Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > 22+ years old ladies opinions needed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_don23
Msg: 1
22+ years old ladies opinions neededPage 1 of 1    
Hi Ladies,

I am stumped at this online site nowadays. When I first joined on here, what seems 9 years ago, for the first time I never had problems getting replies. It was like a 2 out of 3 reply rate. I don't know if in my recent years of being back on here I have become rusty or something, but my message reply rate has dwindled to maybe 1 out of 70 or so, sadly. I don't know if it's my pictures (I had one woman tell me she is too intimidated because I seem super active once), or if I suck at writing a profile.

I try to get across that I am a nice guy, and I want a girl that wants a serious relationship. I want it to come across that I am not the "douche bag" guy on here that wants a quick piece of tail (actually call it off if the girls wants to fool around the first date), but I fear I will make it sound like I am trying too hard to show it. Any tips on how to write a good profile; messages too! I usually throw in a joke, make a comment on something in their profile to show I read it, and then end with a question (in messages). I don't go to a lot of huge social events, and for some reason CANNOT talk to a girl worth crap in a social setting when it means you're generally talking to find a love interest. I am not exactly shy, but my mind just goes blank on what to say next. Lol

Thanks in advance! I am not sure if I am notified when people reply to my thread (first time in forums), so feel free to message me your opinions instead if that is allowed to be asked.
 a_don23
Msg: 2
22+ years old ladies opinions needed
Posted: 7/26/2015 7:49:15 PM
Still wanting a review if someone wouldn't mind
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:29:16 PM
Where have I seen this profile before? Are you on another site?
 sealady111
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:43:41 PM
I have seen some of your photos as well previously.

Hmmm

Anyway.
1. You are genetically blessed. At least I think so as it is difficult to tell from many of your photos.
2. Your puppy is gorgeous.
3. Your written profile is good.

What I think needs improvement is your headline, photos and write your real profession 'Insurance' or whatever instead of N/A.

At first glace, without reading your words, this profile seems that of a mummies boy, who still lives at home with mummy, has no job and likes to dress up and play sport.

Your words paint a different picture.

So I think you need to choose how you want to advertise yourself and ensure pictures and words match.

Good luck.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2015 12:24:10 PM
I have never seen your pictures before.

And that's just fine. Because your "Main" picture
looks surreal and creepy.

Like the killer-stalker in a B-horror movie.
That is pursuing persistently
a group of young teens,
with malicious intent.

Usually a "head and shoulders" photo
works best for the primary pic.

If you're going to use pictures,
put your best foot forward
with the first one they see.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/27/2015 12:28:16 PM

I am stumped at this online site nowadays.

Welcome to the club.

When I first joined on here, what seems 9 years ago, for the first time I never had problems getting replies.

I had a similar experience.
Ah, the glory days.
Yeah, they'll pass you by.
In the wink of a young girl's eye.

I don't know if in my recent years of being back on here I have become rusty or something, but my message reply rate has dwindled to maybe 1 out of 70 or so, sadly. I don't know if it's my pictures (I had one woman tell me she is too intimidated because I seem super active once), or if I suck at writing a profile.

Actually, it's more like the Sahara desert situation:

"The Sahara, the world’s largest desert, was once fertile grassland. This fact has been common knowledge in the scientific community for some time, but scientists are still grappling with historic data to determine whether that transition took place abruptly or gradually."-Astrobiology Magazine

Online dating is just not what it used to be in years past.
All the advice in world won't matter if women overall are just not replying or initiating messages like they used to.
The best advice I can give a guy is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, hang in there and hope it starts to get appreciated again soon, like it used to be.
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:18:10 PM

All the advice in world won't matter if women overall are just not replying or initiating messages like they used to.
The best advice I can give a guy is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, hang in there and hope it starts to get appreciated again soon, like it used to be.

This is where you are wrong. Women ARE definitely replying on the main site. I've spoken to MANY.

I've been told countless times already of men showing up shorter than stated, older, heavier even using others pictures including one who used and admitted it was his SON.

Now the VAST majority. Athletic, thin, average etc. ARE first messaging and replying back to the TOPS in men with the best physiques, looks/ photogenics. I know it for A FACT. I know SEVERAL men on here in PERSON in different states who are not only getting a lot of replies and phone numbers but meets and sleeping with many of these women. I have not only heard it but seen it ALL. Many many times over. No joke. You're head would spin if you knew the HALF of it.

Most women on the main site are chasing and replying to the tops in looks in users specific areas. Profiles mean little more than public relations stunts. The reverse psychology is in full effect. "No players, cheaters, don't email me with your shirt off, not impressed with your possessions etc." is just to look "good" in a public profile and a "serious" catch to have those SAME MEN "try" and break the "challenge.

You've said it before. Replies, first emails, meets etc. are MOSTLY given to men who are in the TOP 10% in the looks and appearance categories in users areas.

The best advice I could give anyone looking for a "profile" review is to leave their profile up. Use POF as ONLY a side option. Join a gym and get in the best possible shape, dress and groom your best, and keep your profile brief and light hearted with no negativity.

When you've finally achieved your fitness goals and have well defined arms and a six pack? And use your absolute BEST most flattering photos doing athletics (gym) etc., dressed in a suit, etc. THEN come back and start emailing women. You WILL see a NIGHT AND DAY difference. I'm talking about being ripped.

Notice how the vast amount of users requesting profile reviews aren't cut up gym guys? And no one requesting them is? It's because the dudes who are ripped, jacked, and cut up are having the least amount of worries. It's the elephant in the room no one seems to mention.

