Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 qutywi224
Msg: 1
MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HEREPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Remember folks, Marcus is still in charge of this company. He knows what is going on here. He knows long time posters are being removed. He is either behind it all, or it happens with his approval and blessings.

Ultimately the CEO of any company is responsible for what happens and goes on with that company. And what do we know about Marcus ? We know he's a computer geek who lucked out by providing the POF platform at just the right time.

We know money does not mean mental soundness. Donald Trump is clear evidence of that.

Is Marcus the one actually pulling the leavers, like oz behind the curtain? Personally I believe there is a good chance that he is. Regardless that he has allowed the carnage here to take place as it has does not in my opinion be5speak very well of him.
 Seki1949
Msg: 2
view profile
History
MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:01:18 PM
This profile won't last long. Same in details as several other recently deleted profiles.

I can't imagine Marcus knows or cares what is happening here. Some day soon I expect one of his employees to just nuke these forums and bye-bye all.
 qutywi224
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:06:29 PM
F*CK MARKUS. It's his job to know what goes on here. Rather than in piecemeal zapping long term posters, if he wants to close down the board then he should just get it done rather than play all these games with the members
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:22:14 PM
F*ck Markus? I've had Markus. He wasn't that great.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:28:17 PM
While it's true, that the Forums have a few troublemakers running loose currently, BF did create a site feature long ago that is the Swiss Army knife of site features. Currently, with the push of just one button, that feature enables ALL Forumites to determine and CONFIRM intent and motive for all the "new" Forum arrivals.
 baconflavoredbacon
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:42:05 PM
Oops, looks like somebody's lost their bacon.

In general, trouble makers usually do. They manage to take some people down with them - collateral damage - in their personal hate campaigns.

I hope whatever the problem is, that it gets solved.

I need some bacon-flavored beer.
 kingzapper
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:49:04 PM
What is absolutely true Slaffa, regardless of any troublemakers here, is that the people running this board are doing so in an incompetent and dysfunctional way. If it goes beyond incompetence and instead to intentional, then there is something wrong with the man behind the curtains who ultimately is responsible for what happens here. I agree with op, and if that means my alias is nuked , I can live with the consequences.

If you are some sort of employee of pof, then you and all of your coworkers should be ashamed about how poorly you have been managing this boardd these last few months. Monkeys could do a better job.
 Seki1949
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2015 4:22:50 PM

Any better than being at 10,000 + feet with a pack on your back and the wind in your face and the nearest trailhead 2 days away?

Slaffa, is your location of Tampa, Florida correct?
 Lindsay_G
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/26/2015 7:23:59 PM
Markus was an idiot. He wanted to write programs that is about it. And he was not very good at that.

No one is running the board. And those prior were terrible., Except for those who were part of the "good ole boy" club.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2015 9:32:35 PM
If this site has been taken over or bought by another company why would Markus still be influential or even here?
Despite the problems this forum is about the best I have encountered online despite the dwindling posters.
 MIOAK
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/27/2015 6:40:07 AM
The number of posters is not decreasing. Just rejoin under a new name and IP. What is decreasing is Free Speech and tolerance of opposing views. Clearly , if someone does not support the global , zio agenda , they will be exiled to the cyber gulag. How futile.
 2ufo
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/27/2015 7:57:00 AM
Mioak - I disagree with you on the decrease of free speech, however what is the 'global zio agenda'? Thank you.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/27/2015 7:58:16 AM
I know for sure I did NOT follow a yellow brick road, to get here, although there have been sightings of a lion, a tin man AND a "Mooning scarecrow". Toto, wandered off months ago, I'm positive "we aren't in Kansas anymore" .

The strangest thing however. I have a pair of ruby slippers in my closet. Hmmmm? LOL
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/27/2015 8:09:33 AM

lindsay_g :
Markus was an _____. He wanted to write programs that is about it. And he was not very good at that.

No one is running the board.
And those prior were terrible., Except for those who were part of the "good ole boy" club.

Just the fact he sold the site for half a billion dollars, and lots of members are STILL getting deleted for having a difference of opinion, shows you aren't well versed on the inner workings of this company.
 strappern
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/27/2015 11:13:10 AM
Of course people are running the board. There are and have always been moderators here who have the power to delete posts, threads, and non-upgraded profiles... upgraded means the profile has a legally enforceable right to post here and provides cash flow to pof..so they won't be deleted.

How well the board is being run is open to debate. Some of the moderators are regular posters here. Slaffa may be one, but likely they are not generally publicly known by the members. On the other hand, being mods and human, they probably tell their friends privately.

