Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Farewell POF.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AussieNancy
Msg: 1
Farewell POF. Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm actually in tears as I write this so please excuse any typing erros.

I joined here in 2008. LOVED it. Had many lovely dates, met a guy and we were happy for 18 months. Came back as Holly 63. Account was auto deleted due to certain circumstances but dear *Cowboy* helped and supported me during that time and for a long time afterwards. Trapped helped too. He was fantastic.

Time went on; depression raised its ugly head and I deleted myself but shortly afterwards I came back as AussieNancy. Some welcomed me back, others continued on their merry way to participate in the forums, I had messages from blokes....all was well. Was nice to come back anyway.

Why am I teary? Because I miss the good ol' days of this site. I'm going to miss many people here. I love you and I wish you all the very, very best.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 1:47:25 AM
Farewell.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 3
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 1:55:15 AM
Love to KJ and Crook. Thankyou for everything. xxx

Eric? You are fantastic and I'll miss your kindness. Blessings to all. xxx
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 3:50:05 AM
This forum all but saved my life when I first got here, and now it's been driven into near non-existence.

Sorry to see you go from it as well.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 4:18:59 AM
I will leave the Forum when they pry my cold, dead hands from the keyboard . . . .

I'm with Igor. It helped me immensely in the early days of my POF dating, and I attribute part of my success to the helpful people in the forums (and that includes in particular the tough love ones that always get criticized for their direct styles).

Why are you leaving, if it makes you so sad?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 6
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 4:19:20 AM

This forum all but saved my life when I first got here, and now it's been driven into near non-existence.

I hear you Igor. I feel the same. I put up my original pic for old time's sake. POF was much happier back then.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 7
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 5:04:38 AM

Why are you leaving, if it makes you so sad?

I posted in tears about an hour and a half ago. I've chatted to a few people and I don't want to go now.

I'll just stay quiet for a while as I'm unwell. I have Bi Polar / chronic depression and life is a little difficult at the moment. I guess I'm on a "down time" as I call it but I'll crawl out of it and smile again.....and not be so assertive in the forums as I have been of late as that is not the true me. I'm of a gentle nature naturally.
I want to stay here. Too many people over the years here have been of incredible support and in light of that I wont let them down.

I cant ask for this thread to be deleted as there are no Mods to do that now. My main photo I put up is an old one, yes, and I'll keep it as my main for a week or so then change it to a current one. I hope that's okay and wont get reported.

Still a little teary here. Bless you all and thanks for reading this. xx
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 5:10:13 AM
Sorry to hear of your health problems. These are difficult issues to be dealing with.

I hope you will feel better, soon!
 AussieNancy
Msg: 9
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 5:16:39 AM
Thanks LiliMarleen. xxx
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 10
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:11:52 AM

..............helpful people in the forums (and that includes in particular the tough love ones that always get criticized for their direct styles).

LOL I have been accused of being a "Bad azz" . I have heard people, tell other people, "Watch out she'll kick your azz"
I have been surprised when this happens. And yet, I have by far, heard more often, "I know you mean what you say", "If ever I need a friend, you WILL be there for me". "I know you will protect and defend me".
My direct approach, my tough love, is not always perceived well, LOL

Aussienancy, there are good days and bad days here in the Forums.
There are good people, happy people, helpful/sincere people, the comedians, the flirts, the not so sincere people, confrontational folks, the whiners and complainers. Those who write from personal experience and those who reveal nothing of themselves, the philosophers. There are long timers here. There are those who pop in and out like a hot air popper. Then there ARE the proverbial trolls.

To some they remember the "good ol' days". To some, there were no "good ol' days."
A Forum venue is subjective. What you may like, someone else does not.

It is best to take things with a grain of salt.
If reading the Forums brings sadness, find other things to do for a day, or two, or a week.
Or read the recipe threads, LOL or humor threads.

Please stick around, we need all the help we can find! LOL
 flaneur001
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 2:19:46 PM
AussieNancy,

I'm delighted you've had a change of heart and you've decided to stay! I appreciate your kind and thoughtful approach to POF threads...

Endogenous depression is certainly frustrating and hard to deal with. I hope you find the balance you need to feel more grounded. Given the difficulty on the forums I suggest you ignore what is negative, it's simply not worth the emotional expenditure.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 12
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 3:05:07 PM
^^^^ Thanks so much guys.

