Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Another fake proflile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoeCow
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Another fake proflilePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So Just started getting messaged by someone, they do not type long messages and at one point says its too hot to focus on my message, then later says they read it and says to call them.. This sounds fishy lol.. the area code is off for where she lives but she says she just moved here and has no friends here yet.. Typical fake profile line but the pics on the profile are not what I would consider good enough for the standard fake profile but may be considered a little sultry but some women genuinely are like that and not ashamed to show them self or to pose and such. Thing is Im very sure its a fake but I am noticing its a better quality fake then I see typically, like it appeals to the side of wanting to see a confident women who knows she is attractive, but at the same time it is much more realistic then the Photoshopped model look that almost all fakes seem to employ. I think the fact that she dropped her number after only 5 messages that all were with in an hour is a bit of a give away right there and how all her replies except one were just a sentence long and the typical I just moved here and have no friends and dont trust people in my work to date line. eh.. fake profiles do get annoying somethings seriously. Id call her just out of curiosity but Im not really wanting to have my number just given out so that I can be called repeatedly by some advertisers and such lol.
 import_from_uk
Msg: 2
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 3:10:33 AM
No! Say it isn't so! A fake profile on a free dating site. How can that possibly be? How come no one else notices them?

And you say all these red flags in just 5 messages over an hour? Wow. Good catch.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 3
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:27:23 AM

Id call her just out of curiosity but Im not really wanting to have my number just given out so that I can be called repeatedly by some advertisers and such lol.

get a cheap cell phone that you only use for online dating. good luck with your quality fake.
 Peas_
Msg: 4
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 6:28:56 AM
Naw, come on now, if the other person can't keep a conversation going what are you going to have in common with a fake foreigner?
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 5
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:20:58 PM
That's an interesting plate of food you got there. Where's the vegetables?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:25:24 PM
JoeCow...is your question whether we believe you should give this person a telephone call?
If that is the case, the main consideration is number of minutes in your cellular plan and if overseas calls are allowed.
Good luck with your romantic search.
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 7
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:46:38 PM

So Just started getting messaged by someone, they do not type long messages and at one point says its too hot to focus on my message, then later says they read it and says to call them.. This sounds fishy lol.. the area code is off for where she lives but she says she just moved here and has no friends here yet.. Typical fake profile line but the pics on the profile are not what I would consider good enough for the standard fake profile but may be considered a little sultry but some women genuinely are like that and not ashamed to show them self or to pose and such. Thing is Im very sure its a fake but I am noticing its a better quality fake then I see typically, like it appeals to the side of wanting to see a confident women who knows she is attractive, but at the same time it is much more realistic then the Photoshopped model look that almost all fakes seem to employ. I think the fact that she dropped her number after only 5 messages that all were with in an hour is a bit of a give away right there and how all her replies except one were just a sentence long and the typical I just moved here and have no friends and dont trust people in my work to date line. eh.. fake profiles do get annoying somethings seriously. Id call her just out of curiosity but Im not really wanting to have my number just given out so that I can be called repeatedly by some advertisers and such lol.

It's pretty easy to make a high quality "believable" fake profile. You could lift someone's pictures from another state on here or some other site. Crop them with a photo crop tool in Google. Then put them up and make a brief profile to troll your area.

I've seen profiles that are real non-modeled fake profiles. EX: Says "Manhattan" NY yet all the pictures are taken in Florida with the person lazy enough to just have "Ask me" in the about me.

It "could" be someone who just moved. But for the most part they're all fake and most likely some dude trolling to see what other guys are sending women in his own area to "step his game up" or say they don't know how to "game" these women.

What is ridiculous about that experiment is they don't understand that not only do attractive women get a lot of messages and should be of no surprise but they are mostly replying to the ATHLETIC and best looking men in their area so their "game" works little to none if the guy's actual profile isn't aesthetically appealing.

What you can try but it's no guarantee is to put those images off that profile into a google image search. If they come up? Then you know. Some may not as if they cropped them won't be found. It's most likely fake and either teens trolling or some dude trying to see what other men say as he's frustrated himself with lack of responses that are primarily based off how photogenic and attractive the guy is himself.
 HondoGal
Msg: 8
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/30/2015 3:18:12 AM
You know, maybe, just maybe if you learn for sure that it is a fake profile you could have fun with it. If she asks for money tell her you’ll send more and some other stuff like that. Get her where it hurts, bs the bs fraud. Or you could ask her for money.
You can always block your phone number.

spot4username
Msg: 9
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/30/2015 4:09:23 AM
Maybe your profile is fake. Perhaps this is all an elaborate ruse to make us think you are real.
 Peas_
Msg: 10
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:03:23 PM
oh, but what I really gets to me about some fakes is when I have a conversation and within 20 minutes key words from my conversation and dates that I've had come out philosophically in a faceless troll(s) post on this forum. Almost like they were reading my email in my account....
 NJgirl116
Msg: 11
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:23:56 PM
OP you're young and hot! Forget the fake profile with suggestive pictures and date awesome local girls!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 12
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:26:28 PM
Really hot! Damn!
 sealady111
Msg: 13
Another fake proflile
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:08:06 PM
I think the red thing is vegetable.
Besides, prawns override all other food groups.

OP if you want to meet this woman to find out if you like her or not and find out if she is real or not.
Invite her to meet you.

Choose somewhere close to your bachelor pad so if she is as hot as she advertises you can invite her back to your place to enjoy some of your hobbies like lust and sex.

Good luck.
 rcp83
Msg: 14
Another fake proflile
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:36:10 AM
Any profile without pictures is probably gonna end up being a fake account
 south_city
Msg: 15
Another fake proflile
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:47:27 AM

It's pretty easy to make a high quality "believable" fake profile. You could lift someone's pictures from another state on here or some other site. Crop them with a photo crop tool in Google. Then put them up and make a brief profile to troll your area.

I agree. You can easily find pictures of reasonably attractive women on facebook or instagram.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 16
Another fake proflile
Posted: 8/1/2015 8:06:47 AM
Your CSI sleuthing skills are admirable,

but you won't get a chance to use that vicks mentholatum trick until you get out there in the real world!

Choose somewhere close to your bachelor pad so if she is as hot as she advertises you can invite her back to your place to enjoy some of your hobbies like lust and sex.

7-Eleven's are everywhere and often have video rentals.

Invite her there for a Slurpee.

Hubba Hubba!

JoeCow
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 3:05:12 PM
First wow I must have spased out or something and forgot all about this post after making it, along with mostly forgetting about this site too. Ive only been back a couple times it doesn't seem to have many "real" that gets past all the bots and fakes but perhaps thats changed in recent years? Anyways Im Only resurrecting it to answer various people who took the time to answer me cause I dont like leaving things unfinished like that, if someone asks me something I answer it... although not this horribly late however.

No! Say it isn't so! A fake profile on a free dating site. How can that possibly be? How come no one else notices them?

And you say all these red flags in just 5 messages over an hour? Wow. Good catch.

Anyways cant be sure where the sarcasm ends, but yes I was pointing out the obvious for nothing other then to mainly vent about it maybe talk about others experience with annoying fake profiles (from those who actually notice them)... A lot of experienced internet folk will but experienced or no, most men targeted by the fakes think they just must be super hot or are too desperate, sad or lonely to question the unrealistically attractive women calming to want to do everything they dream of after just one message. When I mentioned my experience I didn't mean to imply that I had any real doubt it was a fake and that it took me an hour.. I was not checking my messages much after the first exchange and its "answer" I was about 7o percent sure the moment it gave me its number the first message and 90 after the first reply...but all that is conservative guessing.... a better way to say it is "I knew from the start it was a fake... 30 seconds in... but being human which means I could be wrong about anything no matter how sure as we all can.... I humored it but it was mainly out of curiosity on what it would do to try and incite me and fool me... "

So yea I noticed the fake right away and in my op when I spoke about being curious I never meant to see if she was real but to see how far it would go and how ridiculous it could get more as entertainment value... Id never actually give my number to one of the fakes.... I was just pondering out loud... im always thinking too much and naturally curious... even about stuff I hate like spammers and fake profiles on social sites...
 JoeCow
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 3:22:01 PM

get a cheap cell phone that you only use for online dating. good luck with your quality fake.

When I spoke about some "higher quality" fakes I was referring to ones that act more like a person, these are usually scammers out to gain more from us of staff or researchers on dating sites trying to get user data/info or trying to artificially make the number of women seem larger.. the last type will talk to you a bit and then vanish within a week or two usually with profile completely removed.. those research or women number infiltrator actors will often re-use some of the same photos next time they do a job regardless if its on the same site or different one... Im seriously not b.sing... site approved fake profiles happened on OKC and Ive seen some of the same profiles or photos here too. But more annoying and violating then dangerous.. and its right in the TOS that they can do this kind of crap barrier someplace at least it was in OKC and they even admired to it, to do research on attractiveness... no joke..... The dangerous ones are unsanctioned scammers trying to romance scam you for money but they typically target women more then men and much deeper layered mainly because men are more likely to need much less of a work over before they start handing over money cause they hope to get laid.... sad but yeah.... For the less "think with your**** type guy romance scammers with all the theatrics do happen but its just one of those things that targets more women then men.... Either way yea I am no way implying i would waist my time with a "quality fake" outside the recreational bit of trolling them since fakes usually piss me off because of how many there are... I started messing with fake profiles every time one messages me now...

on another note im not sure if this place got any better as far as fake profiles are concerned by I dont notice my inbox lit up with garbage messages like it was the few other times I stopped by... though I still get what I know is B.S meet me requests..
 JoeCow
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 3:30:05 PM

Naw, come on now, if the other person can't keep a conversation going what are you going to have in common with a fake foreigner?
Nothing at all... but sometimes its funny to see how far they will go trying to keep the illusion going that they are going to get their mark with me... and its funnier still to see a fake profile rage after you made them invest a lot of time to get nowhere lol... Im tiered of them waiting my time.. every moment I read a fake message and replied to it to realize it was fake was one less moment I was enjoying whatever site I was on as intended... so after a while both as curiosity and to waist their time back, I started messing with them and leading them on like I was almost on the hook or just waited their time with stupid questions.. It was at least then worth a laugh or two.
 JoeCow
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 4:09:22 PM

That's an interesting plate of food you got there. Where's the vegetables?

sorry for the very late answer... but it was one of two things since I had two different photos of this. It was either BBQ tri-tip or the grilled shrimp over noodles with sausage on the side and roasted bell pepper.. I forgot what sauce I put on the noodles and shrimp but I believe it was some kind of creamy garlic. I grill a lot with natural mesquite lump charcoal that looks like logs.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 21
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 4:56:50 PM
Are you talking to yourself? Why do you think there are so many fake profiles? To me I have read a lot of men calling "fake" when it is just the women didn't respond to them
Continue the CSI pof if you want, but most seasoned users can suss the fakes fast
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 22
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/2/2017 9:18:27 PM
Holy cow, JoeCow! Eighteen months later and you have returned.

You do realize the majority of those who responded to you, are no longer here..........right?

Ok meanwhile back at the ranch.
I guess I was lucky when I was looking to date. Don't remember any fake profiles. Met a few "fake men" , was contacted by a few spammers but I learned early to communicate by voice and meet sooner not later.
 JoeCow
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/3/2017 7:00:36 AM

Are you talking to yourself? Why do you think there are so many fake profiles? To me I have read a lot of men calling "fake" when it is just the women didn't respond to them
Continue the CSI pof if you want, but most seasoned users can suss the fakes fast

nope I was answering a bunch of people that I never got to as I pretty much forgot about this post soon as I made it however long ago along with this site - only been back sparingly when I get a notification... yes... sure most people who were originally fallowing this post are no longer here but I felt like I left something unfinished and I rudely didn't answer some folks.... other then that I attempted to explain my self a little on what I meant back then.. but mostly just talking. about the subject... most things fascinate me as well as others opinions on matters.... anyhow I could explain why I talk this way and what had to go on with my Neuroplasticity when I was a kid but I doubt your really wish to know.

Why I think their are so many fake profiles I thought I partly mentioned but I guess I never submitted the post.. but its obvious lonely people, sex sells and so on. I know about the fake profiles that at least used to plague this site along with most others though experience and study.... I am in no way referring to the "some guy messages you, you choose not to answer for whatever reason, they call you fake".... Im referring to when they seek out victims actively though very obvious behaviors usually in an attempt to either phish personal information, or get you to send them money... Most men I think can not tell a fake profile from a real one... Im not referring to jerks that message with vulgar crap either or those whose ego is SO DAMN BIG that they think no one in their right mind would not want to talk to them so therefor they are fake...

Maybe you also see it the way you do because fake profiles dont target women in the same vast quantities that they target men since most men are perhaps a bit on the easy side.... Most of the time a fake profile targeting men is after something weather its to get you to sing up to some cam model site... give them money. id theft, ect.... however the rare fake profile is market research that for example on OKC the owners already admitted to using once to "research" on its user base... some sites use them to make the female population of a site seem larger... other times its romance scammers, (those thats one breed of fake profile that targets women more then men and usually take more work and commitment to pull off effectively).... The only time a real fake profile is going to stop messaging a person is if they evaluated the person a a difficult target, they failed to get what they wanted enough times... they were discovered, they got what they want, or in the case of the site sanctions research profiles when they have takes for about 2 weeks it typical.... they will dispensary then reappear several months later with the same photo but a different name and backstory sometimes targeting the same person who most of the time wont remember unless they are like me... their are so many types or fakes and tactics they use....

