Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women and Fake Beauty      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 2
Women and Fake BeautyPage 1 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I am a simple guy who lived a simple life in a simple town and I like things simple. A natural looking girl beats a fake girl every day of the week in my book. Its not so important what a woman looks like when you go to bed, but what she looks like when she wakes up in the morning. But I may be a little weird. To me, a woman in a pair of jeans and a sweater is a thousand times more attractive than a woman prancing about on the beach in a thong bikini.
 Siennarh
Msg: 3
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 12:50:54 PM
I think what is most important is being healthy and feeling good about yourself. Aesthetic beauty isn't the most important thing in relationships, it's what's inside that counts really at the end of the day. Some men might think you have issues if you go to such lengths to make yourself feel good looking. Initially they may not have a problem but some may be a bit befuzzled when the wig/extensions, fake eye lashes and contact lenses come off, they may well feel lied to as well. It's a bit complicated but the main point I'm trying to get across is men like confidence and would find it concerning if a woman feels overly bad about her looks and goes to such lengths to alter them. It could be a turn off or deal breaker yes.
 MissScawlett
Msg: 4
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 1:14:12 PM
Since you have no pictures posted, it's hard for me to comment. I will say that I used to work with a woman who was very unhappy with her physical appearance so she got a boob job, got very long hair extensions, lip enhancements, and several plastic surgery procedures. She was no happier after all those procedures than she was before because it was the INSIDE that needed fixing, not the outside. She had very low self esteem and hid behind the big boobs and all that hair. By the way, I saw pictures of her before all the work, and she was not at all unattractive, but in her eyes, she was some sort of beast.

I realize that isn't really what you asked, but I always think there's something else behind all the surgical enhancements people get. They really should be seeking out a psychologist instead of a plastic surgeon.

All in all, I think most men probably prefer someone who's natural over all the fake stuff. But I'm not a guy ...
 CharminC
Msg: 5
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 1:22:21 PM
[she was not at all unattractive, but she saw herself as unattractive]

I find it almost funny that some go to such extreme to "make" themselves attractive.
Fine and dandy if you actually enjoy playing and using all the various tools of beautifying. It can be fun!
But the thing is... what many don't realize is that all it could take is simple things to make differences.
A different hairstyle, color maybe, as a different eyeshadow color or application of it.
Just simple little things could change an overall look and bam.... the esteem improves.

OP...you are still you underneath the exterior. There is someone for everyone. :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 6
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 1:25:35 PM
I believe if you have to use layer upon layer of 'fake' to make yourself every day, it's going to backfire on you eventually. If anything, simply because it takes you 20 minutes to an hour MORE to get 'ready' for something than any average lady may take. If it's New Years' Eve, that's one event where dolled-up works - if it's exiting a burning building, taking that kind of time could KILL you.

Like booze or sugar or pain killing meds, it's always best to use cosmetics in moderation. Hair extensions one day, fake eyelashes on another. Figure out how to mix and blend them in a way that's subtle, so when you decide to go 'natural' it's not a complete shock to the whole neighborhood.

I have friends in the beauty industry that love using those products. They try very hard to make themselves up well to impress customers and such. What I see in some of them is how the long term use of too much stuff has turned their hair and complexions into something worse that it should have been. Instead of being 'OK' with one hair product, they're using 6 to 10 now, and it STILL looks frazzled.

Like others have said, it's what's inside that counts. Take care of your inner self first. If you ignore your health problems or drink far too much coffee or don't get enough sleep, not to mention ignoring mental stressors such as depression or AD/HD - it won't matter what your 'shell' looks like on the outside. Exercise. Eat healthy. Beauty shines from within.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 7
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 1:54:20 PM

So I am basically asking if it is a dealbreaker for a woman to fake so much. Would you rather approach and date a plain looking natural girl, or a stunning looking "permanently altered" girl (by permanently altered I mean cosmetic surgery, permanent makeup, etc.)? (Not saying I'm stunning btw, just saying that for the sake of argument).

There are bigger issues at stake here that who gives a rat's a ss what WE think.

And that is what you think of yourself.

