Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Hello I am the new Self Appointed Moderator      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 miss_arsse
Msg: 1
Hello I am the new Self Appointed ModeratorPage 1 of 1    
So okay, clearly all you are idiots that can’t help but look like fools in the forums so I have nominated myself to replace Miss Allison. My name is Miss_Arsse. The newly and improved self appointed user made forum moderator to rule you all.

You thought she was tough? Wait until you get a taste of me. I’m going to duct tape you to chairs and make you smell my farts as I sing opera from Madame Butterfly.

Then my first act as the new reigning moderator is to declare that Pig get a face transplant cause I’m tired of looking at his face as it looks like a can of crushed aholes. Even better we’d be cooking with gas if we put clooneystutor’s face on a hot body with Piggies hair. Who’s body should we use? Maybe Ouija2025’s just to mess with all you dudes with latent homosexual tendencies. With Pigs hair and her tatas and Clooney’s face you’d all be lost. But could clooneystutor pull of Piggy’s scary scowl? Me doubt it is possible but I’d be willing to pay for a ring seat to see he try.

As for Halcyon Skies doesn’t everyone know she is really a sock puppet??? I don’t know why she would think Pig would ever speak so rudely to anyone. After all he is just the shining example of what a real gentleman is like. So think about it. Sock puppet? Alien transplant? Or is she really Tall_IQ2 and wants you to see her dance in her emperors new clothes. She can dance, and well for the rest of us:
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.

In the meantime I have to say how saddened I was to see our bird of flight, Hawking has denied his love affair with the now defunct former moderator. I think their love child would had looked a little like Ernie from Sesame Street but with bigger freak eyes. I wonder if anyone would be inspired as much as I am to post their private emails. Come on Hawking fess up before I mess up. Imagine the insanity if it was leaked he was a secret reporting source for the mods. Oh the inhumanity!

There ya go. Let’s see how much this post will make you morons spin.
Can you ring it up to 25 pages and make my day?

Someone else said it best

Maybe, just maybe, if you took your head out of your a$$es, you might finally get the f off this site. You people are the most easiest to bait, and your opinions...wow, love to read them, and bait you people. No one wants to be with you because of your opinions on everything. No wonder many of you were dumped. So easy to create a bs profile and bait you people.

With that single comment you have all allowed yourselves to look like idiots by feeding that post.
I’m sure they loved it as I know I certainly did.
Why am I posting this today, well I'm bored and you guys are better than watching soaps.

We are Anonymous.
We DDoS love to mess with you.

I AM THE WALRUS!
 MissScawlett
Msg: 2
Hello I am the new Self Appointed Moderator
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:38:33 AM
I didn't see my user name mentioned ... I guess I'm safe from ridicule lol
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:45:55 AM
It seems self appointed moderators have the same life span as a guy wearing a red shirt on the original Star Trek
 overunity
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 9:00:42 AM
Will the coffee club novelists be banned?
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2015 1:38:58 PM
How utterly stupid and pointless.

Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2015 4:52:22 PM

I think their love child would had looked a little like Ernie from Sesame Street but with bigger freak eyes.

Lol.!
I don't know about whom he was talking, But only to imagine Ernie, made me laugh.
Some people have a really humorous imagination.!!
 Peas_
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/6/2015 7:03:02 PM
bwahahaha, I'm a newbie, so this is gonna be good. :P
 cooldog65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2015 7:57:08 AM

I AM THE WALRUS!

I've seen this before. I can't recall who did this.

vvvvv I meant to say that somebody use to end their post with that phrase in all caps.
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2015 8:01:02 AM
Cooldog....the answer you seek is within :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evxrVjW-aeg
 irishgirl772
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2015 10:14:25 AM
Msg 9. I think it was that silly awesomefifty/wizard of oz/ed jacobs or who ever he was that used the walrus line..
 justdeb1111
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/8/2015 1:44:36 PM

I AM THE WALRUS!

Is there a separate name for a female walrus? You are definitely female--pretty obvious by who you attacked as to who you are as well.

Apparently the Op figured a way to get around the vote off of this silly post. Multiple accounts I am sure.

PigOfYourDreams is the bomb, our own forum Fabio :P.

