Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hi Richie Rich,
Very unusually for this forum, your pics are very good. Clear, good quality, smiling, a variety of poses and locations.

I would lose the first paragraph, your friends are biased.
The rest sounds pretty good.

The first date I wouldn't advise mentioning****ails, the profanity filters can be a bit over-zealous. Re-phrase, or find a way around the filters :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Profile review please
Posted: 6/2/2015 7:27:09 AM
You've been here a week and you're not engaged yet?! Slacker... Honey, this will take longer than you may be willing to invest. It's not a drive-through service.

That being said, you really have a not-bad profile. You could always use more photos. For someone who claims to be active, why not add more shots of you actually doing some of those things?

Why are NIGHTS IN (sex?) and TENNIS capitalized? In that section, why not also add a favourite comedian or music group/artist to add some personality?

The profile body was ok, it read very light and casual. (This is a good thing) You may simply want to add a couple of little specific details here and there so your viewer has something to 'ping' in her imagination and help make you memorable.

Keep your introduction messages short, specific to one topic in her profile, one question so she has an easy way to respond IF she chooses and no begging. Good luck!
 SLAFFA
Msg: 4
Profile review please
Posted: 6/2/2015 10:35:07 AM
You have been here a grand total of 5 days...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". OLD is a marathon and not a sprint. You have not even reached the half mile mark yet so why mess with your profile?

You DO NEED to show "some" skin [tastefully] if you are going to claim Athletic. Trust me on this.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 7
Profile review please
Posted: 6/6/2015 9:48:30 AM

Made a couple of minor tweaks

Still no replies haha

No surprise there.

You can tweak until the cows come home and it won't make one bit of difference if most women overall are just not inclined to reply or intiate messages, period, at the present time.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 8
Profile review please
Posted: 6/6/2015 9:53:23 AM
Looks better Richard, except bare should be bear. Also, you must have missed the memo. All profiles MUST now include either "long walks on the beach" and/or hiking in the Interests section.

Or maybe it ^^^ only applies to Forum dinosaurs?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 6/6/2015 10:22:19 AM
I looks a little brief and a little generic.

Why should a woman date you over the millions of others on this site?
What makes you special and unique?
What is it like to date you?
Where are your passions in life?
What excites you about starting a new relationship?
What does romance mean to you?

In terms of a first message, there's no set formula. But what I find works is....

Introduce yourself
complement that woman (NOT on her looks)
Comment on something in her profile
Mention a shared interest
Ask her a simple question
Keep it light
Don't make it too long.

So it goes something a little like this....

Hi,

I'm Scooter.

Loved reading your profile, you sound really intelligent, creative and fun. I see that you enjoy ________, wow, that sounds amazing, how long have you been doing that for? You profile says you like __________, awesome, I love ________ too, perhaps we could do it together some time.

So how's your weekend going? Doing anything fun?

Look forward to hearing from you

Scooter SB
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 12
Profile review please
Posted: 7/28/2015 4:55:07 PM

I've changed pics and text can someone give me their opinions ?

Use only the Superdry shirt one (I've got a bunch of clothes from them myself. lol) And the blue shirt all the way to the right. Remove the others. Those two are your best looking pics. Try to add other pics that look just as good.

Try sending the below (Most think it's hilarious)

My roommate came into the room and said if I didn’t message you, she would.
Now she does have an eye for pretty chicks so I’m totally going to trust my mom’s judgment on this one.
Let me know if she’s correct or else I swear to sweet baby Jesus I’m shipping her off to the “resting” home complete with
a side order of strained peas and carrots!

Also click the meet me now thing YES to everyone several times daily. You'll eventually (after you just use those two best pics) have people writing you without doing anything other than clicking YES.

You can practice chatting to people on the main site.

Ask them how POF is going for them. Ask them if they've met anyone. Ask them if what you heard is true that a lot of men show up shorter, heavier, or even older than their pics. I've spoken to a lot on the main site who've said yes. lol
 Forums_only
Msg: 13
Profile review please
Posted: 7/28/2015 7:36:19 PM
The green shirt photo is a nice smile and is inviting.

Google 'eating out'.

You have room in your Interests field to add a favourite comedian so your viewer can get a sense of the type of humour you enjoy.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 7/28/2015 9:43:25 PM
You are tall, athletic and nice looking. How about you post some full length shots for the gals to get excited over!
A few days? Some men have been here for years and still no luck. You will need to be patient, optimistic and not take the online thing too seriously. It is full of floaters, fakes and flakes and often the hotter looking ones are the most fake.
The profile really doesnt matter all that much. The pics and the stat are what get a girl interested.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 8/13/2015 2:36:38 PM
You were last advised to get full length photos, now you ask if 2 photos is enough.

No, 2 is not enough. You need full length photos.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 19
Profile review please
Posted: 8/13/2015 6:59:57 PM

Hi,

I'm Scooter.

Loved reading your profile, you sound really intelligent, creative and fun. I see that you enjoy ________, wow, that sounds amazing, how long have you been doing that for? You profile says you like __________, awesome, I love ________ too, perhaps we could do it together some time.

So how's your weekend going? Doing anything fun?

Look forward to hearing from you

Scooter SB

Wait a minute. You claimed his PROFILE was generic, yet you suggest something THAT as a first message??

Hysterical.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 20
Profile review please
Posted: 8/13/2015 7:35:10 PM
***** like THAT
 NJgirl116
Msg: 21
Profile review please
Posted: 8/13/2015 8:53:24 PM
OP! If I had the guts I'd steal this line from your profile and put it in mine "It’s not that I hate cooking, but there are lots of amazing cuisines out there – and better chefs too!"
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please