply I was hoping for.
----------------------------------------
If it weren't for sex, what difference would it make whether the person I'm talking to for whatever other reason is male or female? I certainly don't need anyone to do anything for me, male or female.
 chameleonf
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:20:09 PM

If it weren't for sex, what difference would it make whether the person I'm talking to for whatever other reason is male or female? I certainly don't need anyone to do anything for me, male or female.

So, you don't NEED sex. Sex is a requirement to keep the human race existing. Unless you are wanting to have children, you don't need sex - you simply want it. You won't die without it...although you might feel like killing someone if you don't get it. Ergo, Mr. MaleFeasance wants a woman! Case solved (in his case).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"