The mods have played favorites. That is clear from any observing what's been going on here. They don't like certain people so target them. Others get a pass. Example. . If a particular mod is a feminist, woe to any man who voices anti-feminist opinions. He won't last long.

auto deleting...., ip addresses are individual to the network and ip addresses can be and have been targeted by pof. I still believe auto deleting happens for certain ip addresses. Or a targeted ip address will not allow registration for a pof profile.

Reporting causing profile nuking or simply a mod terminating because of too many reports? Debatable. No moderator, no matter how much an azz, should have terminated some of the profiles that have been terminated. I would hope that is the consequence of mental cases reporting people they didn't like and auto deletion. If pof disabled that feature, it's about time.

In the end however the responsibility for the way people have been played here still ends up with the big fish himself. Is he behind the frivolous nukings or merely complicit?
 deetristate
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/28/2015 4:01:43 AM
Some people were just chased off. By the foul language of some that took over the forums this summer,

It is obvious that some of the more extreme posters were just bored teachers who have returned to work.

Others just get tired of being stalked or contradicted or just the general negativity that seems to explode after ANY posting (see that HAPPY, HAPPY tone of the initial post regarding the Pope and the vitriol that follows, as an example.

I wouldn't think that "Markus" has time or cares, really.
 MIOAK
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/28/2015 5:04:45 AM
I've always had the idea that POF is very agenda driven. Very apologist , anti American , anti Male , anti White , anti Christian. If any of the "fish" beg to differ , woe to thee. Thus the site is being intellectually dishonest , doing their best to assert their or Mark's agenda. Those of differing opines , will do time in the cyber gulag for having the absolute nerve to question pseudo authority. Proponents of the murky waters will assert that Mark owns the domain and can do as he wishes with "our" profiles. IMHO , this is where the legal quandry begins. This is why some folks , mostly women , post the disclaimer. What would you think if you were driving and saw your profile pic on a billboard? LOL. Does the "carnage" give respect to American Freedoms such as speech , press , assembly , and thought? No. So , again , the canadien culture differs. The subjects of the queen are not so aware of American Freedoms. Perhaps , they really do not want to accept the responsibility that such Freedom's require?
 Blonde_Angel_In_Tennessee
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/28/2015 6:56:13 AM

Others just get tired of being stalked or contradicted or just the general negativity that seems to explode after ANY posting (see that HAPPY, HAPPY tone of the initial post regarding the Pope and the vitriol that follows, as an example.

I wouldn't think that "Markus" has time or cares, really

Agreed. I've been on the forums on & off under many user names since 2006--I consider myself an alumni, LoL

In the last couple of years, I've seen this board disintegrate into a cesspool of posturing & posing, out & out lies, chicanery & as of late THREATS.

I refuse to participate in gamey tactics.

If someone has something to say, say it openly as your authentic self.

A former poster made an eloquent statement about this board attracting a higher percentage of DSM-V disordered folks & folks w/ addictions. No judgment, but I worked hard on myself, why do I want to deal w/ THAT if I don't have to?

I also see how history has been re-written by revisionists ;0P

This is/was a free service that provided me w/ countless hours of entertainment over the years, but I am not compelled to participate other than to the level which I choose, period!
 ohenryx
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2015 8:41:49 AM

strappern
Of course people are running the board. There are and have always been moderators here who have the power to delete posts, threads, and non-upgraded profiles... upgraded means the profile has a legally enforceable right to post here and provides cash flow to pof..so they won't be deleted.

Hmmm… I don’t think so. To both of the ideas in the quote. Number one, I don’t think there are any “moderators”, not in the sense that Miss A and Cowboy were moderators. Certainly, there are people running this site, people who have “admin” privileges. But I think they are mostly ignoring the forums. However, that is merely what I “think”, I have no inside knowledge. And it would appear that no one else posting here has any inside knowledge either.

Number two, I really doubt that my “upgraded status” is keeping me from being deleted. Back in the day, it certainly didn’t help me when Miss A decided to give me a permanent partial ban! (smile)

deetristate
It is obvious that some of the more extreme posters were just bored teachers who have returned to work.

An interesting thought and one that had not occurred to me until you mentioned it. My take was that they finally got bored and drifted away, but you might be right, who knows?

deetristate
I wouldn't think that "Markus" has time or cares, really.

Now this statement I agree with, fully. Markus has been making a regular income of tens of millions of dollars per year for several years. Why would a man with that kind of money give a tinker’s damn what the peasants here in the forums think?
 SLAFFA
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:15:57 AM
Regardless of who or what is behind the Mods no longer being "visible", there is now an existing record of what happens when the inmates are [apparently] allowed to run the asylum. There IS an existing record of what BF thought of the majority of Forum users 6 or 7 years ago and he DID allow the Forums to continue unchanged until fairly recently.

For sure, some folks here are quite happy with the current format because it is currently far easier for folks to vent their frustrations using these Forums.

And as long as many here think it's OK to feed the alligators... some of the more productive contributors will continue to be chased away.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:20:14 AM

Markus has been making a regular income of tens of millions of dollars per year for several years. Why would a man with that kind of money give a tinker’s damn what the peasants here in the forums think?

Only because he is a successful man, doesn't mean he doesn't (or shouldn't) like to " play" on the internet.
He created this forum ( his baby) for THAT reason. Smart way of relax without spending money.

I think after a hard day of work, It is a "safe" way for him to relax, and have some fun interacting with different kind of people in this, his forum.
Playing with people, making them mad, or whatever I believe is his " tactic"....Lol.

I believe He has ( and will be) always around.
He will never abandon his baby, his creation, because it is part of him, he is addicted to it.!

Just a little of logic and common sense,... right?
 sailinges
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:39:21 AM
Slaffa, did somebody mention Alligators? I heard and came running. You do seem to be very anti-alligator. Alligators are to be respected. They do not succumb to thought control or behavior control. They do not try to tell other alligators what to think or what to say. They do not see themselves as being superior to other alligators, do not look down with contempt on other alligators because those alligators don't think like they do. Alligators, like people, have different personalities.

Alligators also know who their enemies are and they avoid them whenever possible. But if alligators were posting here, they would find that their enemies are invisible, consisting of intolerance and provincial thinking, arrogance, and smugness.

And if an alligator did come here and wanted to vent its frustration . . . why would that be so bad? Is that not what discussion boards are all about?

Alligators are not full of themselves. They are not trite and petty. They just go about being alligators. The people running the asylum here are those who have the keys of moderation. Don't put this on the members. This is no grand experiment. Any social scientist could have easily predicted what would happen when members were given the right to attempt to control other members. So who is in the end the person or people responsible for this all?

Alligators know this without experimentation and that is why they get along so well. They sleep on each other, swim together, feed together, because they learned that cooperation is the best way to survive. People are the exact opposite. They will tear each other down whenever possible to gain an advantage.

I'm just an alligator hunter and I don't know a lot. But one thing I do know is this board has lost some of its most interesting characters and players and are far less interesting now than in the past. POF has gained nothing and lost everything. It has created a lot of ill will for some people. Why would a business intentionally harm its own reputation? It makes no sense.

Some people have felt compelled to pay a fee to this site just so they can post their opinions without being repeatedly deleted. That is very sad and perhaps the intent of Administration all of the time. Many others have sworn off having anything to do with POF again.

An alligator never would have made the mistakes that have been made here. Don't sass my friends the gators. You and Admin could learn a lot from them. Get over yourself. Being a moderator here is no great shakes. Nobody is impressed
 sailinges
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:43:24 AM

Only because he is a successful man, doesn't mean he doesn't (or shouldn't) like to " play" on the internet.
He created this forum ( his baby) for THAT reason. Smart way of relax without spending money.

Exactly. And this is his baby. You know he is still interested in it, which is why it is unfathomable to me why he has allowed the boards to go into ruin.

He is still the computer geek he always was, still suffering from whatever issues he suffered from before. Nothing has changed except he has a few hundred million in his pocket. Donald Trump has at least 4 Billion and if you saw sixty minutes last night, the guy is a mental case . . . imho.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:45:21 AM
Logic and common sense would say that Markus does not come to the forums. He has a successful business and a girlfriend/wife and money and vacation homes. I'm sure the sale of POF has taken some of his time as well and I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking for other business ventures. He's young, why not.

As for him being on the forums - I highly doubt it. Why? There is nothing on here that would make him hang around. Do you think he is sitting around just waiting for someone to post something insightful in the Dating Experiences threads or the Sex and Dating threads??? No. If I was a millionaire the last thing I'd be doing from my yacht in Florida or vacation home in San Diego is reading POF forums.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/28/2015 10:03:18 AM
American alligators reside nearly exclusively in the freshwater rivers, lakes, swamps, and marshes of the southeastern United States, primarily Florida and Louisiana.

Hatchlings are 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 centimeters) long with yellow and black stripes. Juveniles, which are on the menu for dozens of predators, including birds, raccoons, bobcats, and even other alligators, usually stay with their mothers for about two years.

Adult alligators are apex predators critical to the biodiversity of their habitat. They feed mainly on fish, turtles, snakes, and small mammals. However, they are opportunists, and a hungry gator will eat just about anything, including carrion, pets and, in rare instances, humans.

Hmmm yes, "even other alligators" will eat the juveniles. Nice.
And yes if provoked a gator will attack a human, and yes, "a hungry gator will eat just about anything..................humans".

............this board has lost some of its most interesting characters and players ........

Says who?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE