Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She only wants to communicate through Snapchat      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YourMomSaysHiJinx
Msg: 1
She only wants to communicate through SnapchatPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So, a couple weeks ago, I messaged a lady. Within minutes she wanted to meet, which took me off guard considering it takes some time given my online dating experience. But I agreed and an hour later we met at a bar. We seemed to hit it off: the conversation flowed, her body language suggested interest, etc.

The following day she texted if I wanted to Snapchat. Both being 30-years-old, I thought, "why?" It just seemed like a teen thing to do, but alas, went with it again. She kept sending pictures of herself in low cut tops. Assumingly she wanted the expected comments from a male, but I surprisingly refrained for once. Guess I've grown up somewhat.

That same day I asked if she wanted to go to dinner, followed by a movie. She initially agreed, but backed out at the last minute, citing that she wanted to spend sometime with her brother. I rolled my eyes and thought, "whatever." Hours later, she asked if she could come back to my place. I said she's welcome to come over, but my roommate was here as well. She stopped by and it was an uneventful night of Netflix and a couple of beers.

When it was getting late, she asked if I could walk her to her car. I obliged, and before she opened the door, she asked for a hug. I obliged again and she kissed, which turned out to be a brief make out. I told her to drive safe and text me when she gets home. I was beginning to like her and wanted to play my cards right.

Days passed after more Snapchat messages and I asked her what's up through text. She said she had an exhibit being shown at some gallery. I said, "Cool, am I invited?" She surprisingly said no because her relatives would be there. Wow, I thought. There's my answer. I know for a fact my breath didn't stink when we kissed, either. Plus I had a lot of of cologne on that second night we hung out. But like most girls avoiding from coming across as a ****, she said we had the whole summer to see it. Whatever times two.

Nearly a month later, I haven't heard from her since. It was just a weird experience. The dating wisdom I've acquired over the years just says she merely wanted attention. My rational side believes it was pretty pathetic to lead someone on like that, but c'est le vie. I forgot to mention that she was back home this summer since she teaches out-of-town. The skeptic in me wonders if she has a boyfriend down there, let alone a husband. Regardless, she is always online whenever I log-in.

I guess what I'm curious about is why would you only communicate through a photo-sharing app? I know the pics gets deleted upon view, but eh. Messed up.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 2
She only wants to communicate through Snapchat
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:50:25 PM

That same day I asked if she wanted to go to dinner, followed by a movie. She initially agreed, but backed out at the last minute, citing that she wanted to spend sometime with her brother. I rolled my eyes and thought, "whatever." Hours later, she asked if she could come back to my place. I said she's welcome to come over, but my roommate was here as well. She stopped by and it was an uneventful night of Netflix and a couple of beers.

When it was getting late, she asked if I could walk her to her car. I obliged, and before she opened the door, she asked for a hug. I obliged again and she kissed, which turned out to be a brief make out. I told her to drive safe and text me when she gets home. I was beginning to like her and wanted to play my cards right.

Nearly a month later, I haven't heard from her since. It was just a weird experience.

Maybe she was not interested in anything serious, just sex.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:58:03 PM
It is very possible that she wished a bit of innocent romance, fun, some laughs, and to feel good in the company of a man. Good on you for showing restraint yet simultaneously being playful and upbeat with her. The one thing that I would likely have avoided is having a "new internet friend" knowing your precise home address and roommate.

You could always telephone her to arrange another date...yet timing is often everything with affairs of the heart.
Sure, you could accuse her of leading you on and/or breaking your heart...yet the more positive way to look at it is that you BOTH had a great time, you enjoyed yourselves sharing drinks, doing a bit of kissing, and everyone is doing fine.

MaleFeasance
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:58:33 PM
You are being scammed.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/11/2015 3:03:22 PM
Dude,

You need to define YOUR rules. Most of the women that want to move the conversation out of a the dating site, are interested in only one thing. Nope, not your sex. Your money. They are scammers. And the ones that are not scammers, are only interested in becoming internet buddies. So my advice is simple. Tell her that sorry, you only connect through TEXT or PHONE. Period.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/11/2015 3:05:48 PM
Sounds like there was an initial connection, and the kiss was the deal breaker. Many people know from a kiss if there will be continued sparks; I happen to be one. You cant force chemistry, just like you cant force older means of communication. Both my 25, and 30 year old daughters communicate regularly through Snap Chat. Its what they like.