Are you comfortable with the alterations? Are they producing the results that you want? Did it improve your self esteem?

There are no right or wrong answers. The problem is that many many times you end up in a bad case of the emperor's new clothes and in seeking perfection begin to alter your body to the point that you turn into a Mary Taylor Moore, or Michael Jackson, or Versache. Do you know then WHEN to stop. When to start loving yourself for who you are. That is what's at stake here. Not our opinion. Not our beliefs. But yours.
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 2:21:49 PM
^^^Good point. People like Michael Jackson and others who are/were obsessed with perfection in looks are never satisfied with the way they look, and are always looking for the next plastic surgery procedure, the next procedure involving hair. etc.-usually up until the day when it becomes dangerous and life threatening, and by that point, their overall health suffers and some end up looking more like a circus freak.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 9
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 2:40:47 PM
If I had the time and money I'd do nearly everything!!!
If the enhancements are done well, not Blotched the TV show, but well.. more power to you :)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 2:49:29 PM
A recent survey indicated the vast and overwhelming majority of women preferred a partner with 7" between his legs.
Goodness knows that I am not going to pay for cosmetic surgery to have 2" of penis removed to meet some latest fad.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 11
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 2:51:57 PM
^^^^ That's how it goes, Eric...we all have to live with our flaws..... :D
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:06:30 PM
^^only 2"..wow your lucky!
 newoldgirl
Msg: 13
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:15:53 PM

The only thing I absolutely HAVE TO take off is the contact lenses, and that is only around bedtime.

What could possibly be wrong with your natural eye colour?

Do you need these contacts to see?
 sigungq
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:28:47 PM
What's on the outside captures the eye of the beholder....... What's on the inside captures the heart of the beholder.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 15
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:29:56 PM
I'm not sure why all of that needed to be faked, but that's not my business *kermit the frog voice*

If men are attracted to fakeness, it says more about them than you, so I wouldn't worry.

I'm sure it is more alluring and enticing than a plain Jane like me, who wears no make up, have naturally curly long hair, do not dress to impress, wear no heels, and who has all original parts. More power to you girl!

How would you feel if a man did the same thing, like Michael Jackson? You wouldn't care because the changes are permanent so the deception is not present as you didn't see him prior to the changes?

Are you planning to have children? Ever read the article about a Chinese man who successfully sued his wife for deception as their kids came out ugly and he was wondering why they were so hideous?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:50:03 PM

I admit that physically, I'm very fake.

In my teens, I remember listening to some men bellyaching about Raquel Welch, and how she got her nose fixed. I always thought she was attractive, and could care less about her surgery. Yeah, it's fake, so what? It took me a long time to figure out why so many were upset about it, but I finally did. It was because, if by some miracle if they ever had fathered a baby by her, the kid might just have a big nose, passed genetically by her. It was a stupid reason then, and still the same today.

I've always admired women, when they make that extra effort to look fantastic. I'll sit back, enjoy the view, and If she happens to be with me, know that she went the distance for me. I'll feel privileged. The cash outlay for the date went just a little farther.

Empires were built on women being vain, and wanting to look better. What a nice floor show. Oncorr! Oncorr! My compliments to those who choose to go that extra mile. Then comes the "Natural Beauty" crowd. Umm, yeah. A.K.A, plain. or lazy. Be prepared for that lazy streak to get bigger. Then you start to wonder what happened to her. Clothing becomes comfortable. Hairstyles by girlfriend with a pair of scissors. Is that a woman? Or a short guy that has gynecomastia?

It does nothing for me, shoots my libedo in the hind end, and makes me look elsewhere.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 17
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 3:57:55 PM

Are you planning to have children? Ever read the article about a Chinese man who successfully sued his wife for deception as their kids came out ugly and he was wondering why they were so hideous?

LOL For real?

What did the husband look like?
 daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:00:15 PM
I'm going to agree with Clem in message #2 on this, but reverse to a man of course.

It's no big deal to me if he cleans up well because I would rarely be going anywhere dressed up anyway. Showered, clean comfy clothes, that's all I would care about.

