Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > when their friends got in the way      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chrisshrew
Msg: 1
view profile
History
when their friends got in the wayPage 1 of 1    
Ok, anybody had this situation before? I expect its more commonplace than I thought. Went out with friends last weekend to a club but after getting a drink in for a mate they had scarpered. So thought I would hang around and enjoy the atmosphere. Anyway a girl starts dancing with me which was nice. After a bit I offered her a drink and she was giving compliments, afterwards however her friends tried to separate the two of us so maybe she was hiding something. Hung around for a while and she started flirting with me again and we started kissing. Soon after however her mates did the same thing.

They were all very nice about it and asked if I was ok about getting home etc but it did get a bit frustrating. It was probably because they didn't say whether she had a boyfriend (I know I should have asked myself) it could have been that they were overprotective.

May have had a narrow escape because it seemed a bit odd but equally it felt like an opportunity that could have happened if it weren't for her mates. The odd thing is that I get the feeling that if it was one of my mates in that position they would have been more successful.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
when their friends got in the way
Posted: 7/10/2015 1:24:53 AM
Well if you got to the kissing stage then presumably you cold have asked her for a date or offered to take her home. Or you could have asked her mates why they were interfering.

You will never know unless she happens to turn up in the same place but most likely she needed to get back to the hubby and kids!
 chrisshrew
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 2:51:46 AM
Yeah asking her mates directly would have made things clearer but in all probability she wasn't single. She had had a few drinks so she probably wasn't thinking straight. Can be annoying thou when these situations don't happen that often and personally it often feels like there is always something that stops anything happening.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/10/2015 4:00:17 AM
Phone numbers would have been a good idea,
considering you'd got to kissing?
Oops.....

chrisshrew
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 9:28:25 AM

Phone numbers would have been a good idea,
considering you'd got to kissing?
Oops.....

Well possibly but I think her friends must have had good reason to interfere. If she was free and available I doubt they would have done so.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2015 10:06:31 AM
Perhaps her mates didnt think you were good enough for their drunken friend.

Do you really want to date someone who kisses without being formally introduced anyway?

And what about Gold?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > when their friends got in the way