Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MissScawlett
Msg: 1
Weird questionsPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I've been on a couple of dates with a guy I met from here. Things seemed to be going well until he started asking me a series of what I thought were kind of odd questions. For instance: "Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?" I think you get the gist. He seems a little self-centered and arrogant. But maybe I'm being overly-sensitive or taking it wrong?

What would you ladies say about these types of questions?
 Brisco414
Msg: 2
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 7:44:13 AM
I don't think you're being over sensitive. For only a couple of dates those questions are inappropriate ...at least for me they are.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 3
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:04:50 AM
I met a guy for a nice quiet Sunday brunch and he said he wanted a woman that was willing to clean the house, do the ironing and the cooking as his ex did none of that. I told him that I'd done it for 30 odd years and if I lived with a man again that the first thing we would do with our combined funds was to hire a cleaning lady. Fvck that, I've cleaned more than my share of toilets after a husband and two sons. Anyway, that was our one and only date. Lol.

I also met one guy who wanted to smell me. He had a thing about hygiene and sniffed my neck. Other than that, I haven't had any questions that make me think, WTF.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 4
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:21:58 AM
Simply throw the question back at him. "Do you know how to shop for a woman? Do you understand what a particular woman may like? Are you capable of pleasing a woman? And not just in the bedroom where it's all ego and bravado, but in REAL LIFE, when the chips are down, or when there are small yet meaningful victories?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 5
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:23:53 AM

For instance: "Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?" I think you get the gist.

Jeezus....what possesses somebody to ask questions like that on the first few dates.... heck at anytime! You should of just said hell no.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 6
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:43:30 AM
If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream.
Men bring this up during our first telephone conversation.

Of course this is a lead-in to asking about my ability to have an orgasm.

I can't help thinking that the man's insensitive, crude pushiness turned off his wife. It certainly turned off me.

I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply. Help me out, folks. What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 7
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:46:24 AM
Yes...Just weird...I don't know what people are thinking when they say stuff like that.
I got a first message from a fellow yesterday and he said he liked swimming naked....along with some other normal things...
but why...is it some sort of test?
Attractive to me but it just hit me as an odd thing to write on a first message.
I just wrote...back and said..." I am sure you'll have no problem finding someone...good luck".

@LH....I've got one for you...when they say that...
Oh that's too bad...guess, she couldn't think of anyone she liked at the time.......

tallish3243
Msg: 8
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:55:50 AM

If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream. Men bring this up during our first telephone conversation.

I have absolutely no doubt normal guys ask this question of women they don't know all of the time. LOL

See what I mean folks. Look at how the women demean guys on this board. They date hundreds of people but all of those guys have faults. Guys routinely complain to strange women that "his wife never had an orgasm". I mean that is just a normal part of a conversation when having a first, second, third conversation with guys.

See what I mean. I see what is going on here. You have women who hate men, and offend them over and over and over . . but they do so cleverly, for example in the guise of asking innocent questions about why guys routinely ask "weird" questions.

Yes folks, I am married. And yes I have been married forever. And yes, I do not know a large number of single guys in my age range . . . but I know for a fact NONE of them would have so little class as to say the type of stuff women on these boards repeatedly accuse men of doing. The hatred, the venom by the regulars, the serial daters is stark on here.

From my vantage point it is somewhat amusing. I just don't get why so many guys don't see exactly what I see, or perhaps you do and its not worth getting upset over.

But if I say something like, unattractive older women are not highly sought after in the dating world, a trollish woman attacks me. Pathetic.
 moraima
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:03:26 AM
" "Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?" )

I would have laughed and said sorry I don't date high maintenance girly men. Thanks for letting me know early that we aren't compatible.

"If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream. "
I have never heard that, but I have heard that they had to beg their wives for sex. All that tells me is that he probably is really not a good lover.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 10
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:19:23 AM
Tallish:
Look at how the women demean guys on this board. The hatred, the venom by the regulars, the serial daters is stark on here.

You are wrong. I do not hate men. This Friday I am getting together with a man who has been a gentleman, interesting and fun during phone conversations. I'm looking forward to it. He has been interested in me for over a year.

Guys routinely complain to strange women that "his wife never had an orgasm". I mean that is just a normal part of a conversation when having a conversation with guys.

This is a normal part of conversation with men? Maybe between men. Not in my world.

Asking about my ability to have an orgasm is tacky and inappropriate, especially during our first conversation. Show some class. Act like a gentleman.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 11
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:26:57 AM

f I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream.

Reminds me of a Bette Midler joke (channeling Sophie Tucker I think):

Him: Honey, you never tell me when you have an orgasm.

Her: But John, You're never there!
 tallish3243
Msg: 12
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:32:37 AM
Its all about mocking guys Literate. That much is obvious. Men mock women too on here, but not nearly to the degree they are mocked.

I think Markus saw what was going on here and that is why he gave up on the boards. These boards are not conducive to dating, they are conducive only to fostering the war between the sexes.

I can't imagine any woman talking about guys in instant messages or on the phone the way they talk about them on this board.

I suspect that many of the women on here have hurt their chances of dating because of their participation on these boards and what they write.

I would never want to date a woman who publicized her sex life in the sex forums.
I would never want to date a woman who demeaned men the way so many do on these boards.
I would never want to date a woman who was constantly obnoxious, offensive or just plain ornery and mean.
I would never want to date a serial dater.
I would never want to date a women who appeared angry or bitter on here.

You women who post on here have got to be nuts when you portray yourselves to the world the way you do, photos and all. Except for those of you showing even dispositions, humor and gentleness, you are hurting your own causes imho.

Show some class ladies.

