Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you dress up for Halloween?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1
Do you dress up for Halloween?Page 1 of 1    
Will you dress up for Halloween this year?

When I was growing up, I always loved dressing up. I stopped trick-or-treating when I was about 14. In my adult life, I haven't dressed up for Halloween many times.

During the summer of 2011, I saw the first image of Sacha Baron Cohen as The Dictator.

http://collider.com/dictator-movie-image-sacha-baron-cohen/

As you can see in my current picture, in 2011 I decided to try to recreate his outfit and use it as a Halloween costume.

Do you dress up for Halloween?
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:53:40 PM
I have a clown outfit, I've added a piece to it every year or so. It just started out with wearing a pair of pajama pants and putting clown make up on my face, which was a horrid, greasy mess. Now I have a weird see through cloth thingie with a scary clown face on it. I wear over my face, with a rainbow wig, and a big bow tie. I'm kind of tired of it, but it fits, it's comfortable and it does scare the clown haters. It makes my granddaughter laugh, that's the best part. Usually we sit outside in the driveway and hand out candy. Halloween is so much fun :-D Libby is going to be Darth Vader, I think my son-in-law helped with that idea, and my daughter & son-in-law dress up too.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/24/2015 4:28:02 AM
I am terrified of clowns!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/24/2015 5:17:39 AM
Nope!
 Brisco414
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:07:02 AM
I work in the entertainment industry. It's the norm at work ....every day.

On Halloween Human Resources puts on an amazing show for anyone that dares to wander through their department.

But no, I don't dress up.
 eternityforeternity
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:28:00 AM
I don't celebrate Halloween; but I am passing out confectioneries, on that evening.

I could go as myself and it'd scare the neighbors and visiting treat seekers, so I should disguise myself. ;-)

I'm considering "Darth Vader" as a possible cloak.
 Meagan06825
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:36:37 AM
I am thinking of wrapping myself up in toilet paper and going as a Mummy. So many bars, so little time...
 bAc0nflav0redbac0n
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:46:11 AM
I'm gonna entice the local republican geezers by wearing a bacon costume.

My lard bucket will be filled to the brim with treats for their more humane canines.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:12:41 PM
I do. I always dress up as a witch.. because I am one.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/25/2015 10:34:28 PM

Message #5;
I work in the entertainment industry. It's the norm at work ....every day.

On Halloween Human Resources puts on an amazing show for anyone that dares to wander through their department.

One of the things I miss about New York City, is attending the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade. Your comment reminded me of the parade because they put on such an amazing show.

Comment #6:
I don't celebrate Halloween; but I am passing out confectioneries, on that evening.

I could go as myself and it'd scare the neighbors and visiting treat seekers, so I should disguise myself. ;-)

I'm considering "Darth Vader" as a possible cloak.

Welcome back!

Comment #7:
I am thinking of wrapping myself up in toilet paper and going as a Mummy. So many bars, so little time...

A toilet paper mummy costume though, while awesome, probably last about five minutes,

Comment #8:
I'm gonna entice the local republican geezers by wearing a bacon costume.

My lard bucket will be filled to the brim with treats for their more humane canines.

You will get more candy from the republican geezers if you wear a Donna T. Rumpshaker costume.

Comment #9:
I do. I always dress up as a witch.. because I am one.

Cool, witch and zombie costumes are some of the most popular.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:52:40 AM
going to a party so will be dressing up
I always have to explain what I am to most people, but it is easy
Last year I took the Pup out halloweening - we scored well. She was wonder woman
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:05:28 AM
I'm going to a party as myself. I've been told from some women that is scary enough :-(
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:51:26 PM
I'm going to dress up as Bruce Jenner.
 RME40
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:19:05 PM
Nope, I don't dress up for Halloween. I don't even remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/31/2015 5:01:07 AM
No, never did that in my life. Halloween is a regular day to me except that it's hard to get a seat at the bar.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 6:43:25 AM
Although i am a bit auld now for dressing up many moons ago me and my mates used to go guising. Although back when i was a laddie when you went guising you got money for singing a song instead of sweeties.
My lassie is having a party later on with her, her geezer, my 4 grandbairns and around another 14 bairns all taking part. I shall show face and no doubt face many witches and scary monsters.

And tonight The Crags sports bar where i guzzle is having a halloween bash as well as the barmans missus' 21 st birthday. All the cobwebs and props were getting put up last night. So technically i SHALL be going guising as a drunk man. And probably see scary monsters.

Pumpkins are widely used in scotland now for lanterns but when i was a bairn my dad used to hollow out a turnip (or tumshie in scots). That was no mean feat as a tumshie is very hard to cut the inside out.

This is a cracking poem about witches and ghouls and of course the demon drink.

http://www.robertburns.org.uk/Assets/Poems_Songs/tamoshanter.htm

But whether guising, trick or treating or just having a party and getting bladdered just enjoy yourselves folks.

"Guising
In Scotland and Ireland, "guising" — children going from door to door in disguise — is traditional, and a gift in the form of food, coins or "apples or nuts for the Halloween party" (in more recent times chocolate) is given out to the children dressed up in various costumes.[48][49] The tradition is called "guising" because of the disguises or costumes worn by the children.[50] In the West Mid Scots dialect, guising is known as "galoshans".[51]

Among the earliest record of guising at Halloween in Scotland is in 1895, where masqueraders in disguise carrying lanterns made out of scooped out turnips, visit homes to be rewarded with cakes, fruit and money.[18] Guising also involved going to wealthy homes, and in the 1920s, boys went guising at Halloween up to the affluent Thorntonhall, South Lanarkshire.[52] An account of guising in the 1950s in Ardrossan, North Ayrshire, records a child receiving 12 shillings and sixpence having knocked on doors throughout the neighborhood and performed.[43] There is a significant difference from the way the practice has developed in North America with the jocular threat. In Scotland and Ireland, the children are only supposed to receive treats if they perform a party trick for the households they go to. "
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guising#Guising
 Walts
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/31/2015 7:26:57 AM
I think I'm gonna go out tonight a little differently than most nights.

Tonight, I'm gonna out as a drunk.
 CallaLily004
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 7:33:03 AM
No plans/costumes for me tonight.... BUT, I will be wearing my pumpkin sweater and handing out the candy treats to the kiddies! :))
 Meagan06825
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:33:41 AM
Sure, I did it last night and am doing it again tonight. (dress up in costume)

I am just sad that I did not win any costume prize at the bar I was at last night :0(

But I met Darth Vader and he bought me a Pinot Grigio to cheer me up, so all is not lost.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you dress up for Halloween?