But for OP, this stuff is important to her, so she should be with a man who appreciates all these things. For me, I'd be bored to death if I was with a man who spent his time grooming himself. It's just nothing that means anything to me. We should all be aware of the kind of personality we need to be looking for in someone, otherwise there's going to be hurt feelings, or boredom, or worse resentment.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 19
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:16:07 PM
OP, according to your profile, you are 21 years old. And a student. Who subsidizes all your procedures and such to support your 'fake beauty'?

You better be a trust fund baby, have a very high paying career, a rich spouse or better yet all three, if you plan to maintain your fake beauty for another 40/50/60 years!

Some guys like your 'look', some don't. Do what you like!

But pretty please,can we see a picture!?!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 20
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:34:49 PM

LOL For real?

What did the husband look like?

Yep, for real

Google it
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:35:09 PM
Hmmmmm.

This is NOT simple.

Because of what I've been through, I would have various concerns.

The simplest, is whether your fakery is required before I find you attractive, of course. If you are ONLY attractive when we are at a formal Symphonic performance, I probably wouldn't want to have sex with you.

Another question: who do you imagine you need to be attractive to? I've had the misfortune to discover that a woman I was with, put lots of energy into looking good, so as to attract OTHER males' positive attention, even when we were out together. No interest in going through that nonsense again.

Another aspect: I want to have a mate. A long term one. Someone who wants to conduct our lives together. Someone hung up on appearances, is likely to drop me, or become otherwise unpleasant to deal with when I have any bad days. I'm not interested in being a for-show trophy for anyone either. In addition, especially in my age range, "stuff" is starting to happen. I expect to love someone and care for and about them, regardless of what "falls off" or "needs repair," because I want to find a real MATE. If I love you, and tomorrow you need to get a prosthetic leg, I don't give a crap about the leg.

That all means that it matters very much, exactly WHY you feel you need the "fakery." Not the fact that you have "had some work done."
 chameleonf
Msg: 22
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 4:45:24 PM
Obviously I don't know whether guys would prefer the fake or not, however, what I will say is you shouldn't be doing it for a man/men but for yourself. Too much fake on the outside will also present as too much fake on the inside, one way or another.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 5:09:01 PM
Eric,

thanks for the laugh. I can imagine you saying that with a straight face too... I think that women have always preferred the well hung, not really a fad......lol!

Let's face it, it is the outside that attracts us at first and if we can improve that and it makes us feel better, why not? Women are primarily judged on their looks and I guess men too, to an extent. So why not look the best you can. However some go too far over the top with all the surgeries, implants and so on. Not to mention what it all must cost!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 5:13:57 PM
Genetics are a lottery and the Chinese guy had input into how their kids looks after all. Some plain parents can produce pretty children and vice versa. We don't always know what our grandparents looked like and it has been my experience that children often take after them.
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 25
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 5:33:26 PM

I've always admired women, when they make that extra effort to look fantastic. I'll sit back, enjoy the view, and If she happens to be with me, know that she went the distance for me. I'll feel privileged. The cash outlay for the date went just a little farther.

Empires were built on women being vain, and wanting to look better. What a nice floor show. Oncorr! Oncorr! My compliments to those who choose to go that extra mile. Then comes the "Natural Beauty" crowd. Umm, yeah. A.K.A, plain. or lazy. Be prepared for that lazy streak to get bigger. Then you start to wonder what happened to her. Clothing becomes comfortable. Hairstyles by girlfriend with a pair of scissors. Is that a woman? Or a short guy that has gynecomastia?

It does nothing for me, shoots my libedo in the hind end, and makes me look elsewhere.

I agree, men are visual and the smart woman improves and enhances her beauty but in a way that is not "fake". Tons of things she can from the dermatologist, to the gym, health food supplements to the cosmetic surgeon and still look natural and real.

Even hair that's not yours can look good if it is done intelligently with the objective to look real.

Beauty is a good thing.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 26
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 6:17:46 PM
Oh I HEART you Eric
Why on Earth such anyone, male or female.. enhance their beauty?
Nasty goes right to the bone, you can put on the lipstick for the pig
still a pig
So basically if I wait til a 104 man wants to date me, I am golden? Score.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women and Fake Beauty