Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 1
RANTPage 1 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Rather than rant on other threads and hijack them.
Come here and have a rant.
Whatever you want.
Sometimes ranting can make you feel better.

My rant of today is:

I wish people would be as advertised on dating websites.
Some honesty would be nice.

Meeting people who are so different to their self description is a waste of time.

The man I met today is unemployed, homeless (being supported by family) does not pay child support and still thinks he is as he was in his glory days of the past.

Many sentences begin with "I used to....."

e.g.
I used to have dogs.... left them with my wife.
I used to sail and have yachts..... left them overseas before I migrated here 15 years ago.
I used to work in........
I used to be......
I used to live in.............

Other questions like:
What sort of house do you live in?
How big is your house?
How much land do you have?
Do you have a swimming pool?

Uggggggghhhhh!!!!!!

The coffee and sunshine were lovely :)

End of my rant.

Your turn........................
 NJgirl116
Msg: 2
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:03:57 PM
Living with your family is not homeless. Does he contribute to the budget?
 kj521
Msg: 3
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:10:31 PM
Ms. Sealady.......

Did you ask these questions or did he?

"Other questions like: 
What sort of house do you live in?
How big is your house?
How much land do you have?
Do you have a swimming pool?"

Inquiring minds just gotta know. :)
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:12:39 PM
I once met a man who told me he had to rewrite his profile, because, because, HE COPIED IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE
So I had no idea what he was like, except lazy and and, oh !$@#
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 5
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:15:18 PM
If you're searching for a homeowner, put it in your profile.

Don't mention your timetable for sex unless I've given you a reason to do so.

RANT OVER
 katlanta
Msg: 6
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:19:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that sealady is saying he was asking her the homeowner questions.

(long time forum lurker, first post)
 sealady111
Msg: 7
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:26:31 PM
Welcome katlanta.......
You are right... he asked me about mine.
My answer... normal or small.

NJ... no I do not think he contributes to the budget.
I made a comment that his son, daughter in law and grandchildren must love having him there, helping out with the mortgage and babysitting.... This was met with awkward silence.
Apparently he keeps out of their way, staying in his room.

Come on katlanta, I am glad you have stopped lurking.
Please rant.

vvvvv I want long curly, thick hair as well.
The new shampoo that is supposed to give me Thick and Luscious hair is false advertising !!!!!

AND

why do they make the print on shampoo and conditioner so small.
I don't wear my glasses in the shower.

Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 8
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:26:46 PM
Oh! Yaaaaay!!

I feel fat. I want thick long curly hair. I hate it when drivers think "yield" means "merge". I hate it when people yell at their dogs to be quiet, and hit their kids to teach them not to hit. Speaking of dogs, I hate it when they have no boundaries - if people behaved like dogs they'd be put in jail for sexual assault.

I'll be back!
 BBEisBack
Msg: 9
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:43:57 PM

why do they make the print on shampoo and conditioner so small.
I don't wear my glasses in the shower.

The design of the Bottles, of My Conditioner & Shampoo are different....
As the Conditioner is thicker, it's bottle is designed/shaped to stand, Lid down...
The Shampoo is thinner & it stands Lid Up....

Makes it easy to tell them apart, without reading glasses.....
Maybe You should buy some Cheap drugstore reading glasses & leave them in the shower....
 sealady111
Msg: 10
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:47:22 PM
^^^^^
I HATE it when men are right. lol
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:55:30 PM
Oh cool. I'm gonna enjoy this thread now and then. What a genius thread idea. First rant...

Learn how to use your damned turn-signals! Don't wait till you see an opening to change lanes before hitting your blinker...put that thing on beforehand. The purpose of that damned thing is to communicate to other drivers, and if they see that you want to change lanes, then someone will let you over. If you're all mad because you can't get over, it's because no one knows that you're trying to get over because that dagnabit turn-signal isn't turned on!

When you're trying to merge onto the highway...speed the hell up! Don't slow down. If you want to merge safely and effectively, you don't slow down, you speed up. If you've been having trouble and it feels dangerous, it's because you're not speeding the hell up! We aren't going to kill 3 miles of traffic behind us by slowing down so much to let you in because you can't hit that gas pedal. And look at the traffic on the highway while you're still on your on-ramp beforehand...don't wait until the last minute before seeing where everybody else is and how fast they're going so you can know how to merge smoothly.

If you see someone trying to merge and they're putting out the effort to match speeds or tweak their speed to merge into traffic, I don't care if they have the yield sign or not - it won't kill you to do your miniscule part.

If you're slowing down to make a turn where someone else is waiting to pull out onto the road, put on your damned turn-signal so they have a better idea what you're probably going to do.

If there is very much traffic and you don't want to go the speed limit, get your dumb inconsiderate ass over in the slow-lane already.

Stop honking your gosh-darned horn at every little thing like it's the end of the world and someone has committed a major federal offense.

When you're making a turn, stay in your damned lane. Don't change lanes through an intersection. Stop trying to beat other people by getting around and pass them like this. The purpose of this sh!t is to be safe and not send people to the hospital or have your car all dented up. F-cking retard.

And put that damned phone down and stop texting. F-king retard.

P.S. - Oh, and well, one more for now...

I put some Halloween stuff on my apartment 2nd floor porch. It includes a thing that is triggered by sound and lights up and make scary noises. One day two kids from somewhere else had came up the stairs and were playing with it. I didn't mind, because that's part of the fun and why I have it there. But they started screwing with it physically, and were up on that 2nd floor stomping around where other people live also. So I came out and told them that they can't keep playing around loudly so much all day long because they're bothering other people. They didn't chill it out any. I came out 3 times to try and help them understand how they needed to modify their behavior. Finally...what really did it for me...upon that third time, they just stood at the top of the stairwell with a certain look. A look that said "we're just pretending to say yes-sir and are really just waiting for you to go away again so that we can continue to misbehave"...it was that innocent "f-ck off" look. That's what did it...so I walked towards them and told them "ok then you get your asses down those damned stairs, and I don't want to see you around here anymore! And I'm not going to tell you twice!" They ran away yelling "daddy". Haven't seen or heard anything of them since.

vv Hehe...we put up the seat to tinkle, but we have to put it down too? Why can't we do one part, and you do the other part? What in the world is the deal with not looking to see if the seat is down or up? And expecting the guy to perform both actions but you can't do one of them? Oh wait I forgot...it's gentlemanly, right? :)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 12
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 6:06:51 PM
sealady- In what seems like another life, before I was a nurse,I did hair.
I hated that, but I DID learn a thing or two..........
If your hair will take a perm, and yes,I'm suggesting a perm in 2015, they work WONDERS for limp hair.
Don't let them use the smallest perm rollers, the curl will be too tight.
The orange perm rollers will give you the wave and body you want.
Not willing to go the perm route?
Are you willing to set your hair in rollers before you go to bed?
You get the same effect without the chemicals.
Not willing to curl your hair?
Forget the shampoos and conditioner, they are crap.
Go for the treatments that you spray on AFTER you shampoo and condition, I hear REALLY good things about the big sexy hair product line.
Oh, and buy and big, round brush, after you put the root treatment in your hair, use the round brush and direct the heat at the roots of your hair while directing it upward, you WILL see results.
To set: Spray a little hair spray at the roots and then use the cool setting on your hair dryer to set your hair, it works.
You're welcome :)

Oh, I almost forgot my rant...............
The toilet paper goes OVER the top, darn it and yes guys, we really do need you to put the lid on the toilet down, because there is NOTHING to get you wide awake and pissed off (pun fully intended) than to go to the bathroom at night and find your hiney in a bowl full of cold water. :0 :D
 kj521
Msg: 13
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 6:11:44 PM
"When you're trying to merge onto the highway...speed the hell up! "

That is exactly what I do, Mr. Drinks, when I merge onto I-4 in Orlando, Florida.
And.....to save myself the worrying of whether someone is gonna let me in or not.....I just don't look!
Sometimes....I even close my eyes. But it's okay....cause that's usually when I'm praying. :)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 14
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 6:15:19 PM
I hate how German cars don't seem to come with turn signals. That really shouldn't be an option the owner has to pay for. Especially since none of them seem to pony up for the extra cost.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 15
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 7:06:02 PM
So Clooney, if my timetable is right now, I can't say it? Cause judging by your past comments, you won't make a move unless we do!

What's a woman to do?
 9Pluto
Msg: 16
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 8:09:06 PM
Rant
Rrrrrr Arrrrr Rarrrrrrwww Woof Woof Boo hoo hoo.

What good is a rant? Why am I canting instead of romancing? Ranting instead of dancing? Sitting on my big ass on a Friday night after getting phone numbers of the double mint girls in the Asian foods section of Walmart just a couple of hours ago. Yes, because of that stinkin' grocery store thread here somewhere, I didn't walk by like a drone this time as usual. Lo and behold, I stumble upon two hot and talkative Persian ladies looking for hot spices on a Friday night, totally lost (it's frightening), and were amazed that I instantly found what they wanted. Such a lame pickup line followed, I suck! "What a beautiful language you're speaking - which one is it?" "Persian." "Isfahan?" "How did you know, you're not American are you?" "Oh yes, I sold a carpet from Isfahan once." I'm listening to myself laughing as I do this, but it is fun. But to continue with the rant, I need to get my head examined by a pro for just saying I'll call, when I'm certain they were looking for any excuse to get out and do something starting right then and there. Ha, and me in my flip flops and gym clothes being ashamed of the presentation, when half of Florida is still running around like summer bums.

That the best I can do! Woof Woof.
/Rant
 2ufo
Msg: 17
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 8:09:37 PM
People complaining continuously about someone else's faults... and they have the same fault.

Bureaucratic paperwork.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 18
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 9:58:56 PM
So you chatted up a couple of Persian ladies! I chatted up a Korean gentleman at a Korean bar tonight. There's so much I learned. It's always good to someone smart (other than yourself).
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 19
RANT
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:33:12 PM
Rants don't do di c k for me.

When I do not like something, I decide, is it worth changing, then I go change it. Is it worth leaving the way it is, then I do that, but when it's not to my liking, I do something. Yeah, yeah, yeah. In life you have to make compromises. There are many times where you wanted to do the 6 hour bike ride, but she wanted you to spend time with the children, and you give. It is called finding a balance. But there are things where you then feel that well, it's not even. It happens. And some times you have to speak out, some times you have to stop ****ing and wait for things to unfold. Many times things unfold in the way that they should be, not the way you were angry about and thinking of doomsday crap.

So most rants are in your head. Figure out how something made you feel. Notice the words. "How it made you feel." What that means is that your emotions, not only other people's interpretations of the facts are important. And then you take corrective actions.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 20
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:20:43 AM

Figure out how something made you feel. Notice the words. "How it made you feel.

Hmm...well I had to purchase some clothing for an upcoming event and probably spent 5-600 dollars with everything and yesterday in the mail I get a circular with a coupon in it for 75% off.....did'nt take but a nano second to determine exactly how it made me feel...you've got to be shyting me! WTH!

You folks have a great Saturday. :)
 crookcatcher
Msg: 21
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 4:14:37 AM

Or getting ready I mean ~pls I know there is a lot of attitude to lateness
But ignore it

I know someone exactly like that. Not to the extent of two hours but 20-30 minutes is carved in stone. I think subconciously they think leaving home at the agreed too time is being on time. She may very well have a motivational sticker on her dresser mirror that reads...thou shalt find a way to be 20 minutes late. She's a hoot regardless. :)
 kj521
Msg: 22
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:11:53 AM
My Rant?

Is it fair that some men get more distinguished and handsome as they age? And me? Pffft! I just age!
Just look at Mr. Crookcatcher's new photo! Not fair....I tell you! Freakin' stamping my foot and everything! :/

Damn good thing I signed up for that wine, botox and filler party. ;)

Ps. Ms. Sunnydaysss? I'm gonna get luscious lips just like yours! :D

Happy Saturday y'all.....got to go....my mop awaits our weekly dance.
 Kay9876
Msg: 23
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 6:36:44 AM
I’m too close to retirement to quit my job, but it isolates me from civilization … well, other than my co-workers who are mostly female and/or at least 20 years younger. I live in a small-ish town and find it a challenge to meet new people.

Last night, a friend ... (a good friend, mind you) … told another friend that I’m looking for a perfect man. (Apparently, intelligent, fun, healthy gentlemen who live within 20 miles are rare, perfect specimens.)

Why should I have to wait until I’m retired to meet a perfect man when other people live next door to them? The men on this thread, for example …

Rant over. I count my blessings there are good men (and women) on the forums who give me hope.

Thanks, sealady. I feel better now.
 OnRumFoLy
Msg: 24
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:08:18 AM
My rants - in no particular order:

1 - Ever since Ashley-Maddison was exposed, there are exponentially more horny old coots in my area of the pond.

2 - Guys who want to sail the world won’t drive 1-2 hours to meet me.

3 - Men want a woman half their age. Does that mean I need to fish in the 100-120 y/o area of this pond?

4 - All the smart, progressive gentlemen are here in the forums.

Wow! That felt good. Thanks, sealady.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 25
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 9:48:13 AM
Dressing rooms without mirrors. You have to come out of the dressing room to see yourself in the mirror. I feel like I'm on the runway. Those strangers watching me check out my ass...

Shared keyboards at work.

Cheap toilet paper. Cheap garbage bags. 2 things that should never break or tear.

Drive thrus with the window on the passenger side. Rare but they exist. Maybe I'll pull in backwards next time...

English Muffins. Why can't they be sliced in 2 even halves already? Damn Brits!

Public restrooms where I can't reach the door from the toilet. All those shadows walking by the door...

Folks that don't know how to say I don't know. Instead of saying that, they offer a bunch of possibilities or maybes.

So Clooney, if my timetable is right now, I can't say it? Cause judging by your past comments, you won't make a move unless we do!

What's a woman to do?

The few times that has happened to me, I gladly exceeded her expectations:)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT