Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Emails not sending      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 milkloverx
Msg: 1
Emails not sendingPage 1 of 1    
I keep trying to send a paragraph email to someone here and the site says it sends, but it does not. They do not get the message. I type an extremely short message of a few words and they do get it. This has happened several times on the site and the app.

The emails have not had profanity or any undesirable words in them so I don't know why the system would refuse to send them through. Any idea what is going on here? I don't know how many people I've not caught in the past, and they probably think I never replied to them, and vice versa, effectively dissolving our communication because one person thinks the other never replied to their last email.
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/10/2015 2:49:15 PM
Are you including an email address or anything that looks like a phone number? There is a loooong list of words that the pof filters pick up on - most would not be immediately obvious that they would cause your message not to send.

Can you post an example here of what you are trying to send?
 milkloverx
Msg: 3
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/10/2015 2:55:16 PM
"I'm sorry to hear that, and I know the pain. I know it well. I lost my apartment after my brother refused to pay his half, I lost my tech job of two years because of management issues, I'm renting out a bedroom from a friend's house because I have no other choice at the moment, and I'm still trying to find work. I have an appointment tomorrow with someone that may have a PC tech position for me. That would be real nice. It's a bit of a drive though through heavy traffic, but I'll take it! That will start at $15/hr which will be perfectly fine for me since I have no kids, no house payment and no car payment. "

I just can't see why it would filter anything here, and other emails like this that I've tried to send. It is usually longer emails such as this, but shorter ones with a sentence or two will go through.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 4
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/10/2015 5:44:45 PM
I would say it is the $15/hr that is causing it.
 milkloverx
Msg: 5
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/10/2015 6:15:38 PM
Ah, I suppose that could be it. I will have to learn how the system works. I just wish it would indicate that your message wasn't sent instead of saying it was, or that it can't be sent due to an issue the filter is detecting. I think many people have probably thought the other lost interest and then their communications halted because of this.
 kayla_58
Msg: 6
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/10/2015 10:07:32 PM
Yes. That's the idea, that people who mention money in early messages should cease communication.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 7
Emails not sending
Posted: 6/11/2015 3:57:31 AM
I would say that the reason it doesn't tell you the message failed, is to confuse the bots/spammers. If it said "message failed" then they could learn what is allowed and what isn't much more easily.

Technical issues aside, I wouldn't recommend sending that message. IMO that kind of discussion is best left for an in-person meeting.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Emails not sending