See a lot of women on the main sites profiles say one thing. But the vast majority are doing a COMPLETELY different thing in who they are mostly sending and replying to, handing their numbers to, meeting etc. As they themselves are fibbing they don't put too much stock in profiles. The guys PICTURES and who is in them writes the "profile fantasy" of whom they want to date and sleep with. Which is why you see many complaining of being "burnt" with "victim" complex.

These same construction/gym/ guys with money or faking it in suits who use the gym know the deal. The word is out. And dudes talk. Trust me.

You could be a GREAT guy, have everything going for you. But if you are thin like me or out of shape, non photogenic? Your profile description means little to nothing on the main site. Though not for nothing many (not all) of these same women on the main site are far from the "angels" their profile and pictures would seem to present them as.

What happens for the most part is this. EVEN IF the average good dude gets a response. He wastes time emailing for a while instead of GOING FOR WHAT HE WANTS her number. Too afraid to get off his azz and just tell the person and cut to the chase asking for her number..Perhaps even not ready themselves to meet until the "perfect" time fantasy to ask is "right". Then as the tops in looks are literally spamming every women in the area she sees a bunch of Chippendales studs in her inbox? She never replies and thinks THESE are the types of men in LOOKS I'm worth. And ignores everyone else EXCEPT those in that looks category. I have seen this over, and over, and over again. So much I've lost count. I've seen it all OFFLINE TOO. The pictures sent, multiple at that. VIDEOS with FACES included! Wondering if these women are INSANE and could care less if their jobs etc. were to find out. That stuff gets sent to others. People are dumb as hell. Same dude who gets them? Knows he's noot the only one she sent them too.

If most men and women requesting profile reviews on here came back in toned gym shape? They'd never need to change their profiles or request help. They'd see OLD in a COMPLETELY different aspect and profile changing means little (unless you come off extremely negative or like a lunatic.)

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm speaking 100% facts that I've personally seen and heard from users on here, who've been on here and seen it all. Not hearing from or meeting a LOT of these people is a blessing in disguise. Believe it or not.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:13:17 PM
It is fascinating to me, how can a person be asking for advice on how to get replies, and two days later is an expert. Did anyone told you you sound a lot like the PofLegend? I would love to buy a copy of your dating book.

LegendofPOF :
I'm just looking to see if you kind people can give me some assistance with my profile? I'm not getting any replies from women on here no matter what I try. I've messaged tons of women in my area of all types but none seem to reply even though I mention nothing sexual or anything like that and show a deep interest in their profiles. Thanks.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16426096.aspx/
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:51:06 PM

It is fascinating to me, how can a person be asking for advice on how to get replies, and two days later is an expert. Did anyone told you you sound a lot like the PofLegend? I would love to buy a copy of your dating book.

LMAO. The review was a joke. You seem to have developed an unhealthy crush on me following me around.

Anyway. Do you really think women on the main site AREN'T going after the tops in looks?

Do yourselves a favor. Log out (so you don't look like a weirdo searching men). Search Athletic men in your area. Within the 14 year age range of your own age. Now if you see a lot of those dudes looking gym built, with good looks, etc. in YOUR specific area say 35 miles? THOSE are the men getting the MOST messages, replies etc.

Get in gym shape. Well defined arms, and a six pack. Dress and groom your absolute BEST and use your most flattering photos once that's been accomplished. You'll see a WORLD of difference in relies and meets.

Do not kid yourselves. Your minds would be blown if you saw the things I've seen from many others who are gym built and use their best photos. Then again if you ARE looking for something serious. You wouldn't bother with the majority of people you wish for on here after seeing what I've personally seen MANY MANY times over. Meet people in real life after you've accomplished your goals. No joke.

No negativity or bitterness. It just is what it is. And it comes with the territory.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/27/2015 4:19:46 PM

LegendofPOF :
LMAO. The review was a joke

So you admit you are here to deceive people, it's the reason why you created your previous PofLegend profile. You thrive on any attention you can get, positive or negative.

You are not fooling anyone, the joke is on you. You are a legend in your own mind.

Good luck to you.
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:17:46 PM
Again. That other person isnt me. But if you want to believe it knock yourself out.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:31:32 PM
^ What's so unhealthy about his crush? Are you homophobic?
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:33:24 PM

^ What's so unhealthy about his crush? Are you homophobic?

Are you the P.C. police? Who said anything about that? Or do you assume everything?
 Peas_
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/28/2015 4:25:51 AM
Interesting....
 a_don23
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:21:46 PM
Sealady111,

What would you suggest for photos? I am not exactly a guy that enjoys that camera, so I am not well equipped with a library of photos. I also think I look bad in any photo I get, so I can never tell what is good, awesome, or crap. And PLEASE tell me what to do to shake the momma's boy image! haha.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:38:58 PM
You eliminated a photo that I liked. It said Muddy Waters on your shirt.
Your main photo should be you alone. I don't like any of the rest of your photos. Just keep trying, taking more, have friends take more. Outside, doing something, you alone. You on a bike, not in a group. No beer, no group of girls.

Why would you say
Do you want children? Prefer Not To Say
Make up your mind and say so. It's major for a woman in your age range.

Take this out;
"Up until this past fall I was get the avid runner/cyclist, but due to an injury I was out for about the past 10 months."
and this;
"This would vary with compatibility I would say."
 a_don23
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:01:55 PM
It shouldn't say "prefer not to say" It should be showing as "does not want children"

I took that photo out because due to my injury I have put on some weight, so I feel that it is inaccurate.

Also, what is wrong with both parts you are saying to take out?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > 22+ years old ladies opinions needed