Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > okay i got to put this down somewhere      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 enahysia
Msg: 1
view profile
History
okay i got to put this down somewherePage 1 of 1    
God. is it a man? a bearded wise man who lives in the clouds?

is it an energy that flows through us all?

i ask this magician, how can one create without reference.... life existed before God or you or me

its just here

eternal

no need for a start or end.

but did it start? no worries, that answer has no effect on the overall answer.

life is ****ing amazing people, and those around you are loving and righteous.

god did not give you that half smoked cig, that person did. people care... i hate when people say they are blessed. like they are so much more important to everyone else in the universe

sorry im drunk and lonely so im posting here.

seriously tho, everyone keep zen and may the sun shine brightly on you all
 gingerosity
Msg: 2
view profile
History
okay i got to put this down somewhere
Posted: 5/2/2015 10:53:41 PM

God is an emergent phenomenon that arises from the complex interactions of drunk and lonely people.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/3/2015 6:11:30 AM
congratulations for drunk-posting in the philosophy forum, bukowski. that's awesome.

i hate when people say they are blessed. like they are so much more important to everyone else in the universe

I agree with you there... like why would god single anyone out by healing their liver when there are so many dying babies covered with flies in some war-torn country? it's barf material.

speaking of barf material... hope you're not too hung over!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2015 8:15:11 AM
Obviously, wrestling with such things while drunk isn't generally recommended, but I'll just suggest one bit of logic to include in your reasonings.

That is, that it's important to take the time to separate out what people SAY about things, and what people who pretend to believe in DO, from the actual thing itself.

You no doubt already know that no one should make judgments about you, based on what some jerk down the street says about you. The same thing applies to subjects as complicated as belief systems, too.

Even the most pure and wonderful basic belief in the world, gets corrupted and used as a cudgel by SOMEONE. Freedom of the individual is fabulous and important, but when a sociopath or a paranoid fanatic champions freedom, we would usually do well to lock them up.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > okay i got to put this down somewhere