I'll be sure to take heed of your advise; if I don't like what I'm reading I'll simply read something else. And as you say, Flaneur, it really IS not worth the emotional expenditure. xx
 kj521
Msg: 13
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 7:41:32 PM
Oh My Goodness....Ms. Nancy!

You can't leave! I just got back!

Don't leave this way!
I can't survive....I can't even stay alive
Without your love...

Please!

Don't leave me this way...
I can't exist and you know I will surely miss
Your tender kiss....don't leave me this way

Oh baby, my heart is full of love and desire for you (<------we might need to talk about this)
Now, come on down and do what you've got to do
You started this fire down in my soul

Now can't you see it's burning out of control? (<------Too much? Over the top?)
Then come on, satisfy the need in me
'Cos only your good loving can set me free
Set me free, set me free

^^^^^^Okaaaay.....may have not been the best song choice but....hey....message is the same....we love you and want you to stay! :D
 AussieNancy
Msg: 14
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/28/2015 8:47:01 PM

Oh baby, my heart is full of love and desire for you (<------we might need to talk about this)

OMG. You crazy adorable girl.
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 15
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/29/2015 1:35:44 PM
Aussienancy, hang in there.

But your post does bring up some good points. What if the Board Nazis are nuking people who use this message board as some sort of lifeline? Think of the possible consequences to those people who are nuked.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 16
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:21:03 PM
I rarely come to this Forum and I only found this thread because I follow [the posts] of a very few folks on this site that have that magical ability to stay positive and above the fray. I think it is a really good way to let other sharp folks do the digging and slogging here if you want to stay positive and save time.

And the next time you get down? I think many people seem to forget the magical power of music. I hope you have a few tunes that can always elevate your mood?

Here is just one if perhaps you don't have any. Song of the year for a good reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP03ysPvfvc
 AussieNancy
Msg: 17
Farewell POF.
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:32:52 PM
OMG!
SLAFFA, thankyou for that. I played the clip over and over.

Cause leavin' didn't hurt me near as badly,
As the tears I saw rollin' down your face..."

I havn't heard that song before. Yes, music is wonderful therapy. I'm a musician; I play the piano. I have a baby Grand. The poor thing has copped my temper and sadness hundreds of times over the years but rejoiced with me in my happy times. She isn't judgmental, she never answers back; just sings with me in all moods. :)
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 18
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/1/2015 3:55:13 PM
Hey AussieNancy, sorry you're going through a bad patch. I find writing poetry very freeing. I was tentative and shy at first, who do I think I am, a POET?? But once I got into it, I felt more comfortable exploring my more darker emotions, experiences, etc. Especially in this place, where we are anonymous to a certain extent.

Feel free to join the rest of us misfits over in 'Poetry and Quotes'<
 SLAFFA
Msg: 19
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/1/2015 10:07:17 PM
And if you are not in the mood for music or poetry?

The below 105 second clip should certainly put a big smile on your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-E8QKUOhFY

Hard to believe that it was 3 years ago that they won.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 20
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/2/2015 1:05:48 AM
Awww. Thankyou so much, guys for your kind words and inspiration. It really means a lot.

Definitely poetry is therapeutic too. Its always a good outlet to write. I might just take you up on joining the "misfits" as you say, CarefreeBeauty. I don't think I've ever looked at that forum.

SLAFFA? I love that clip with the dog. Made me smile big time, thankyou.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 21
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/2/2015 6:36:39 AM

. I might just take you up on joining the "misfits"

Excuse the poor word choice.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 22
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/2/2015 2:14:06 PM
^^^ That's okay. I know it was said in jest. It made me laugh.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 23
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/3/2015 3:14:31 AM
You're not leaving, are you?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 24
Farewell POF.
Posted: 10/3/2015 3:09:02 PM
^^^^ Not any more. I had a change of heart. And I'm steering clear of any more troll threads. :)
 curlygrl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 11/13/2015 9:46:38 AM
I have not been here in a really long time and am actually getting ready to leave.

I saw this post and had to chime in.

There was a time when I would race home to jump on these forums all night eating
My supper by the glow of my laptop.

I met my man here ten years ago. I met friends I'm still friends with on these forums.

I am having a hard time letting go as believe it or not, this place had a huge impact on my life.

I wish people could have seen or knew how great these forums were.

How great the people on them were. So many personalities. So many views.

They were great great times I will never forget.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Farewell POF.