Then again Im not a guy, so I am unaware of the "scammers" via Snap Chat. I meet members in public places before they even get my regular cell number. They get the pre-pay flip phone one I use when internet meeting. That way if it doesn't work out, they don't have my number.
 YourMomSaysHiJinx
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:51:04 PM
She said I was "great kisser" through text when she supposedly got home that night.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/11/2015 5:00:58 PM
It's been a month.....

No matter what she said then it's not noteworthy now is it?

Life learning experience maybe? I'd be looking for.....next.
 Maleman999
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/11/2015 6:52:49 PM
You should've taken the snap out of chat. I use e-mail/text to get to know and meet someone. When that's done, contact is by mostly by phone and in person, and usually the phone call is to make arrangements to meet in person, face-to-face. My computer screen is not cute and cozy.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/11/2015 10:06:30 PM
What the hell is snapchat?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:16:22 AM
^ I've never heard of it, either, but if I'm judging by just the name alone, it sounds rather stupid and probably not something I'd want to bother with.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:42:22 AM
Regardless of anything she told you, your description makes it appear that she did not like something about the kiss. And there WAS a recent long thread about "bad" kissers or what people think makes another person a bad kisser. No matter what she is thinking, Snapchat sounds to me looks like yet another silly way to endlessly push buttons on some device. That's NOT communication to me but this FREE site is full of STs [Serial Typists] Clearly many folks of both sexes on this site are simply lonely and perfectly fine with typing buddies.

You DID meet and now she does not want to spend any more F2F time with you.

NEXT!
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/12/2015 5:20:03 PM
Snapchat is an app that sends a pic with text, that lasts a short while before it self deletes. Its actually quite fun, especially to photobomb. My son in law enjoys sending me humorous short quips of my youngest, to keep in touch. Its not the greatest way to communicate, but its certainly far from boring.
 Qura
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:31:14 AM
Snapchat is for when you don't want to leave a trace. My guess is that the lady was married and bored/unhappy at home, but chickened out when push came to shove (so to speak). Or maybe felt the OP was interested in something she wasn't interested in, as a married woman (like, she sensed he wanted a gf/commitment, not just cheap thrills).
 clooneystutor
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/13/2015 9:26:21 AM
A gal would send me Lewds with it, until I proved to her that an IPhone could still capture the screen.

Shouldn't have proven that too her, damn:(
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2015 1:35:21 PM
Androids can do screen capture too. So that pretty much covers 98% of us out there.
NOTHING is guaranteed, cept death and taxes.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2015 11:43:06 AM
Well, OP -- I think you're the one who fumbled the ball, actually. I mean, nothing wrong with not liking her -- but if you continue to jive with someone, you can't really complain.

The following day she texted if I wanted to Snapchat. Both being 30-years-old, I thought, "why?" It just seemed like a teen thing to do, but alas, went with it again.

It's not a teen thing, it's a private thing. Yes, teens like it better so their parents don't find out. But it's not just for that. You guys talked a ton off the bat, but at the same time, you're both just "someone from the Internet" -- so you don't exchange #s, and nothing is saved -- but can still chat and stuff. It's not limited to 19 year olds. :) But you do have a point -- POF on the phone can be used the same way, although you can't readily send pics.

That same day I asked if she wanted to go to dinner, followed by a movie. She initially agreed, but backed out at the last minute, citing that she wanted to spend sometime with her brother. I rolled my eyes and thought, "whatever." Hours later, she asked if she could come back to my place.

Although inconvenient, I don't see this being an OMG situation. It happens. It wasn't an excuse as she followed up to see ya.

I said she's welcome to come over, but my roommate was here as well. She stopped by and it was an uneventful night of Netflix and a couple of beers.

Sounds eventful. You got to meet. If you meet someone who's great, you could be watching paint dry and still hit it off. Expecting roller coaster rides? :) Now, a roommate getting in the way or something would be an issue ... but you can't blame that on her, though. Doesn't sound like it was, anyway. Sounds like you two were a bit off-key in awkwardness, etc.

I obliged again and she kissed, which turned out to be a brief make out. I told her to drive safe and text me when she gets home. I was beginning to like her and wanted to play my cards right.

She's making all the moves. I think your issue was not putting your foot forward enough which led to things being awkward leading up to it. Once she, once again, put her foot forward, this time in a key situation, you started liking her. You can't lean on the gal making all the moves.

She said she had an exhibit being shown at some gallery. I said, "Cool, am I invited?" She surprisingly said no because her relatives would be there. Wow, I thought. There's my answer.

That's actually understandable. You have one pseudo-date with someone -- you want them to meet their relatives? Too much, too soon. "Yeah, this is Bob, from the Internet...". You can't be upset about that. You took it as a slap, and it wasn't that at all. I think you were too chicken on making a move, and expecting all the initiations by her to be something you want/like. I would have said to her after that "No, understandable about relatives and such. Hey, how about on Thursday you and I get together?"

I guess what I'm curious about is why would you only communicate through a photo-sharing app?

It's a chat app. Hence the term snap-chat. It doesn't save anything. It's widely popular now, so it's used as a chatting app that doesn't give away #s and doesn't save what's exchanged. It's not a big deal. Now, if you two started dating and she was wanting to stick to that -- yeah, then that'd be weird.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/14/2015 11:47:03 AM
The more ways we have to communicate with one another, the harder it gets.
 cooldog65
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2017 11:23:53 PM
I don't get the point of this app. All I see is pictures of women with dog and cat faces. What guy would use this app? It seems like it's for teenage girls.

I starting to turn into my dad...
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:45:54 AM
Cool, the reason it appeals to many people is that the photos and messages are not saved. So, you send a nude to someone, they can't save it and spread it around the internet. Its also good for cheaters because there is not a chat history. However, you can screen cap, and save things that way. And the person on the other end gets notified that you screen capped, so its not all that safe either.

My kids snap chat. Now and then they send me one and I reply. I think I've only sent one photo message. It was to my daughter mid hair coloring. She was coloring hers at the same time.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/27/2017 10:57:05 AM

I don't get the point of this app. All I see is pictures of women with dog and cat faces. What guy would use this app? It seems like it's for teenage girls.

I starting to turn into my dad..

Lol, I love it. The filters are fun to which is the main reason that I use it. I just save them to my phone, though. I don't really post them. Honestly, I can't explain why I like it so much but I do. It's just fun to see what my friends/family are up to at the moment. You can still be social but without the nonsense and "fake news". Like how the media is blowing this leggings story all out of proportion, getting people all in a tizzy for no reason. Does that make sense?
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:01:17 AM
Why do men (I say men because that's who I attracted to) think it's cute to invite themselves to things. I was on the phone with this guy and I mentioned how me and my daughter were going to Florida for the summer and he said "you taking me with you?" That is some clingy/weird stuff. We couldn't have been on that phone for any more than 10 minutes and he's already inviting himself to functions (oh, and my house....again, we had only been on the phone for less than 10 minutes and this was our first phone conversation).

That is such a turn-off. It's not cute and I don't see it as an alpha male trait. That is just straight up strange behavior. If I want you to come, I'll ask. No need to invite yourself.
 Nestaron
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/27/2017 1:33:26 PM
I only want my pillow and a nice nap until tomorrow "you cant always get what you want" - Mick Jagger smart man
 razors_edge55
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 3:33:51 PM
someones off her meds ,,,just look at the bord,,,yikes
 cooldog65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2017 9:22:00 AM

Lol, I love it. The filters are fun to which is the main reason that I use it. I just save them to my phone, though. I don't really post them. Honestly, I can't explain why I like it so much but I do. It's just fun to see what my friends/family are up to at the moment. You can still be social but without the nonsense and "fake news". Like how the media is blowing this leggings story all out of proportion, getting people all in a tizzy for no reason. Does that make sense?

You always make sense Lucille. Snapchat is for young ladies like you, not 52 year old guys like me. I would have to do a nutsack check if I made animal faces on my pictures...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She only wants to communicate through Snapchat