Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 1
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
To those who say "If you could ask God one question, what would it be? "

I would say, "What should be the question I ask?".
I would get the question, but no answer.

Then the universe would implode.
 denialism
Msg: 2
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 10/4/2015 4:23:51 AM
Firstly, if a god answered questions, there'd be no mystery in religion - it would have no hold on the human psyche and no practical historical use in social conditioning. Secondly, in order for a god to answer questions, it would first have to be real, and I'm not sure how well-versed any of us are on ye olde holy books, but as far as I can tell, gods seem to hold a self-justified and omnipotent rendition of every merciless, vengeful, jealous, terroristic, discriminatory and otherwise malevolent human personality trait; the world of real gods would be a seriously uncomfortable place for a human being to live. Really, gods are imaginary indestructible sociopaths; let's hope they stay imaginary.
 funchesf
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/4/2015 12:34:53 PM
probably going to need to ask the Lord Almighty more than one question...especially since the first question has to be "Do you have any I.D.?"
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:08:24 PM
If he exists, I have no burning existential questions, so probably just how's his day been.
Posted: 10/4/2015 4:36:55 PM
Wasn't there a thread already on exactly this?

If I saw god, I'd say "Whassup beyatch?!"
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/4/2015 5:32:25 PM
Oh! Of course I'd have to ask him what the next big jackpot numbers are. I mean people are always thanking god for big wins, whatever they are. So he has to know those things.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2015 6:13:50 PM
Hmm. God, eh.

How about "I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

Seriously though, I have actually tried on occasion to figure out what I'd ask if I ever met one of my most admired human beings. Movie stars, rock stars, whatever. I can't even think of anything to ask THEM. I'm fairly confident that there's nothing a god could answer for me that would be of a functional use in my life. And that's not disparaging or disrespectful in any way shape or form, either. It's just that I don't think I could truly understand the answer to any question that would be worthy of being asked.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2015 6:21:46 PM
I would ask where is my late grandmother Ruth's soul, and what I need to do to go where she is.
 9Pluto
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2015 1:05:17 AM

Hi, How are You doing?
 Tayfire
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2015 10:34:18 AM
Why are humans the worst species on the planet?
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2015 3:42:25 PM
Am I doing okay, and if not, what do I need to work on.
 sealady111
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/6/2015 3:51:23 PM
What are tonight's winning Lotto numbers?

or

WHY with everything beautiful you created did you create hate?

Then wait for her reply.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/6/2015 4:30:17 PM
I would ask him why He created the Blobfish. They're only found in Australia and New Zealand waters.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=blobfish

Why did He have to adorn US with such a creature, Sealady? Why?
 CressB
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2015 10:43:43 PM

How about "I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

You'll shoot you're eye out kid.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:02:56 PM

Then the universe would implode.

God entertains NO questions and keeps NO time
He permeates in a wave like state (everywhere at the same instant forever)

Its up to the individual to fine-tune into his "wavelength" as we are all endowed with this ability
and thus there will never be a need to ask anything because, you will have knowledge to what you could ever know, all at once; so the notion of even posing a question would be an absurdity.
 SeainaStorm
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/9/2015 12:53:52 PM
So, God... Was this for the lulz or what?
 funchesf
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/11/2015 11:10:44 AM
I would try to clear up that whole Trinity thing and in turn find out who is actually God by asking "The Father" ..."if he is the only one out of the three that can create a rock that they other two can't lift"
 FozzyBearBro
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:14:30 PM
id be like why did you put us here ***hole? we dont exist for billions of years, then boom we are here without any explanation, live about 75 years, then are taken away to be nonexistant for billions of more years i assume, so why? this seems like something you would ask a person first before throwing them into it. Hey wanna exist for awhile? Nah im good bro
 csillagjanos
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:58:06 PM
Any question would do. The trick is to get him to answer you.

It's pretty tough to answer questions without existing. The last person to do this said to me, after asking who he or she was, "you are my grandson, but I'm not your grandfather or grandmother. Actually, you are not my grandson, either."
 kidreason29
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/27/2015 6:43:29 PM

I would say, "What should be the question I ask?".
I would get the question, but no answer.

To quote and correct my self.
When I ask "What should be the question I ask?".

I would get a question AS a answer. The question I receive itself is an answer to the question I asked.

Possible Answers:
I could be told to ask "What should be the question I ask?", the same question where I asked for an answer.
So the question itself is the question I should of asked.

I would have to ask "What should be the question I ask, besides this one?". To get an question as an answer that would be different.
Posted: 10/27/2015 7:56:17 PM
Alternative thread:

If god were to ask you one question, what do you suppose it would be? Or, what would you want it to be?
 kidreason29
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:17:14 PM
If god were to ask you one question:

If God were to ask 'What should be the question that I ask?',
I would answer with the question 'What should be the question that I give you to ask?'

god would then give me the question to ask himself
 gingerosity
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 1:41:16 AM

If god were to ask you one question, what do you suppose it would be?

If it's one of the gods that is supposed to know everything, then they could not ask a question without already knowing everything about the subject including what I will say to answer. Since they will be unaffected by the exchange, the only reason for asking must be to affect the listeners in some way. So I suppose the question of a god would be whatever will affect the listeners most in the way that they intend.

Yet most definitions of omniscient gods that I've seen also tack on omnipotence, so asking questions to affect listeners would be less efficient than simply affecting them directly at will. Such gods have no need to ask questions, so the gods asking questions are probably not those kind of gods. It is probably a demigod of some kind. If a demigod asked me a question I suppose it would be "Why did you invent demigods and not more supergods? I mean, I can't even create universes. What the hell, man?"
Posted: 10/28/2015 2:02:54 AM
The demigod would be asking "hey, how do you get this thing open?" or "which way to Albuquerque?"

Yet most definitions of omniscient gods that I've seen also tack on omnipotence, so asking questions to affect listeners would be less efficient than simply affecting them directly at will.

Don't forget that these gods are a bit unstable and sadistic. And don't even make sense very often, despite being Omni-whatever. Therefore, I wouldn't put it past them to use whatever means, or asking or saying anything, which entertains their fancy or could have an unexpected reason.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 2:57:32 AM
I usually don't talk to myself.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?