Maybe guys who dont know any better call everyone a fake profile when they assert them selves to no avale but tahts stupid and probably an ego thing... it takes more then not answering to be a fake and unless abandoned a fake wont hesitate usually to insear as many as it can manage at a time....

IF you dont believe me I guess a way to test it would to make a fake profile your self but as a guy... you dont need to message anyone or view anyone but you will get hit up by fakes.... HOWEVER maybe not so much anymore ON THIS SITE... since my original post Ive yet to encounter a fake profile aside from a meet game bot or two....

Last thing oh I know guys suck at detecting fake profiles or falsely detecting them and one mistake they make is assuming if the person messages them they are real but if they dont they are fake.... its not how it goes... a fake may stop messaging after giving out external links or contact very quickly though.. its rare for a "real" women to do this... it happens sometimes? yes... but not often so its one of the red flags.. their are many...
 JoeCow
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/3/2017 2:59:14 PM

Holy cow, JoeCow! Eighteen months later and you have returned.

You do realize the majority of those who responded to you, are no longer here..........right?

Ok meanwhile back at the ranch.
I guess I was lucky when I was looking to date. Don't remember any fake profiles. Met a few "fake men" , was contacted by a few spammers but I learned early to communicate by voice and meet sooner not later.

Indeed I do.. My manner of typing in the stream of contentiousness - inner monologue way may make me appear that im clueless as well as my choices of actions at times which some would argue as pointless... like replying to an old thread after stumbling on it while sorting old bookmarks because I felt it wrong I never answered any of them... they may be gone but hey I tried...

Yes I would think you would not run into a fake profile being a women and all.. Most fakes that target women are of the romance scam verity which takes commitment over time to drain the victim of resources via sympathy or what the women believes is long distance true love... they often gauge their targets quickly and if a target it not nieav enough they may move on... unlike the fakes targeting which dont mind to get as many going at the same time as possible since guys are easy to pony up money just for the chance to get laid... so its a lot of not serious types get caught up mostly but dudes looking for more get caught up in the bs sometimes too.. It can be sad too cause for some of them the bot or fake may be the first ting appearing to be female that says things that make him believe for a moment he is desirable and weather your a guy, girl or other, most everyone wants to be desirable - wants to be wanted... Its one thing if you know you are... or if your someone who gets too much attention, then its easy to take for granted that basic human need but for some the spam bot and fakes feed on that for their own gain....

Like you said tho you dont have to be a scammer to be a "fake" in the metaphoric sense. Sometimes I think online matching brings out the worst in both sexes. and everyone is so Self-consciousness that their is much false advertising... people often dont act the same, when you meet them, sometimes they dont look the same, or even have the same interests they claimed to have with you... there are all kind of tricks, white lies, and more serious ones that would make me question if I really wanted to be with a certain person... not because of what it was but because of the deceit... It goes with out saying that there is a great deal of disingenuousness used by both men and women to be mindful of. Sometimes its as simple as misleading to artificially increase their chances other times it points to a serious character, or moral discrepancy, or something worse. regardless putting up a facade can be exhausting for some or people become less careful as confidence starts to grow - either way the truth would come out later more often then not.... Some know this and count on it I guess so hope by then the other person will be too invested to give up on it but false advertising online can often put a sour taste in someones mouth. I personally rather know who im dealing with from the start or at least well before meeting. No one likes being lied to but I in particular do not tolerate lies of Malice or those done to keep certain things I otta know hidden (she has a bf already, okay .... and he dose not know... yeah I wont stay in a situation like that).
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 25
Another fake proflile
Posted: 2/3/2017 4:20:21 PM
Well JoeCow, Every once in awhile, someone comes along in the Forums, and I'm impressed, in a good way. Between what you have written here and in your profile, I somehow get the impression, ..............you're a fairly decent guy. Not sure what your relationship status is, but that's not relevant to me. LOL The lack of paragraphs is a bit difficult to muddle thru, but aside from your writing style, I appreciate a man who returns to finish what he started and makes an attempt to explain his actions,/his thought process.
Thumbs up.........Carry on
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Another fake proflile