Just saying. Take it for what it is worth or ignore it if you choose. But my words are truth.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:35:54 AM
That sounds like a red flag. Those questions are inappropriate and if it was me I would not see him anymore.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 14
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:42:34 AM
@Halftimedad
That's a good one....got to remember that....one.
@LH....that's correct, it's about being a gentleman...don't send out or ask weird messages if you want a date.
I had one man message me and suggest a date and where and "if" we hit it off I could take him home after....wth.
Yep...I feel a lot of men shoot themselves in the foot...not looking for a crass, rude man.

If he talks like that to me and he doesn't even know me...what would he say to friends and family when I am not in
ear shot or if he is just looking to get laid....he better go back and read the PUA handbook.....again.

Just saying. Take it for what it is worth or ignore it if you choose. But my words are truth.

Lol...There is not a thing I write on these boards that I am ashamed of or would hide.
Just answering the question....what did you contribute.....just more baiting and flaming....trolling.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 15
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:48:55 AM
Alas I would have replied
" does this Man have a vagina?"
Honest I would have given him my death glare and walked away.
Please your Man * snort laugh*
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 16
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:01:11 AM

come up with a smart aleck, witty reply. Help me out, folks. What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?

"You mean while you are there or gone?" or " You mean in the first five minutes?"

Kudos to halftime for this:

Bette Midler joke (channeling Sophie Tucker I think):

Him: Honey, you never tell me when you have an orgasm.

Her: But John, you're never there!
 newoldgirl
Msg: 17
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:05:09 AM
If someone asks and odd question, I just say "That' an interesting question. Why do you ask?"
 loveisatemple
Msg: 18
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:29:03 AM
Sounds like he wants a sugarmom. My answer would be No. I guess it would end there. Barf.
 rennips1949
Msg: 19
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:53:12 AM

I would never want to date a woman who publicized her sex life in the sex forums.
I would never want to date a woman who demeaned men the way so many do on these boards.
I would never want to date a woman who was constantly obnoxious, offensive or just plain ornery and mean.
I would never want to date a serial dater.
I would never want to date a women who appeared angry or bitter on here.

In a prior post to this thread you stated that you are married...so are you also looking for other women to date?

You women who post on here have got to be nuts when you portray yourselves to the world the way you do, photos and all.

I respectfully disagree and respectfully submit that you yourself seem angry and bitter.
 tallish3243
Msg: 20
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:07:17 AM
^^^^ I am not allowed to speak in hypotheticals???

Rennips, all due respect, but you do not portray on this board the necessary macho to try to compete with the Alphas here. I would suggest a dating site that caters to seniors and your target audience should be 60 year old women and up. Your trying to date women in the 45 age range is a lost cause. I guarantee your trying to kiss up to them and trying to appear the wise, senior man will get you nowhere here. Why drive yourself crazy?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 21
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:16:08 AM

What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?

LOL, LH, I have noooo idea. I embrace the direct/blunt approach.

He asks an inappropriate sex question/he brings up the ex and sex?
LMAO!

REPLY: "I have no desire to continue with this conversation or participate, Thank you for your time, Good bye!"
Disconnect, and ignore.
YES it IS this simple!

Miss Scawlett, I get the impression he is testing the water here. Checking to see if you are the kind of woman who will take "good care of him". As IG suggested return his questions with your own.

LOL I have never been asked those kind of questions. As much as I am a "family oriented" woman, I don't seem to fit the stereotype of a "Take care of ya", woman.

I mean that is just a normal part of a conversation when having a first, second, third conversation with guys.

Bull manure. I weeded out the sex talkers, and/or those who wanted to tell me alllllll about the sexless ex. GAG!
 rennips1949
Msg: 22
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:20:04 AM
rallish, I'm not the married man trolling a dating site forum.
I believe I have mentioned previously that I am only interested in dating women of my own age.
I believe I have mentioned previously that I created a PoF account for purpose of forum participation, in order to explore some questions. I prefer to do my actual dating from real life meetings.
I am also beginning to suspect that these forums may be skewed and therefore perhaps not the best source of information.
Funny that you equate anger, bitterness and dissatisfaction with life as "alpha" and "macho".
If my wife were still alive I'd be spending time with her, not trolling and posturing on a dating site forum.
To speak directly to the OT...
yes,IMHO, those ARE weird questions.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 23
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:29:52 AM

If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream.

You mean the college degreed, so called well-educated guys who manage to get through your rigorous, state of the art pre-screening process by lying?

I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply.

Or screen better.

This Friday I am getting together with a man who has been a gentleman, interesting and fun during phone conversations. I'm looking forward to it. He has been interested in me for over a year.

What have you been waiting for?
I thought you were one of those advocates to meet quickly so you don't waste a lot of time on incompatible people?

Bizarre.
 tallish3243
Msg: 24
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:41:57 AM

Funny that you equate anger, bitterness and dissatisfaction with life as "alpha" and "macho".
If my wife were still alive I'd be spending time with her, not trolling and posturing on a dating site forum.

Nevertheless, here you are on a board with few women who would be in the faintest interested in you. You can try to portray yourself as wise, reasonable and seasoned statesman, but it won't mean a hill of beans. The women here probably look at you as trolling for a nursemaid for yourself.

There are cites that cater to your age demographic, but rather than troll there you are trolling here, which indicates to me you are delusional to think you will have a chance with some of the younger women here. Perhaps you think that sucking up to them will make a difference. Good luck with that.
 rennips1949
Msg: 25
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:53:36 AM

here you are on a board with few women who would be in the faintest interested in you.

And I am supposed to care about this because....?

I'm here for the forums.

All your ravings about what I'm looking for are simply projection.
I wish you the very best of luck in finding a clue.

And again, I hold my opinion that the questions reported in the OT are weird.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions