Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Notification numbers incredibly high (and wrong)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 samrenehart
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Notification numbers incredibly high (and wrong)Page 1 of 1    
I have the app and it keeps telling me I have like 1,305 notifications (the little red number above the app) when in reality I have none. When I do get a notification, the number drops down to one, but then jumps up again when I've read the message. How do I get this to go away? I've tried deleting and re-downloading it and that hasn't helped. I'm just really OCD about my app notifications and it bugs me. Help!
 kj521
Msg: 2
Notification numbers incredibly high (and wrong)
Posted: 5/6/2015 2:04:38 AM
Sam.....

That 1,305 is the number of guys that clicked yes or maybe on the meet me feature.
There no way to get rid of it. Marcus has decided that the number of meet me ' s should be displayed on the phone app when there are no current messages in your inbox. I am not a fan of it either but it's not my site....not my decision.

Hope that helps. :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/7/2015 9:58:35 AM
You can tweak the alerts 'off' inside the app - or set it to visual (LED) alerts only so you don't have to deal with the constant beeping or vibrating on your phone - unless you're into that kind of thing. ;)

Some of the numbers will always be on the screen. My 'Meet Me' has said "99+" since the first week or two I set up the app. It won't clear because I won't pay for the premium service that allows that screening out. You learn to ignore it after a while.
 macguier
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:18:07 PM
This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to stare at a 99+ banner if I don't have 91 messages or actual notifications. Please reverse this "feature" Marcus.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Notification numbers incredibly high (and wrong)