ClooneysTutor is my secret sex slave--and someday I'll tell him about it when Mordred, er, Markus loosens up on the ludicrous age boundaries.

Don't know, haven't shared much posting banter with Ouija, but, she is cute, articulate and makes sense--qualities that would make a walrus-harpy jealous and vindictive...yawn, just like junior high school.

Poor Hawking was sincere and verbose--more grist for the harpy's meatgrinder.

Don't know Halcyon except she bailed out of forums, never saw a post from TallIQ, I've been offline the last year on academic sabbatical.

Looks like the cafeteria bullies are trying to take over the forums because they are sooooo bored.

Seriously Markus, make the forums a part of paid membership only--allow everyone to read them but only paid members to post and outbreaks like the above petty tirade will STOP. They would have to end a paying account to hit and run and that isn't going to happen.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/9/2015 3:26:44 AM
Isn't this a Beatles' song? "I AM THE WALRUS"?

The person responsible for this is female, and it's obvious whom it is. She's also responsible for initiating scads of other posts to harass other users. She'll return and do the same shit, again.

I agree:

Seriously Markus, make the forums a part of paid membership only--allow everyone to read them but only paid members to post and outbreaks like the above petty tirade will STOP. They would have to end a paying account to hit and run and that isn't going to happen.

The substance-abusing window-washer won't be doing this, again, if this were made so.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2015 6:27:35 AM
Well, I don't know about your reasoning there, Eternity. In my long life (so far) dealing with people who spend money, I have found that it is all too common, that more of those who DO spend it, expect to be allowed to abuse others and to ignore rules, than do the people who are permitted to participate based on good behavior alone.

Among the most common phrases I hear uttered, or see written, is some form of "I paid a lot of hard cash for this, and I'm going to get my money's worth!"

Not to forget, that there is an entire subculture in this world, who pays huge sums, specifically so that they CAN abuse others (just heard a story on PBS about the local BDSM culture around DC).

Now, if someone found a way to charge people directly for each personal insult they gave, or for every abusive or specious post they put up, THAT might have the effect you want.
 CharminC
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/9/2015 9:36:40 AM
RE: The walrus
I may be mistaken but when "TallQ" was last here. I do believe he was the first to say that? but I have this gut feeling that at some point it wasn't him. Someone else was using his picture, pretending to him ... no? It was THAT person who said I am the walrus and continues to do so in various other profiles ie Markjacobs

I know I can be as wrong as the people who thought the world was flat.
It truly is all so confusing :(
I just wish it all would quit. It's not even remotely entertaining.

Now, if someone found a way to charge people directly for each personal insult they gave, or for every abusive or specious post they put up, THAT might have the effect you want.

+1
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/9/2015 10:45:17 AM

In my long life (so far) dealing with people who spend money, I have found that it is all too common, that more of those who DO spend it, expect to be allowed to abuse others and to ignore rules, than do the people who are permitted to participate based on good behavior alone.

Yup.!!
I agree with Igor 100 %
 justdeb1111
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/9/2015 1:11:32 PM

In my long life (so far) dealing with people who spend money, I have found that it is all too common, that more of those who DO spend it, expect to be allowed to abuse others and to ignore rules, than do the people who are permitted to participate based on good behavior alone.

Unfortunately Igor, PoF has left the forums to the sharks, they do not permit only those on good behavior to participate.

The rash of trash posts like this Op's will continue and will get worse until something is done to counter it. They can get other IP addresses (cell phones, library, friend's or relative's computers) a good bit easier than they can get credit card or paypal accounts. That is my main focus, to encourage PoF to open up the forums again on the log in page AND to make if very difficult for trolls to get away with what they have been doing anonymously, daily, since I relogged on here a month ago.

Post the forum rules on the forum log in page for those posting and allow full access to post to any paying client--but if the rules are abused that right goes away. It's real simple, they abuse a right, they lose it--though they paid for the account and it remains, and the ban is not initially forever. Belittling other posters simply to spout garbage as this Op did to Pigs, Clooney, Ouija, Hawking is NOT ok and WILL result in the loss of posting privileges, not the closing of the dating account *they paid for*.

Any business reserves the right not to serve. Had this Op walked into a bar and started spouting this crap--how long do you think she would have been permitted to stay? How long before a way to identify her and block her no matter what her disguise was found?

I've noticed that some of our really good posters have not been writing. The trolls are making them feel like what is the point, it's not fun, it's not stimulating, the forums have become a trash match. I am about there myself.
 CharminC
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2015 2:33:10 PM
[I've noticed that some of our really good posters have not been writing.]

It's because some are afraid of getting booted. I know I am at times. Case in point, Bluemoon. I know she's got a mouth on her like a trucker, and says like it is ... like Vector. BUT she never threatened anyone.
There are a few other posters I miss.
It's like a few posters have said in other threads, different people bring different flavors to the forums and I agree.
Just give temp bans with warnings. We are adults, give us a chance to ..............behave :P
What bites my ass is why are long time posters given the heavo-o and all these faceless, unrecongizable posters running amok ??!!!

I ran out of coffee. Fack, Im a bad mofo of a mood. .. and this issue is dear to me, Pof is a part of my timekilling activity for YEARS. I care about you all. This is bs.
GRRRRR

Dear new self appointed mod. Go shove a banana where the sun don't shine and suck a lemon.

My .o2
 justdeb1111
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/9/2015 3:00:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL

I'm thinking all of these new faceless posters are, what do they call them, sock puppets?
Also, what you said,

it's because some are afraid of getting booted. I know I am at times

I am also posting this here as a suggestion so as not to keep booting people that I've seen do not deserve it. No idea why the rash of bootings unless PoF is trying to clean up the forums--in which case they are doing it way the wrong way.

They say there is either no moderator for forums, or only one, depending on where you hear/who you ask. Either way, the status quo is not working when:

people are afraid to post

do not see the point in posting as the topics are mundane at best

that vitriol has taken over the forums in the form of hit and run trolls who then disappear.

I'd like to see some suggestions posted here other than my own that can address all of the above but still keep the forums free, but, I don't know that PoF, a business, that has already abandoned the forums is going to try to resurrect them without a $$ incentive.

At the very lease, they should WARN posters if they are over the line and WHY rather than boot them arbitrarily--they are doing this mostly to nonpaying posters from what I've seen. That is not the way to do this effectively.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2015 5:22:47 PM
Without policing, preferably by sane and well balanced people, no forum can avoid trolls and sock puppets.

Trolls do what they do because they are mentally ill, relative to everyone else. Rather than deriving positive feelings from improving their or someone else's lives, they conversely get mental thrills by upsetting other people. I have witnessed such people in person many times, unfortunately. When I first realized that they ARE mentally defective, it helped me tremendously to cope with them. I can usually calmly ignore them now, just as I can ignore anyone who has no sense of personal honor.

By automating things, a forum only invites such people to take over by creating multiple sock puppet clones of themselves, and using their multiplied "votes" to attack and destroy real sane people.

One thing in favor of your suggestion to make forums a paid privilege, is that it could provide funding to actually pay the moderators. After all, it takes a huge amount of work and time to do all the little tasks that are required. Having to check every report of a transgression or a non-TOS picture must be very wearing. More than one forum moderator has either turned out to have only volunteered because they were power hungry, or were driven more or less "mad," by the demands of the unpaid tasks.

But since paying mods would require setting up mod training, and published standards, and more such work to make it viable, I can't imagine anyone following through on it. No one was hired to utilize the various additional payments received from making all the other once free features for paid members only, and make those features work better, I'd be stunned if any forums anywhere decided to pay mods.
 cooldog65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2015 6:13:31 PM
One thing I observed about a lot of these new faceless profiles is how well formatted their posts are. It was a learning curve for me to learn to use the quote box and use better spacing to make my posts easier to read. I use a smartphone and I'm sure others do, too.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/6/2019 6:24:16 PM

As for Halcyon Skies doesn’t everyone know she is really a sock puppet??? I don’t know why she would think Pig would ever speak so rudely to anyone. After all he is just the shining example of what a real gentleman is like. So think about it. Sock puppet? Alien transplant? Or is she really Tall_IQ2 and wants you to see her dance in her emperors new clothes. She can dance, and well for the rest of us:
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Hello I am the new Self Appointed Moderator