Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Anyone noticing suspicious, repeating headlines?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DontStopBelieving2012
Msg: 1
Anyone noticing suspicious, repeating headlines?Page 1 of 1    
I have seen several females' profiles - and they are definitely different people, judging from the pictures - with this headline:

"let's cam. Instagram: TastyEmily69."

Also, there are nonsensical, random words inserted at the beginning and end of the About Me sections of these ladies' profiles.

Is anyone else seeing this? I tried reporting it so maybe someone can fix it.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 2
Anyone noticing suspicious, repeating headlines?
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:28:57 AM
It's usually the start of a scam of some sort.......
one thing, they aint who they say they are......

Eternitygracesme
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:55:07 AM
I would suggest that you report those profiles. (There are entries for them, in the report: scam profiles/nonsense profiles -- take your pick.)
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:47:25 AM
there's only so much that POF can do to keep out the scammers, trollers, and spammers. i'm sure they would appreciate it if you report those profiles.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/4/2015 8:22:36 AM
Google "let's cam. Instagram: TastyEmily69" site:pof.com and the results will show plenty of profiles with that headline. The quotation marks will make Google search for that text specifically on the site. I reported a few and selected Promoting/Selling Stuff for the violation as there appears to be an Instagram profile that's being advertised. Delete Users Account was my choice of action for the site to take. Hasta la vista, Tasty.
 DontStopBelieving2012
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:52:59 PM
They seem to have disappeared, or lessened in frequency. Props to whoever eradicated them.

For the record I did report one such profile but I was a little concerned I'd get deleted if I kept reporting them. They have that warning at the top of the page about your account being deleted if you do it for the wrong reason.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:56:01 PM
Reporting obvious BS profiles is not the wrong reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Anyone noticing suspicious, repeating headlines?