Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Baffalobill
Msg: 1
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok 1 for the Ladies ..Very simple Question ...But not sure how simple the Answer is...

When your reading and checking out the many profiles and pics ...
What exactly is it that gets you interested or should I put it " Turned on " ???...
What do you go for ???
Is there 1 main factor ? Or many common factors involved ???
 import_from_uk
Msg: 2
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:00:15 AM
Intelligence.

I don't care how good looking someone is, if they have the brain of a rock, it's not going to work.
 9Pluto
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:30:55 AM

Intelligence

Good teeth in big smiles.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:33:17 AM
Intelligence in somebody not repulsive looking.

I agree that intelligence is necessary and good looks don't make up for the lack of it, but -- he can't be REPULSIVE. That wouldn't work.

And -- interested, yes. Turned on -- no. If you're turned on by an online profile, you're into the fantasy not the possible reality of a person.
 runningout
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2015 9:27:35 AM
There is no right answer. It boils down to looks and common ground. Unless you have no standards, do you not have preferences when you look at profiles?
 SLAFFA
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/12/2015 9:39:49 AM
The correct answer is...?

If you are willing to go digging through the Forums in 07-09 there were many many threads with countless 100's of women willing to spill the beans on everything from what they would like to see a guy wearing [or not wearing] in his pics, what their weaknesses were, favorite body parts of men and almost any other thing imaginable. Hard to know how many of those threads were removed/are still there. I can tell you that hands down, men's HANDS usually trumped all else when it came to body parts. Not too surprising.

That was back in the heyday of the Forums with probably 10 times the number of contributors.
 spot4username
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/12/2015 10:17:14 AM
Correct spelling makes me swoon.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:14:22 AM
^ There is something about good grammar, fo sho.

I don't even read the profile if the first message says "Hey Babe". And it usually does, in my experience - or some variant of that.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:38:24 AM
I like reading a blurb about a genuine love for a hobby.
"I enjoy building model ships"
"I'm often outside working on/restoring my..."
 bamagrl68
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:51:07 AM
Baffalobill- If you LITERALLY mean turned on, nothing.
Words on a screen don't do that for me.
If you mean INTERESTED, these are the things that catch my attention:
A sense of humor
Intelligence
Common interests
Key words I like: Kind, loyal, faithful and FUN/funny :)
 dinno76
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:56:26 PM
How can you tell how smart someone is by their profile ?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/12/2015 9:01:03 PM
Good-looking
Brains
Pleasant, laid back personality

There is a poster here in the forums, his username is NotGorshkovAgain. He is 20 years older than me and very far away, but his profile? The sexiest I've ever seen. Maybe because he's Russian like me.
 phinatic14
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/13/2015 11:21:26 AM
I assume it's the profiles that feature a guy that would be considered a 20, on a scale of 1-10. If he's anything below that, it will depend on if he: A: knows anyone famous
B. Has at least 100 large in the bank.
C. Has an exciting job.

I think that covers it.
 kj521
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:48:27 PM
"What exactly is it that gets you interested or should I put it " Turned on " ???..."

Mr. Baffalobill?

You had me with "Hi there".....just sayin' ;) ;)

Alright! Alright! I am just teasing! It's a ghost town in here....just havin' a little fun!

Ps.....I am sure your a lovely person Mr. Baffalobill and your winning personality will turn on lots of women. Good luck! :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:54:05 PM

What exactly is it that gets you interested or should I put it " Turned on " ???...

I'm no lady, but here's the way it appears to be for most online at the present time:

6 feet tall and over.
Male model looks.
Drives a Ferrari.

The other stuff is mostly lip service.

And not the good kind of lip service.
 kj521
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:59:00 PM
Not for me Mr. Fullmoonguy.....I'm gonna go look at yours right now. Be back in a second. :)
 crookcatcher
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/13/2015 3:48:52 PM

6 feet tall and over.

Check!

Male model looks.

I could be the guy on a Owens Corning insulation installation commercial no problem!

Drives a Ferrari.

Don't own one...but I can drive one!

This is why I keep my profile hidden. Gotta be careful ya know. :/
 Meagan06825
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/13/2015 4:42:14 PM
A profile that shows a man is well rounded would catch my interest, but nothing is real until you meet. Even then, there has to be a spark that is mutual.

This is the internet and it is a means to an end for some.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/13/2015 6:14:47 PM

Even then, there has to be a spark that is mutual.

This is true. Kind of like a 2 cell flashlight with one battery in it. :/
 Walts
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/13/2015 6:59:35 PM
Are "interested" and "turned on" one and the same OP?

If the ladies are answering honestly, they would probably should be saying no, they are not the same, 100% of the time that is.

People, of both genders, can get "interested" for numerous reasons but, from my experience, there is usually one main reason for a person to be "turned on". Think beer goggles, late at night, when few are around. The next morning, very little interest will be shown.

Profiles, themselves, are not much but a charade or at the very least, a sales pitch for most.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/13/2015 7:01:17 PM
You should have never put " turned on" Seriously
He looks like Vin I might do that mona lisa smile
If people get turned on by profiles might as well sit outside waiting for the zombies
 Baffalobill
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/14/2015 2:29:01 AM
Yes I have Standards ...Common ground great. But I didn't think looks e.g. Appearance, should become... the extreme priority ???

I myself would not be considered an oil painting only " If it was a hot day and slightly melting " heheheh

Why should I expect anything else ....Except decent Personality !!!????

Isn't that what a long lasting relationship is is all about..???
 sealady111
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/14/2015 3:17:16 AM
I will try and emulate Crook Catcher.
From a female perspective.

Blonde - check
Blue eyes - check
Own teeth - check
Big Boobs - check

Model looks ............... Ummmmmm

Drives a Ferrari.................
Oh no I have that wrong. The woman should be almost naked, wearing stiletto heels and be draped over the Ferrari.

......................................................................................

In reality a profile that attracts me is a nice smile, sparkling eyes and words that I enjoy reading.
 2ufo
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/14/2015 5:25:48 AM
I'm not actively searching right now but when I 'browse' profiles:
The photo might interest me enough to read the profile.
Photos that I automatically pass by include inappropriate shirtless photos (if he's shirtless, then he should be near water), nothing but bathroom selfies, his possessions, bar shots, group shots, all older photos...

No matter how interesting the profile, I never get there if I don't like the photos. Interestingly, I will read profile with no photos - showing that (to me), no photo is better than bad photos.

If the photo entices me, then I'll read the profile and hope for my interest to engaged.
Intelligence is great.
Living in the present (i.e. not whining about the past) is also a plus.
Other things are also pluses - plans for the future, hobbies and interests, specifics about favorite music or movies.

It's a medley of factors that interest me, nothing is dependent on a single positive quality.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/14/2015 7:07:43 AM
The OP asked, “When your reading and checking out the many profiles and pics ... what exactly is it that gets you interested".

I noticed a couple of people mention intelligence. If you’ve never interacted with the person before, how could anyone discern intelligence from looking at a profile with a couple of pics?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???